Madonna on the cover of MOJO magazine!!!!!

le smoking

Phil Alexander, MOJO’s Editor-In-Chief, commented:

"Madonna is the biggest-selling female artist of all-time and yet few people have actually sat down and talked to her about the thing that excites her most – her music. THIS :clap::clap::clap:

At MOJO we’ve done just that in a piece that genuinely reveals how she works and what drives her. We hope MOJO’s cover story presents a unique view of one of modern music’s most iconic performers.

The cover story is made of a 13-page spread including a worldwide exclusive interview conducted last month in New York City, covering Madonna’s career from her early days in New York City circa 1982 to her 13th studio album which features collaborators such as Kanye West and Diplo.

:dramatic::drama::drama:

Guest ditaluver

awesome! Thanks for posting! So the 14 tracks from the Madonna New York scene I guess it's going to be her playlist she listened to? I can't wait to read this

awesome! Thanks for posting! So the 14 tracks from the Madonna New York scene I guess it's going to be her playlist she listened to? I can't wait to read this

"The new MOJO also features a free CD, Change The Beat, showcasing influential punk-funk and alt-disco sounds from Madonna’s emergence – including Arthur Russell, ESG, 23 Skidoo, Curtis Mayfield, Funkadelic and more."

Guest ditaluver

"The new MOJO also features a free CD, Change The Beat, showcasing influential punk-funk and alt-disco sounds from Madonna’s emergence – including Arthur Russell, ESG, 23 Skidoo, Curtis Mayfield, Funkadelic and more."

NICE! Thanks!!!!!! \

WOOO

MOJO-Madonna-subs-cover-crop-770.jpg?2cf

IN THE LATEST ISSUE of MOJO magazine, available in the UK and online from Tuesday, January 27, Madonna speaks candidly about the musical choices and lyrical confessions that have driven her from Michigan misfit to global superstar via the musical melting pot of New York in the late-’70s/early-’80s.

MOJO-256-Madonna-cover-newsstand.jpg?2cfMOJO Madonna: the newsstand cover. On sale from Tuesday, January 27.

“All my friends were DJs so I wanted my records to sound like what I wanted to dance to,” says Madonna of her musical baby steps. “I would go to clubs and I would listen to what would make me dance. And then I would go back and I would work on my music. I mean, I was influenced by Debbie Harry, Talking Heads, The B-52’s. So to me the line was very blurred between what I was working on and what I was dancing to.”

Madonna also holds forth about drugs, religion, free music in the digital age – her position very different from that of recent MOJO cover stars U2 with whom she shares manager Guy Oseary – and her latest studio album, her 13th, entitled Rebel Heart. But again and again she returns to her passion for music and its atavistic power.

“Just the feeling of the tribal, the community,” she tells MOJO’s Tom Doyle. “Y’know, people coming together in a room. That bass booming, people dancing, moving in unison. There’s something really primal about it and inexplicable. I think it’s in our nature to want to do that. To want to join together and move to a beat.”

MOJO-256-Madonna-cover-subs.jpg?2cf8b9MOJO Madonna: the Special Subscribers’ Cover. Also available to purchase online.

It’s the first time Madonna has been on the cover of MOJO magazine, an occasion prompting two editions: a news-stand version and a Special Subscribers’ Issue with exclusive artwork overseen by Madonna herself. An extra 500 subscriber issues are available to purchase online.

The new MOJO also features a free CD, Change The Beat, showcasing influential punk-funk and alt-disco sounds from Madonna’s emergence – including Arthur Russell, ESG, 23 Skidoo, Curtis Mayfield, Funkadelic and more.

With Bob Dylan’s new Sinatra covers album reviewed elsewhere in the issue, we also present an in-depth celebration of Bob’s 20 best cover versions. Then there’s Ronnie Spector on breaking free from Phil; David Johansen on punk, junk and The New York Dolls; Sleater-Kinney, The Go-Betweens, Hozier and The Exploited.

For more about the new MOJO, go here…

Or skip straight to ordering one of those Limited Edition Madge-art issues…

Madonna portrait: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Shirt: Thom Browne
Waistcoat: Prada
Tie: Giorgio Armani
Jewellery: Lynn Ban