Pharrell Williams

Usher

Miranda Lambert

Common and John Legend

Maroon 5

Gwen Stefani and Adam Levine

Jessie J and Tom Jones Duet NEW

Hozier and Anne Lenox Duet NEW

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/93727535.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz3Q6gmvtyu

U2 is no longer performing?

Didn't Bono injure himself? I think that's why.

But I think that happened before it was announced they were performing?

I figured since M's own band (except the piano guy) don't seem to be involved in this performance, maybe the other U2 members might be her band, given that they have the Guy O connection. I thought they might do a mix of both of their songs, with her singing on their song, and them playing on hers...

Did they announce Madonna with macklemore & ryan when she performed last year? or were they separate? I'm pretty sure she was announced separate, yet performed with them..

If she does ANY part of UB or BIM on Grammy night I will die. I will just die.

Me 2 :dramatic:

Had the worse nightmare last night about the perfomance. M went on stage and performed LFL for only one minute and then she came off the stage and bulls and horses appeared messing everything up cause they weren't doing what they were suppose to do!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I don't know what you guys want on an award show!! Again (not gaga) it will be a great show. It only miss Sia IMO but otherwise... You really seems to hate everything. Do you even love music or...?

I hate music. :stir:

I don't know what you guys want on an award show!! Again (not gaga) it will be a great show. It only miss Sia IMO but otherwise... You really seems to hate everything. Do you even love music or...?

I can only speak for myself but...

I loved pop culture and all the fluff that would rise to the top of the charts. Sometime in the mid 2000's the industry changed and the music began to suck. It's not like I don't love 100's of artists, it's just that if they are in the top 100, I probably don't care for them. So, naturally, I don't like any of these people nominated at the Grammy's. Annie Lennox and Madonna are the only ones with the kind of talent I prefer so far...maybe it's an age thing but I just think pop music sucks.

I can only speak for myself but...

I loved pop culture and all the fluff that would rise to the top of the charts. Sometime in the mid 2000's the industry changed and the music began to suck. It's not like I don't love 100's of artists, it's just that if they are in the top 100, I probably don't care for them. So, naturally, I don't like any of these people nominated at the Grammy's. Annie Lennox and Madonna are the only ones with the kind of talent I prefer so far...maybe it's an age thing but I just think pop music sucks.

Yup, you're old. Happens to the best of us. I've hated mainstream pop music since the late 90s/early aughts when Britney and the rest of the teenyboppers came on the scene. Radio has been ageist and idiotic ever since. Can you believe there was ever a time when the Cranberries and Prodigy were on pop stations?

But I think that happened before it was announced they were performing?

I figured since M's own band (except the piano guy) don't seem to be involved in this performance, maybe the other U2 members might be her band, given that they have the Guy O connection. I thought they might do a mix of both of their songs, with her singing on their song, and them playing on hers...

I just threw up a little.

Jessie J and Tom Jones will destroy gaga and Tony Bennet :lmao: They will probably be doing some swingin' 60's song while "me and Tony" perform their old timey music. :rotfl:

So true. But Gaga will probably get more press.

I enjoy pop culture from the past and from today!!

and proud of it!!

jesus-dancing-o.gif

The only things I hate (nobody specific here happily) is people who loves to let you know they are AWAY of pop culture and think they have better taste than you because of that.

I enjoy music Pop, rock, indie, alternative, edm music etc. I just like to know what's hot on each genre.

I don't know what you want from pop culture, but now I'm more thant ok with that, and + it's a Madonna year so I can't ask for better

Yup, you're old. Happens to the best of us. I've hated mainstream pop music since the late 90s/early aughts when Britney and the rest of the teenyboppers came on the scene. Radio has been ageist and idiotic ever since. Can you believe there was ever a time when the Cranberries and Prodigy were on pop stations?

I remember. They were magical times! Timeless classics. I wish it could happen again. Now we have maroon 5 and Ed Sheeran... 😢😢😢😢 idk what happened. I wish I could figure it out.

Though I think there are some good pop artists today I miss to hear rock and rock/pop bands in mainstream stations/chanels like Cranberries, Cardigans, Nirvana, Offspring, Garbage. Now the only band we get to hear is Maroon 5 which is not even a real band, is Adam Levine and his musicians.

Edited by Macromad

Though I think there are some good pop artists today I miss to hear rock and rock/pop bands in mainstream stations/chanels like Cranberries, Cardigans, Nirvana, Offspring, Garbage. Now the only band we get to hear is Maroon 5 which is not even a real band, is Adam Levine and his musicians.

Yes, there are not as many bands now. But Fall Out Boy's new album is really popular. I have heard their song Centuries on the radio a lot, which samples Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner

Yeah what is up with the popularity of Maroon 5. I liked their song/video for "This Love" (mostly because he was shirtless in the video), but beyond that... :vomit:

Yeah what is up with the popularity of Maroon 5. I liked their song/video for "This Love" (mostly because he was shirtless in the video), but beyond that... :vomit:

Maroon 5 are like Adam Sandler movies - they are designed solely for cheap distribution. No real artistic merit, just hype up the cheap production and sell through some sort of distribution channel for a quick buck. Makes me sick.

I enjoy pop culture from the past and from today!!

and proud of it!!

jesus-dancing-o.gif

The only things I hate (nobody specific here happily) is people who loves to let you know they are AWAY of pop culture and think they have better taste than you because of that.

I enjoy music Pop, rock, indie, alternative, edm music etc. I just like to know what's hot on each genre.

I don't know what you want from pop culture, but now I'm more thant ok with that, and + it's a Madonna year so I can't ask for better

You mean hipsters?

Don't worry. Their taste in music is so much better than yours or mine. Madonna even made an album for them called American Life. Bless their heart.

Continue to be an unapologetic pop bitch. The world is big enough for all kinds of tastes.

i loved 'this love" and wanted to know all the lyrics and such :lmao: but after that song i couldn't stand them. so repetitive. one hit wonder to me. i also vaguely remember reading some shit he said about M year ago,, but who knows how true that was. so i'll just ignore that.

agreed

You mean hipsters?

Don't worry. Their taste in music is so much better than yours or mine. Madonna even made an album for them called American Life. Bless their heart.

Continue to be an unapologetic pop bitch. The world is big enough for all kinds of tastes.

Even more complex, my favorite album from Madonna is American life hahaha :/