Madonna on the cover of MOJO magazine!!!!!

le smoking

For folks in the USA... where were you able to buy the magazine? My local B&N is still carrying the David Bowie issue...

No, not yet! Same here. They still have the David Bowie issue. They've had the DB issue for a long time at least three weeks. So fingers crossed maybe next week!

For folks in the USA... where were you able to buy the magazine? My local B&N is still carrying the David Bowie issue...

No, not yet! Same here. They still have the David Bowie issue. They've had the DB issue for a long time at least three weeks. So fingers crossed maybe next week!

Same here. In early January, they had U2. I checked this week (Tuesday), and they had David Bowie.

In speaking with the sales associates, I learned that the vendor who supplied B&N with their magazines went bankrupt (!) and they are scrambling to try to source all the titles they carried previously. (She explained this may be the reason I had such trouble finding an Interview magazine -- never did get one.) The same vendor supplies WalMart and our largest local grocery chain.

It's really sad -- I miss Borders, and there are no little newsstands any more. I literally can't find these magazines the last couple times she has been on covers. I guess the "V" with Katy Perry was the only one recently -- no L'Uomo Vogue, no Interview, and now no Mojo. Also, I asked about Billboard while I was there on Tuesday -- the kid I was talking to asked me what kind of magazine that was. I had to tell him it was a music mag. :mellow:

Yes, Barnes and Noble is a little slow and terrible when it comes to international magazines. Luckily, I live right near this independent magazine store that has tons of art and international magazines, but it does take a little time for them to get things from Europe usually a month after they come out. In DC here, there are a lot of embassies and people from foreign countries so there is quite a high demand for international publications. I'm sure they will have MOJO in the next one or two weeks.

Hi everyone!

I bought the special edition with the different cover as soon as it got on sale. I received a message last February 4, where was told that the magazine was on way. Has anyone received the special edition of the magazine at home? I have not received anything yet. I am from Spain. Greetings!!

If it's at the B&N down the road from me, then I'd suspect it's at all the others in the country

where are you in NJ? Im heading there this weekend... might as well go to one that will have it in stock!

where are you in NJ? Im heading there this weekend... might as well go to one that will have it in stock!

I'm down near Philly. Marlton has it. As does Cherry Hill

Hi everyone!
I bought the special edition with the different cover as soon as it got on sale. I received a message last February 4, where was told that the magazine was on way. Has anyone received the special edition of the magazine at home? I have not received anything yet. I am from Spain. Greetings!!

I received my subscriber's edition by post on Monday. I also got the regular version from the store, couldn't resist having both of these amazing covers :)

Anyway, this interview and the whole overview of her producers and significant songs is one of the best ever. Too bad that RH ended up with 3-star review in the next issue of Mojo.

So in the new issue someone predictably complained in the letters page about Madonna being on the cover and said her music was lame and she shouldn't be in Mojo. :rolleyes: Sadly there were no other letters, I was hoping for someone to say something positive. :(

It's driving me nuts that I can't find this. My usual newsstand went right from the David Bowie issue to the current issue skipping over the Madonna issue entirely. The bookstores I've been to still have the David Bowie issue. I'm still hesitating and anticipating, waiting and wishing!

I finally had success finding this! I had to go to two Barnes and Nobles to get it but finally! It was worth it because not only was the article great but it also had a interview with Sleater-Kinney!

I finally got mine too (on Friday). I was walking toward the magazine section and could see it from space. Yep that's my girl.

I ended up buying the newsstand version at Barnes and Noble because my special edition issue was destroyed on in transit. :cries: They're supposedly sending me a new one, although I don't have very high hopes for it unless they ship it in more than just a plastic bag. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

In the letters page of the new issue someone complained about the previous readers slagging her off and someone said they ought to be ashamed of themselves after publishing that Rebel Heart review and they would never buy the magazine again. :lmao:

In the letters page of the new issue someone complained about the previous readers slagging her off and someone said they ought to be ashamed of themselves after publishing that Rebel Heart review and they would never buy the magazine again. :lmao:

What????!!!!