[no leak/demo discussion allowed] The REBEL HEART Album Thread

I remember this was the case with Ellie Gouldings Lights album. Titled "Lights" yet the actual song "Lights" was a bonus track on the iTunes Deluxe Edition, it was later released as a single. I think it's some kind of marketing trick to make casual buyers (who the 14 track is aimed at) buy the single separately at a later date.

If that's true, it truly sucks that they are going for a marketing gimmick rather than presenting a self-contained whole on each version of the album. The standard would not be whole without the the title track. Its not just some random track, its her vision for who she is and what this album represents (as opposed to say Like A Virgin, which isn't representative of the album, it just happens to share the same name).

I haven't heard Rebel Heart or Messiah, and while members have suggested those two demos are among her best work in years, remember that many of us felt strongly about Beautiful Killer which was deluxe only. I realize it wasn't the title track.

It would be funny if she puts a different cover on the 14 track version, and I will be forced to buy it. Otherwise deluxe only for me!

Something tells me that this ain't right. I think there is some major confusion going on. They should honestly pull their shit together and delete that 14-track version. It's just messy and while doing that they should change the fucking sequencing because it makes no fucking sense. My god Interscope...what the hell are you doing again?

It can still be changed.

The tracklists of iTunes pre-order releases are subject to change until the actual release.

ATTENTION! Spoilers ahead!

Well...here's the thing: The Rebel Heart album version doesn't seem to mesh well with the rest of the album. It sounds just like the demo I talked about months ago. You know...acoustic, folky with additional percussions. It's not really single but rather tour material. S.E.X. sounds like the S&S intro now. It's weird bc the last 5 tracks really don't seem to have any logical sequencing.

I pray to god that the sequencing of the whole album will be entirely different bc it's a complete utter mess rn. No flow whatsoever...

But you know that's typically Interscope...they always do this messy deluxe, iTunes exclusive, regional bonus track shit. I'd prefer to have ONE edition of the album with proper sequencing and ONE deluxe edition with some bonus tracks that don't necessarilly belong on the album but are still good enough to be included.

As if Madonna would care for the standard edition. Guy Oseary said during MDNA they always acknowledge the deluxe edition as the MDNA album.

But a lot of people still consider MDNA as a 12-track album though, including me. The last three tracks Love Spent --> Masterpiece --> Masterpiece clearly serve as a grand finale for the record. Anything else is just icing on the not-so-delicious cake.

ATTENTION! Spoilers ahead!

Well...here's the thing: The Rebel Heart album version doesn't seem to mesh well with the rest of the album. It sounds just like the demo I talked about months ago. You know...acoustic, folky with additional percussions. It's not really single but rather tour material. S.E.X. sounds like the S&S intro now. It's weird bc the last 5 tracks really don't seem to have any logical sequencing.

I pray to god that the sequencing of the whole album will be entirely different bc it's a complete utter mess rn. No flow whatsoever...

But you know that's typically Interscope...they always do this messy deluxe, iTunes exclusive, regional bonus track shit. I'd prefer to have ONE edition of the album with proper sequencing and ONE deluxe edition with some bonus tracks that don't necessarilly belong on the album but are still good enough to be included.

x2.

The flow seems really messy this time: Ghosttown --> Unapologetic, HeartBreakCity --> Body Shop, S.E.X --> Messiah. None of these makes sense at all. As eclectic as MDNA is, the sequencing at least seems to be well thought out and you get a sense of sonic spectrum throughout the album, saving it from being a Bionic-sized trainwreck. All of M's albums flow well and I'm really hoping the sequencing will get shifted a bit. And don't flush me with "you can always edit your own tracklist duh" argument. I am respectful of how artists choose to present their work and I think it always makes or breaks an album.

But a lot of people still consider MDNA as a 12-track album though, including me. The last three tracks Love Spent --> Masterpiece --> Masterpiece clearly serve as a grand finale for the record. Anything else is just icing on the not-so-delicious cake.

Well, you could change the way you think or keep complaining about a standard edition Madonna doesn't give two fucks about. :kiss2:

Well, you could change the way you think or keep complaining about a standard edition Madonna doesn't give two fucks about. :kiss2:

How was I even complaining? :laugh: Madonna wanted to sequence and blend all tracks together for MDNA but ran out of time and we know damn well those bonus tracks don't even fit the flow of the album. It seems pretty clear to me the standard edition of MDNA was how M envisioned the way the whole record works :popcorn2:

x2.

