Madonna at the Grammys - continued

No, not in my opinion. I bought so many cd's this years.

I don't know what do you expect from pop music beyond Madonna.

(ok a year without Madonna is really less impressive for me but still. I love music so much)

agreed, tell it like it is Yann

God no.

According to an insider from Madonna Infinite I think she will receive a career award and perform alone

if she s nominated next year then id rather she receive such an award then. to hand her a lifetime achievement award this year with no nominations just seems wrong. and honestly, i dont think she cares much about a grammy. Its just a small gold plated grammaphone on a wooden pedestal.

They used to be. The last years have just been awful. Boring performances, boring people. But I guess that happens when they nominate people that have no star quality whatsoever. No wonder people are starving for a Madonna performance.

Where are the lies?

Exactly

I don't know what people wants from the grammys. Performance of nobody just because they think they are more talented than some "commercial" acts.

All about that base

Problem

Sing

Dark horse

Fancy

And now Uptown funk

Are basically the songs that made 2014.

For me it's a great achievement, they are catchy songs and represent well the music mind in 2014. That is what I want for a show like the grammys!!

And they is always a large kind a music during the show

Last year we had performance from Beyonce, to Paul M, to Willie Nelson and Metallica. I mean...

It's not because you don't like those artist (because in your mind you are far away from that commercial culture with no flavor) that is not a good show!

You forgot one of the best song of 2014 aka. "Chandelier"! :order:

if she s nominated next year then id rather she receive such an award then. to hand her a lifetime achievement award this year with no nominations just seems wrong. and honestly, i dont think she cares much about a grammy. Its just a small gold plated grammaphone on a wooden pedestal.

I don't think the Lifetime Achievement winners are typically nominated for their current work when they receive the Lifetime Achievement (I could be wrong). And it would just show how amazing she is if she got a LA or Living Legend for her career this year, THEN won a bunch of awards for her current stuff next year. Only the Queen.

I don't think the Lifetime Achievement winners are typically nominated for their current work when they receive the Lifetime Achievement (I could be wrong). And it would just show how amazing she is if she got a LA or Living Legend for her career this year, THEN won a bunch of awards for her current stuff next year. Only the Queen.

ether way, i do, wholeheartidly, believe she is worthy of such an accolade be it this year or next.

I'm really surprised she hasn't completely ruined her feet, dancing in heels all these years

ARE HEELS that much of an issue? correct me if i'm but im assumng that if they fit properly, it should not be a hindrance. Female, dragueens and pediatrsts, please feel free to jump in.

well, i still can't get over why masterpiece was not nominated (because it was not submitted and make way for Elton John to be nominated) ??

why was it not submitted?

It was about a rule of where it plays in the movie or something like that. Nothing to do with Smelton.

That was the Oscars. I believe Masterpiece wasn't submitted for the Grammy's.

The deadline for Grammy submissions is the 30th of September. That means the album/song must be released until then. I don't know if this means that in the original score/song categories the movie has to be released or if the rule applies to the soundtrack only. I don't remember when the soundtrack was released. The movie was released around Christmas to meet the deadline for the Oscars. So this might be a deadline issue.

By the way, I have just checked the category and funny enough Madonna won for Beautiful Stranger beating two Oscar winning songs (When you believe and You'll be in my heart) and the song from the movie she was supposed to play the lead (Music of the heart). On the other hand, Sooner or Later lost to Under the sea, But technically that is not her song. It's Stephen Sondheim.

wasn't the reason because some of the song was played during credits of W.E @ the end of the movie? it was because of a stupid rule

That is the rule for the Oscars. And I still believe going against the rule by team Madonna was done by intention. She wanted to be recognized for her efforts as a filmmaker, not as a composer. I have doubts they don't know the rules. Especially when you are a control freak.

Madonna has everything to be the best performance of the evening and be the star of the Grammy.

Of course, but the list of performers is not definitive.

I'm really surprised she hasn't completely ruined her feet, dancing in heels all these years

She is a hybrid human. A demogod.