Live Earth 2015 Concerts Announced Today

Jamesy

11:19: Live Earth concerts Mark Savage - Entertainment reporter
_80414435_meu103.jpg

Over at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Al Gore, Pharrell Williams and producer Kevin Wall have just announced a second instalment of the Live Earth concerts, which aim to combat climate change.

The first shows, in 2007, featured stars such as Madonna, Metallica, Bon Jovi, the Black Eyed Peas and The Police at venues around the world, including London's Wembley Stadium.

This year's sequel will take place 18 June in Paris, New York, Brazil, South Africa, China and Australia.

More than 100 artists will take part, it is promised, although no names have been revealed yet.

Pharrell, who is the project's creative director as well as the owner of a very fetching scarf, added enigmatically: "Instead of just having people perform, we literally are going to have humanity harmonise all at once."

Hmm.. dunno. Does she wanna repeat herself? Somehow I don't see this happening.. but then again, it would be a great opportunity to promote a good cause (a.k.a. her summer single! :laugh: ). I wouldn't mind though! Madonna performance (and promo) is always more than welcome!

Sidenote.. I don't like Pharrel but I adore his jacket!!! GIMME!!

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah but those were televised, will this be?? Hmmm

I bet it will. There would be no point not to televise it

OMG so good...

A few months ago I said that it was a shame that this type of events (Live Aid, Earth, 8) didn't exist anymore. If Madonna is not on tour, she will participate for sure! :popcorn2:

I bet it will. There would be no point not to televise it

Even that Chime For Change concert thing from a couple of years ago was televised.

Maybe not everywhere - but Live Earth 2015 will definitely be on TV - and I would be very surprised if Madonna's not on the bill.

It's scream LFL, ghosttown and and a classic Performance!!! with that freedom speech

I doubt she will sing an unknown song like Ghosttown, it's not a place to promote a new song... It will certainly be Living for Love (that will be a hit in june) and 2 old hits (I bet on Music/Like a Prayer).

I doubt she will sing an unknown song like Ghosttown, it's not a place to promote a new song... It will certainly be Living for Love (that will be a hit in june) and 2 old hits (I bet on Music/Like a Prayer).

she did HEY YOU once. I don't see the problem.

Exactly. With the exception of HY that was written specifically for this event. :thumbsup:

she did HEY YOU once. I don't see the problem.

You don't see the problem in using charity events to promote new songs? "Hey you" was free to download and written for the occasion...

Moreover, singing "When the world gets cold I'll be your cover" in an event about global warming would be quite awkward :smile:

Do you know what a metaphor is?

Yeah thanks I'm not stupid, but this song is not something you could sing to unite people against global warming... :snore:

I thought the smiley at the end of my sentence would make you understand that I was not serious, but obviously it didn't work.