Madonna at the Grammys - continued

M and Guy O might view it that way, but I think loowee is right, the critics and general public will view the standard as THE album. If I remember correctly there were a few MDNA reviews that only reviewed the standard version of the album.

Which is odd since they sent the deluxe to press (at least in the U.S.).

God I hate this digital era.

Just put out the fucking album according 2 ur vision, i don't need no 27 editions.

Buy just one edition then... And it existed before the digital era.

Guest Rachelle of London

God I hate this digital era.

Just put out the fucking album according 2 ur vision, i don't need no 27 editions.

+1

Again, to take an example from David Bowie, she's entering that era in her career and I'm afraid that 'fleecing the faithful' is now going to be a very recurrent thing, not only because of the digital era but certainly that helps because we as the hardcore fans are the 'captive market', many of whom would pick up different formats. So I am fully expecting deluxe editions, deluxe vinyls, deluxe and special limited everything from hereon out. Gone will be the days of a single record with a uniform track listing and 3 formats.

I am so looking forward to her performance at the Grammy's. Nobody puts on a better show than Madonna, and they never will.

it seems everyone are waiting just for that

Again, to take an example from David Bowie, she's entering that era in her career and I'm afraid that 'fleecing the faithful' is now going to be a very recurrent thing, not only because of the digital era but certainly that helps because we as the hardcore fans are the 'captive market', many of whom would pick up different formats. So I am fully expecting deluxe editions, deluxe vinyls, deluxe and special limited everything from hereon out. Gone will be the days of a single record with a uniform track listing and 3 formats.

But standard and deluxe editions are the norm today, even for new artists. And M has been releasing special editions since ROL. It's nothing new, just more of them now.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

There's nothing deluxe about a deluxe edition if it's considered to be the official/complete version of an album. It becomes only a marketing lingo. If the 19 tracks RH is the deluxe/official/complete album, then the "official" version becomes the Abridged Edition.

There's nothing deluxe about a deluxe edition if it's considered to be the official/complete version of an album. It becomes only a marketing lingo. If the 19 tracks RH is the deluxe/official/complete album, then the "official" version becomes the Abridged Edition.

Yep, there you go! That's exactly what it is.

What a Lackluster lineup so far:

UPDATED 1/30/15

Performers announced so far:
Madonna

Lardy Gaga and Tony Bennett
Ariana Grande
AC/DC
Ed Sheeran
Eric Church
Som Smeet
Pharrell Williams
Usher
Miranda Lambert
Common and John Legend
Maroon 5
Gwen Stefani and Adam Levine

Jessie J and Tom Jones Duet

Hozier and Anne Lenox Duet

Sia NEW

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/93727535.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz3Q6gmvtyu

Madonna

Ariana Grande

AC/DC

Ed Sheeran

Eric Church

Som Smeet

Pharrell Williams

Usher

Miranda Lambert

Common and John Legend

Maroon 5

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/93727535.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz3Q6gmvtyu

That lineup is just dreadful. And I thought last year's was bad...

I hope for my sanity that she performs first. The go to sleep and wake up with all the headline slayage that she'll be bringing!

Doesn't she stay through the ceremony if she performs first? or after she performs, whenever she does?

Good question! When she's not nominated for anything, I always picture her getting the hell out asap :lmao:

I could be wrong.

Doesn't she stay through the ceremony if she performs first? or after she performs, whenever she does?

I think she was nowhere to be seen after she opened in 2006...

Of course she will go back home after her iconic performance, the queen has no time to lose with the pop peasants and boring performances... :queenbitch:

I think she was nowhere to be seen after she opened in 2006...

Didn't she go straight to do the Ellen interview?

Madonna

Ariana Grande

AC/DC

Ed Sheeran

Eric Church

Som Smeet

Pharrell Williams

Usher

Miranda Lambert

Common and John Legend

Maroon 5

Beyonce and Sam Smith will obviously be added to the lineup. They're going to be two of the biggest winners of the night. (Edit: I really wish you people would use real names.)