The flow seems really messy this time: Ghosttown --> Unapologetic, HeartBreakCity --> Body Shop, S.E.X --> Messiah. None of these makes sense at all. As eclectic as MDNA is, the sequencing at least seems to be well thought out and you get a sense of sonic spectrum throughout the album, saving it from being a Bionic-sized trainwreck. All of M's albums flow well and I'm really hoping the sequencing will get shifted a bit. And don't flush me with "you can always edit your own tracklist duh" argument. I am respectful of how artists choose to present their work and I think it always makes or breaks an album.

The sequencing should be this:

1. Illuminati
  2. Bitch, I'm Madonna
  3. Best Night
  4. Body Shop
  5. S.E.X.
  6. Holy Water
  7. Unapologetic Bitch
  8. Iconic
  9. Veni Vidi Vici
  10. Living for Love
  11. Joan of Arc
  12. Devil Pray
  13. Hold Tight
  14. Ghosttown
  15. Inside Out
  16. Messiah
  17. HeartBreakCity
  18. Wash All Over Me
  19. Rebel Heart

Here's the thing with MDNA: The 5 bonus tracks were not essential to the album's flow or did not really contribute to the storyline/theme that was supposed to be told/shown in MDNA because let's be real...it barely had a stroyline or theme.

Madonna herself said that Rebel Heart was ALWAYS meant to be a 19-track album showcasing the two sides of her persona. This theme is supposed to be carried and emphasized by the sequencing. However, the way it is right it does not seem to showcase anything except for being majorly affected by the demo leak and the rush-relaese of a selection of 6 tracks, which I'm sure were originally supposed to be on different spots.

Rebel Heart is a masterpiece that has not a single bad song or filler on it being a 19-track album. That is something barely any artist nowadays is capable of doing. It would be a true travesty it it gets ruined by M's messy management that can't even keep the finished album from leaking.

1. Illuminati
  2. Bitch, I'm Madonna
  3. Best Night
  4. Body Shop
  5. S.E.X.
  6. Holy Water
  7. Unapologetic Bitch
  8. Iconic
  9. Veni Vidi Vici
  10. Living for Love
  11. Joan of Arc
  12. Devil Pray
  13. Hold Tight
  14. Ghosttown
  15. Inside Out
  16. Messiah
  17. HeartBreakCity
  18. Wash All Over Me
  19. Rebel Heart

Here's the thing with MDNA: The 5 bonus tracks were not essential to the album's flow or did not really contribute to the storyline/theme that was supposed to be told/shown in MDNA because let's be real...it barely had a stroyline or theme.

Madonna herself said that Rebel Heart was ALWAYS meant to be a 19-track album showcasing the two sides of her persona. This theme is supposed to be carried and emphasized by the sequencing. However, the way it is right it does not seem to showcase anything except for being majorly affected by the demo leak and the rush-relaese of a selection of 6 tracks, which I'm sure were originally supposed to be on different spots.

Rebel Heart is a masterpiece that has not a single bad song or filler on it being a 19-track album. That is something barely any artist nowadays is capable of doing. It would be a true travesty it it gets ruined by M's messy management that can't even keep the finished album from leaking.

I'm crossing my fingers that the 25-track super deluxe version will separate the REBEL/HEART tracks. Please come through Queen!

this means what? Rebel Heart won't be a single? gotta be kiddin' me..

To be honest, I never understood why people wanted RH as a single to begin with. And on top of that, it's rumored to have been stripped down, thus put at the end of the album, so it's probably not very good single material anymore anyway.

I think that's just a preliminary tracklist. The standard CD version on CDON in Sweden is listed in the same way, I think they simply haven't compiled the "standard" tracklist yet.

This is possible.

1. Illuminati
  2. Bitch, I'm Madonna
  3. Best Night
  4. Body Shop
  5. S.E.X.
  6. Holy Water
  7. Unapologetic Bitch
  8. Iconic
  9. Veni Vidi Vici
  10. Living for Love
  11. Joan of Arc
  12. Devil Pray
  13. Hold Tight
  14. Ghosttown
  15. Inside Out
  16. Messiah
  17. HeartBreakCity
  18. Wash All Over Me
  19. Rebel Heart

Exactly. Releasing six songs randomly in December (including the single, which has gone un-promoted for weeks!) and then abandoning the two-disc idea because of the leaks made absolutely no sense. Either do what Bjork did and release the album STAT or if it wasn't ready, wait until it is. It's so strange.They totally changed their plans about some things that have potentially compromised the original creative concept, but have stubbornly NOT changed their plans about the things that would help the album commercially (like sticking to the original single promo schedule).

