Mike Tyson Talks Madonna in Rolling Stone

When Madonna released the finished track list for her upcoming album Rebel Heart earlier this week, the most conspicuous guest star wasn't Nicki Minaj, Nas or Chance the Rapper. That distinction fell to Mike Tyson, who appears with the singer and Chance the Rapper on new track "Iconic."

And while Tyson hasn't heard the finished track yet (a leaked demo of the song only featured Madonna), the former boxer-turned-actor tells Rolling Stone that his role was similar to his 1998 appearance as a hype man on battle rapper Canibus' "Second Round K.O."

"Madonna calls you and tells you to come somewhere, you go," Tyson says. "I didn't know what the hell I was going there for. I'm just there having a good time and hanging out with Madonna. She has her producer there and I go into the studio and I didn't know if she wanted me to talk or rap. I just go in there and start talking. I'm talking about my life and things that I have endured. I'm saying some really crazy stuff. It was really intense."

Tyson ad-libbed his part of the song which he says was done in one take and drew inspiration from an unlikely icon. "When I did it, I think about being some guy like [benito] Mussolini and they're really arrogant, but you try to come from a positive perspective and be uplifting. You watch Mussolini on television even though we don't understand what he's saying he is so mesmerizing. I look at myself in that way.

"I know people may say 'this guy's a fascist' and all this stuff, but man, you can take positivity from watching him," added Tyson. "No wonder why Hitler was attracted to him. This guy's a hypnotic figure. There's so much pride behind what he's saying. I'm not even Italian and I feel the pride he's projecting. He had that street swag; he was doing this stuff with his hands and moving his head before it was even hip-hop."

While this is the first musical collaboration between the two stars, their history together goes back decades. Tyson says he first met Madonna in 1988 during a double date between himself, then-wife Robin Givens, Madonna and her then-husband Sean Penn. When the foursome went to see a Pee-wee Herman movie, Tyson and Penn both fell asleep midway through the film, leaving their dates time to bond.

"She's an awesome, serene person," Tyson says of Madonna. "She's trying to do something that since the beginning of time has been the most difficult thing to do: Save the world. I commend her for that. She is a fighter in every sense of the word and from an intergalactic perspective," he adds with a laugh.

The star of Mike Tyson Mysteries, the unexpected animated hit that was recently picked up for a second season, even weighed in on Adi Lederman, the 38-year-old Israeli manarrested for hacking into Madonna's computer and attempting to sell the unreleased songs. "It's an invasion of privacy," says Tyson. "It's totally counterproductive to what our so-called constitution is all about. But I'm not in the position to pass judgment on somebody like that, but [what happens to him] shouldn't be something nice."

It's unclear if Tyson, who contributed the dance-pop song "One Night in Bangkok" to the soundtrack to 2011's The Hangover Part II, will try to parlay his "Iconic" appearance into a future career, but the multihyphenate is not ruling it out.

"Doing the song with Madonna makes me think this [music career] could really happen," Tyson says. "Most guys that come in there drink a bunch of liquor or smoke 100 blunts. I just went in and boom, one take. Everyone thought it was cool."

There are so many wrong things there... Poor man, he really lost his marbles!

I wonder why Madonna is so fascinated with him, surely she as more information than regular public. I haven't followed his career much, only know about his recent justice problems.

I think Tyson will say something about being successful and famous at the beginning of the song, like the written intro before GMAYL video...

But WTF with Hitler and Mussolini lol.

tumblr_m5sz44InY21r67gg0o1_500.gif

Fasten your seatbelts

une autre controverse du jour arrive!!! :drama:

I can picture the headlines from the daily mirror and co : "Madonna and Mike Tyson recorded a song about Hitler".

I can picture the headlines from the daily mirror and co : "Madonna and Mike Tyson recorded a song about Hitler".

Called ICONIC :rotfl: M is trolling HARD god damn she knows how to get a headline

I shouldn't laugh but can't help it. His rambling words about Mussolini are so unexpected and bizarre. Never thought I would hear the day when someone said Mussolini had "street swag" Then saying that he is not even Italian but can feel the pride he is projecting. One of the weirdest interviews anyone could imagine.

I shouldn't laugh but can't help it. His rambling words about Mussolini are so unexpected and bizarre. Never thought I would hear the day when someone said Mussolini had "street swag" Then saying that he is not even Italian but can feel the pride he is projecting. One of the weirdest interviews anyone could imagine.

It has been my first reaction: :lmao: :lmao:

DAMN!!! I LOVE WHEN YOU SPEAK FRENCH............!! Come here baby! :drama::lol:

:smooch: I will try to do it more often! It was one of my majors (french literature) at university! :)

In Italy Madonna is considered left-oriented..this will cause controversial debates.. if and when tv news will talk about it..

Guest Rachelle of London

they probably edited out a lot of his talk on the track or I would at least hope and he's not prominently featured.

My thoughts exactly

I think what he was trying to say is that Mussolini and Hitler were great agitators who knew how to give a speech and being so charismatic that the common people were impressed in a way that they believed in the shit they were saying. Just a few days ago there was a documentary on TV that was about this very topic. How it was possible that two men who were not really attractive and/or special and educated could be so persuasive to mobilize the masses. Nevertheless, the way he said it was quite clumsy and leaves a lot room for interpretation which is a no go when it comes to people like Hitler and Mussolini. Or maybe the interview was edited in a way to make room for speculation.

do you really think Hitler and Mussolini did not have carisma ? What T. said in his interview it s in the eyes of the world . I mean he s not arguing bout what / who s right or wrong .

Gandi , Jesus and Maometto had carisma too .

It s about comunication .

Madonna too

I'm expecting two things: Tyson speaking in the middle of the track like Chimamanda Adichie in '***Flawless', or speking during the outro of the song like in 'Isaac'.

Let me step up & defend what he said. he's not talking about what Mussolini or Shitler stand 4, but the power

of 'charismatic' leaders. It has nothing 2 with their message or politics. It's about their rhetorical talent.

I'm sick & tired of idiots not being able 2 read or understand or pay attention 2 what a person is

actually saying & turning in2 the shit it really isn't. #rebelheart

& he's not rambling at all.

Evil people can b iconic 2.

Guest Rachelle of London

Let me step up & defend what he said. he's not talking about what Mussolini or Shitler stand 4, but the power

of 'charismatic' leaders. It has nothing 2 with their message or politics. It's about their rhetorical talent.

I'm sick & tired of idiots not being able 2 read or understand or pay attention 2 what a person is

:clap:

Well said.

Yeah, I don't see the issue of what he said either. The charismatic aspect of leaders like Mussolini, Hitler, Peron, Vargas and so many others are studied in depth. He never said he agreed with their politcs.

No surprise that it's the people on here with ZERO comprehension skills that are jumping on what he said and selecting an out of context sentence or two to prove their point. Kinda like what people do with Madge EVERY SINGLE TIME.