Julianne Moore: "Madonna was method-y and I felt nervous about slapping her"

XXL

:lmao: Revelation of the century right there! It was the fakest slap I've ever seen. Madonna's head went in 2 different directions between one shot and another. :lol:

no.

look at the scene again, take into account that their reflections are being filmed through a mirror just before the fake slap. just after the slap, its another angle from another camera not through the mirror.

and for a more obvious give away, look at what side mdonna's hair is parted pre and post slap.

no.

look at the scene again, take into account that their reflections are being filmed through a mirror just before the fake slap. just after the slap, its another angle from another camera not through the mirror.

and for a more obvious give away, look at what side m hair is parted pre and post slap.

I don't remember either shot being filmed in a mirror but I'll check it out. I mean, I know the scene takes place in front of a mirror but I don't remember any mirror shots. Then again my memory sucks lol

She's one of our greatest living actresses. I'm so glad she's finally going to win an Oscar. She should have at least one by now.

Yes! RollingStone's film reviewer Peter Travers wrote this in his review of Still Alice and I love it.

"But here's the thing. In Still Alice, Moore's performance as a Columbia linguistics professor exhibiting signs of early-onset Alzheimer's is so extraordinary in every detail that it should never have to be considered a payment for benefits past due. Moore shows us acting at its best, alive with ferocity and feeling and committed to truth."

She is a great actress. I saw her once in real life and she looked amazing . Pearly white skin and this great red hair.

I remembered she said in an interview once that she's met and spoken to Madonna since BOE but they never discussed that mess and that she didn't enjoy making that film and didn't think Madonna did either .

I fucking love Julianne. She's the best. She wasn't being negative towards M here either so haters can fuck off. Saying someone is "method-y" is not a bad thing; M was just trying to stay in character, that's why she wouldn't speak to her. Here's the rest of the quote from her WWHL appearance: 'She was a method actor at that time, because she was playing the girlfriend and I was playing the wife. We were supposed to be enemies. She's always been very nice to me other times. This was just on this movie, so I was very scared of her.'

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Ya know, she was in a movie where she was completely naked from the waist DOWN in a movie once, but I can't remember what it was. :laugh:

it's in Altman's Short Cuts (amazing film).

safe.jpg

The film "Safe" from 1995 is one of my favourites of all time, Julianne Moore is amazing in it (and there's a scene where she is in aerobics class and exercises to "Lucky Star" consequently, lol).

Julianne is amazing in so many movies.

And I LOVE "Body of Evidence", lol.... Julianne was also asked about it in an issue of Entertainment Weekly years ago.... She said something along the lines of how she saw Madonna a while after the movie bombed but was too embarrassed to bring it up...

I think it bombed in theatres but did well in video rentals apparently? Every horny guy in my hometown rented it, haha. Including myself, but just to see Madonna. :-)

safe.jpg

The film "Safe" from 1995 is one of my favourites of all time, Julianne Moore is amazing in it (and there's a scene where she is in aerobics class and exercises to "Lucky Star" consequently, lol).

Safe is really good and Julianne is brilliant in it. And I love that Lucky Star aerobics scene

"WISH ME LOCK?"

I'm pretty sure it's "lox."

Bagel-Lox-on-White-Plate1.jpg

safe.jpg

Julianne is amazing in so many movies.

And I LOVE "Body of Evidence", lol.... Julianne was also asked about it in an issue of Entertainment Weekly years ago.... She said something along the lines of how she saw Madonna a while after the movie bombed but was too embarrassed to bring it up...

I think it bombed in theatres but did well in video rentals apparently? Every horny guy in my hometown rented it, haha. Including myself, but just to see Madonna. :-)

Safe is one of my favorite films. It's truly amazing.

it's in Altman's Short Cuts (amazing film).

I love how she's just standing there arguing with her husband with her pussy out. It's just so real. I hate when people have sex in movies and then cover themselves with a sheet. It just pulls you out of the movie.

Was it ever explained why it was shot this way? Why does her head go in the wrong direction? Was it just one of those errors never caught by the film makers? I find that hard to believe.

It's not the wrong direction! One shot was form the mirror, the other wasn't.