Ariel Rechtshaid learned Madonna isn't "Madonna"

From MTV: Watch out, Kevin Bacon — your “six degrees of separation” throne has been thoroughly usurped. The newest dude to bear that crown is connected to just about every heavy-hitter in the music industry, and we don’t even have to count as high as six to prove it.

Yup, Ariel Rechtshaid is all over basically every record you may have dug these past few years — and probably a good portion of those you’re going to love by 2015′s end.
Don’t believe me? Well, let’s rattle off just a few of the names the Grammy-nominated producer, musician, writer and all-around Renaissance man has worked with over the past few years: Beyoncé, Madonna, Usher, HAIM — do I need to go on? Or do any of those groupings of letters ring bells?
That’s what I thought. And that’s only a smattering of the talent that Rechtshaid has leant his…well, talents to.
Before heading into the studio to start work on Sky Ferreira‘s next record (!!!), Rechtshaid took some time out to tell MTV News what he’s learned from some of his most high-profile collaborators. Eat your heart out, Kevin Bacon.
From Madonna, He Learned What’s In A Name
screenshot_705-590x590.jpg
“I kept calling her ‘Madonna’ — just, ‘Hey Madonna’ and whatever. Every time she would kind of look at me funny. After a while she was like, ‘Why do you keep calling me that?’ I’m like, ‘Calling you what?’ And she says, ‘Calling me Madonna, nobody calls me that.’ I was like, ‘What do you mean? What do people call you?’ She’s like, ‘Umm, M. People call me M.’ I’m like, ‘Oh, alright! Well, anyway, let’s do some vocals, Madonna.’”
madonna_ig_581.jpg

From Madonna, He Learned What’s In A Name
“I kept calling her ‘Madonna’ — just, ‘Hey Madonna’ and whatever. Every time she would kind of look at me funny. After a while she was like, ‘Why do you keep calling me that?’ I’m like, ‘Calling you what?’ And she says, ‘Calling me Madonna, nobody calls me that.’ I was like, ‘What do you mean? What do people call you?’ She’s like, ‘Umm, M. People call me M.’ I’m like, ‘Oh, alright! Well, anyway, let’s do some vocals, Madonna.’”
madonna_ig_581.jpg

who's the guy behind diplo?

Watch out for Caca to say "everybody calls me LG".

:lmao: I can actually see that happening.

Maybe people can call her L. Ga. (like J. Lo)... and that sounds like Olga, no offense to M's cute dog.

someone also asked her "do people still call you louise?" and she said "lots of people do!" (that wasn't recent but certainly not that long ago either)I think louise is more of a family nickname & other music related friends call her "M" and some even call her "Mo" like rosie. she got lots of nicknames but i always linked "M" with her work related buddies..