Israeli suspect arrested for hacking into Madonna's computer and selling leaks

Israeli man arrested over Madonna hack

Madonna releases songs after leak

An Israeli man has been arrested on suspicion of hacking into the computers of pop stars including Madonna and selling unreleased songs online.

Israeli police said the man was suspected of stealing work from several unnamed international stars.

A private investigator connected to the case confirmed Madonna was among them.

The pop star rush-released a number of new songs last month after demos and unfinished mixes from her new album Rebel Heart made their way online.

Madonna called the leak "a form of terrorism."

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

The suspect had broken into the computers of a number of international artists

Israeli police spokesman

Her manager Guy Oseary said the "devastating" action had prompted the surprise release of six songs from Rebel Heart in December, months earlier than planned.

'Violation'

Asher Wizman, the owner of a private investigation firm in Israel, told the Reuters news agency he was contacted by Madonna's team several weeks ago after rumours of an Israeli connection to the leak.

"Our investigator found her computers, at home and at a studio, were broken into from a computer in Israel," he told Reuters.

"We tracked down the computer, and the man behind it. After gathering enough evidence, we turned to the police and he was arrested today."

Police did not immediately name the 39-year-old man, although local reports identified him as a former contestant on one of Israel's TV talent shows.

"He is suspected of computer hacking, copyright violation and fraudulent receipt of goods," a police spokesman said.

"During the investigation it appeared the suspect had broken into the computers of a number of international artists, stole unreleased demos and final tracks and sold them over the internet."

Madonna

Madonna has had 13 UK number one singles, more than any other female artist

No charges have yet been filed.

Madonna is due to perform songs from her new album at the Grammy Awards next month, while she is also rumoured to be appearing at the Brits.

Rebel Heart sees her working with songwriter and producer Ryan Tedder and dance producer Diplo, who said he had written three "amazing smashes" with the pop star.

The arrest in Israel comes a day after Bjork was forced to release her new album Vulnicura two months ahead of schedule after it leaked over the weekend.

His full identity isn't supposed to be revealed until tomorrow. He's a former 'A Star is Born' contestant (the local version of 'American Idol'). I don't follow those crap shows, so I doubt he'll be familiar to me.

So it wasn't her kids after all? :lol:

If it's true I hope it teaches other hackers that they can't get away so easily with their crimes.

I hope you didn't listen to the leaked demos..if you did you're just as guilty.

Was it really him hacking into her computer and not someone from her inner circle selling stuff?

Smells like the same scapegoat bullshit ( :semifunny: ) to me than last time with GMAYL.

Was it really him hacking into her computer and not someone from her inner circle selling stuff?

Smells like the same scapegoat bullshit ( :semifunny: ) to me than last time with GMAYL.

would they pick israel though? think about it. oseary & M and her security are all pretty close to israel it seems. don't think they'd use that as the scapegoat. and it says he hacked in other celebs' computers as well..

There must be more people involved though. How do you get access to someone's PCs unless she popped into the Tel Aviv branch of PC world? I wonder if people are selling celebrity IP addresses on the dark web?

Why did they use this picture, of all the ones out there? :lol:

56806660992454490234no.jpg

Although I do like the caption: Madonna is the world's top-selling female recording artist of all time

Well, it's better than last year at the Grammy's. lol

"I am profoundly grateful to the FBI, the Israeli Police investigators and anyone else who helped lead to the arrest of this hacker. I deeply appreciate my fans who have provided us with pertinent information and continue to do so regarding leaks of my music. Like any citizen, I have the right to privacy. This invasion into my life - creatively, professionally, and personally remains a deeply devastating and hurtful experience, as it must be for all artists who are victims of this type of crime." -Madonna