ALL OF THAT SAID, we haven't heard the final mixes of many of these songs. As much as those first six songs don't flow together as well as we may have hoped, the rest maybe work just fine.

To be honest, I never understood why people wanted RH as a single to begin with. And on top of that, it's rumored to have been stripped down, thus put at the end of the album, so it's probably not very good single material anymore anyway.

It really isn't. I think people hyped the song so much because it was the first song that leaked. It has been moved to the end becuase it sums up the theme of the album perfectly, but doesn't necessarily flow with the rest of the album. Most of the songs have received a major rework, not lyrically (for most part) but the instrumentals and mixes are really different now and I believe they have changed for the better, especially one song that has been torn apart by fans when the demo leaked. ;)

Exactly. Releasing six songs randomly in December (including the single, which has gone un-promoted for weeks!) and then abandoning the two-disc idea because of the leaks made absolutely no sense. Either do what Bjork did and release the album STAT or if it wasn't ready, wait until it is. It's so strange.They totally changed their plans about some things that have potentially compromised the original creative concept, but have stubbornly NOT changed their plans about the things that would help the album commercially (like sticking to the original single promo schedule).

ALL OF THAT SAID, we haven't heard the final mixes of many of these songs. As much as those first six songs don't flow together as well as we may have hoped, the rest maybe work just fine.

Well...I don't think it was ever meant to be a two disc album. The 19 tracks clearly fit on one CD and she could have just sperated all the REBEL and all the HEART songs from each other to create a better flow. Looking at it now, I think Veni Vidi Vici -> Living for Love is the perfect transition from Rebel to Heart, lyrically as well as sonically.

I'm already tired about people complaining about this album!! No guideline! No strong theme!! etc. This album is already a masterpiece. You know the guideline, Madonna!! And even more, she said herself that every songs could be play only with a guitar and still be good!! We a rebel and a heart side on every songs. An album doesn't need a strong theme to be good, Rebel heart is the proof!

I'm already tired about people complaining about this album!! No guideline! No strong theme!! etc. This album is already a masterpiece. You know the guideline, Madonna!! And even more, she said herself that every songs could be play only with a guitar and still be good!! We a rebel and a heart side on every songs. An album doesn't need a strong theme to be good, Rebel heart is the proof!

Dude, the album has a theme and it's a pretty strong theme too. :lmao:

Anyway UK Amazon is now offering a "Clean Edition" of Rebel Heart...without tracklist.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rebel-Heart-Cln-Madonna/dp/B00S2T405W/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1422360684&sr=1-4&keywords=madonna+rebel+heart

Dude, the album has a theme and it's a pretty strong theme too. :lmao:

Anyway UK Amazon is now offering a "Clean Edition" of Rebel Heart...without tracklist.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rebel-Heart-Cln-Madonna/dp/B00S2T405W/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1422360684&sr=1-4&keywords=madonna+rebel+heart

Haha no thanks I'll take the explicit version any day ;)

best album since ROL

Exactly, the theme is rebel / heart which is why it doesn't make sense to not have the song Rebel Heart on any of the versions of the album. Anyway, this is all speculation, we'll see what happens soon enough...

I meant it's not like Confession or music etc where the theme was on your face written with big neon lights IT'S A DISCO ALBUM

The theme of rebel heart is more with the lyrics and the purpose of those songs. It's more a concept album. So I don't care about the track sequence, each songs have that Rebel and heart side so...

I meant it's not like Confession or music etc where the theme was on your face written with big neon lights IT'S A DISCO ALBUM

The theme of rebel heart is more with the lyrics and the purpose of those songs. It's more a concept album. So I don't care about the track sequence, each songs have that Rebel and heart side so...

Unless Madonna wears a kimono or cowgirl attire and spells out the theme for them on the cover with an easy to understand description, people just won't get it.

Theme and cohesiveness don't always mean the same thing. If the theme is that she is a rebel and a compassionate being, then it would make sense that a song from one side of her would flow jarringly into a song symbolizing her other side. The theme: we are all made up of very different facets.