Madonna on the cover of MOJO magazine!!!!!

le smoking

Here are some scans I found. They are still a little hard to read, but a little better than the others. Seems like a great interview. Seems like a great interview. I love her interviews. She's very funny, open and honest. The quote about her playing her guitar in front of Walmart saying buy my record is so funny.

I also like how she talks about the communal thing of dancing to the beat and how drums are ancient and have been around since the evolution of man. She's still a drummer at heart. She has that fun physically active attitude that most drummers have. She likes her music loud!

Thanks Glinda!

"I like people who think outside the box ‘cos they take a song I’ve written that’s quite straightforward and pop and deconstruct it. Rip it apart and turn it into something else.”

- Madonna, explaining why all of Avicii's production has been removed from her songs.

I like the bit where the producers talk about her.

Poor rubbish Martin Solveig. He basically admits that a lot of his MDNA production was crappy by Madonna's standards and that to her the album was very much about promoting the tour than anything else. Oh WELL!

It's such a shame because IDA, BK, TUTR, and B-Day Song are the worthy songs on MDNA.

"I like people who think outside the box ‘cos they take a song I’ve written that’s quite straightforward and pop and deconstruct it. Rip it apart and turn it into something else.”

- Madonna, explaining why all of Avicii's production has been removed from her songs.

The way I read it, she was only referring to just Illuminati and Wash all over me.

Solveig is right about one thing, M does have a very British sense of humour. :madgemanson:

Appalled to learn that Kanye has got his hands on Wash All Over Me :mellow:

Great interview, thanks for the scans, Glinda.

this worries me

well I like that version way more as well and was wondering the same.. i kind of want her to play the more house-y version on the grammys. and why would she choose the more edm version if she prefers the other? maybe we got a radio edit after all.

So she prefers the deep house version of LFL. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with Diplo saying that "the album version is strong". Will the leaked version end up on the album?

and yes I do think the leaked demo version has stronger potential than the final mix. They just need to beef up the production a lil bit.

Maybe they wanted to avoid comparisons with Kiesza's Hideaway? Although they could've fixed that by changing the last seconds of the choruses just a little, like they did on the final version

well I like that version way more as well and was wondering the same.. i kind of want her to play the more house-y version on the grammys. and why would she choose the more edm version if she prefers the other? maybe we got a radio edit after all.

yes

an extended version would be nice

Hard Candy "generic"...? Completely skipping over the incredibly layered, rich and confessional work of Erotica and Bedtime Stories?

Fuck that.

(Mind you, these are not her words, but the writer of the article. I'm getting sick and tired of these articles that are supposed to focus on the music always skipping over the early to mid 90s work and just using the word 'controversial'. They're always missing out on one of the most complex, rich and confessional sections in Madonna's body of work so they can, of course, jump to Ray of Light. Sorry, but I'm sick of it.)

Is it possible that the version that was released IS the house version (just less house-y than the demo that leaked) and there's a more EDM version? Because if I hadn't heard the demo, I would say LFL is pretty house-y.

And regarding Avicii, I doubt anything bad happened between him and M. It's more likely that when he got sick she started moving in a different direction musically and it's obvious his tracks wouldn't have fit with the new sound.