REBEL HEART album credits. Madonna produced Hold Tight by herself?

If you get Tidal HiFi (the new streaming service they are promoting with Jay Z) you can see the track info for each track and it shows your the composer and writers for all the songs

Could you please share that information here??

FROM TIDAL HIFI

Living For Love

Composer: Maureen McDonald, Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid, Uzoechi Emenike

Lyricist: Maureen McDonald, Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid, Uzoechi Emenike

Devil Pray

Composer: Tim Bergling, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha, Carl Falk, Madonna

Lyricist: Tim Bergling, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha, Carl Falk, Madonna

Ghosttown

Composer: Jason Evigan, Madonna, Evan Bogart, Sean Douglas

Lyricist: Jason Evigan, Madonna, Evan Bogart, Sean Douglas

Unapologetic Bitch

Composer: Maureen McDonald, Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid

Lyricist: Maureen McDonald, Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid

Illuminati

Composer: Madonna, Toby Gad, Mike Dean, Larry Griffin Jr, Maureen McDonald

Lyricist: Madonna, Toby Gad, Mike Dean, Larry Griffin Jr, Maureen McDonald

Bitch I'm Madonna

Composer: Maureen McDonald, Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid, Onika Maraj

Lyricist: Maureen McDonald, Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid, Onika Maraj

Hold Tight

Composer: Uzoechi Emenike, Maureen McDonald, Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid

Lyricist: Maureen McDonald, Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid, Uzoechi Emenike

Joan of Arc

Composer: Madonna, Maureen McDonald, Toby Gad, Larry Griffin Jr

Lyricist: Madonna, Maureen McDonald, Toby Gad, Lary Griffin Jr

Iconic

Composer: Madonna, Maureen McDonald, Michael Tucker, Chancelor Bennet, Dacoury Natcher, Larry Griffin Jr, Toby Gad

Lyricist: Madonna, Maureen McDonald, Michael Tucker, Chancelor Bennet, Dacoury Natcher, Larry Griffin Jr, Toby Gad

HeartBreakCity

Composer: Tim Bergling, Arash Pournouri, Tobias Jimson, Paloma Stoecker, Madonna

Lyricist: Tim Bergling, Arash Pournouri, Tobias Jimson, Paloma Stoecker, Madonna

Body Shop

Composer: Madonna, Maureen McDonald, Michael Tucker, Toby Gad, Larry Griffin Jr, Dacoury Natcher

Lyricist: Madonna, Maureen McDonald, Michael Tucker, Toby Gad, Larry Griffin Jr, Dacoury Natcher

Holy Water

Composer: Martin Kierszenbaum, Natalia Kills, Mike Dean, Madonna

Lyricist: Martin Kierszenbaum, Natalia Kills, Mike Dean, Madonna

Inside Out

Composer: Jason Evigan, Madonna, Mike Dean

Lyricist: Jason Evigan, Madonna, Mike Dean

Wash All Over Me

Composer: Mike Dean, Magnus Lidehäll, Tim Bergling, Arash Pournouri, Madonna

Lyricist: Mike Dean, Magnus Lidehäll, Tim Bergling, Arash Pournouri, Madonna

Best Night

Composer: Madonna, Toby Gad, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Ariel Rechtshaid, Maureen McDonald

Lyricist: Madonna, Toby Gad, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Ariel Rechtshaid, Maureen McDonald

Veni Vidi Vici

Composer: Madonna, Toby Gad, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Ariel Rechtshaid, Maureen McDonald, Nasir Jones

Lyricist: Madonna, Toby Gad, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Ariel Rechtshaid, Maureen McDonald, Nasir Jones

S.E.X

Composer: Madonna, Toby Gad, Mike Dean, Larry Griffin Jr, Maureen McDonald

Lyricist: Madonna, Toby Gad, Mike Dean, Larry Griffin Jr, Maureen McDonald

Messiah

Composer: Madonna, Tim Bergling, Magnus Lidehäll, Arash Pournouri

Lyricist: Madonna, Tim Bergling, Magnus Lidehäll, Arash Pournouri

Rebel Heart

Composer: Madonna, Tim Bergling, Magnus Lidehäll, Arash Pournouri

Lyricist: Madonna, Tim Bergling, Magnus Lidehäll, Arash Pournouri

Maureen McDonald = MoZella

Tim Bergling = Avicii

Thomas Wesley Pentz = Diplo

Larry Griffin Jr = Symbolyc One

Uzoechi Emenike = MNEK

Michael Tucker = Blood Diamonds

Dacoury Natcher = DJ Daji

Nasir Jones = Nas

Onika Maraj = Nicki Minaj

Chancelor Bennet = Chance The Rapper

Paloma Stoecker = Delilah

Aren't the composers the producers?

I think the difference is that the writers obviously write the words to the song and the composers 'compose' the melody, harmony and rhythm.

Oh for god sake!! I just want to know who's produced what??! Every song looks like it was written by millions of people?! Are they names written in any kind of order of who did what?

Also usually M just puts her name first even if she's had the least input in the writing or producing, whereas in these credits she's first second or last?!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Oh for god sake!! I just want to know who's produced what??! Every song looks like it was written by millions of people?! Are they names written in any kind of order of who did what?

Also usually M just puts her name first even if she's had the least input in the writing or producing, whereas in these credits she's first second or last?!

Oh calm the fuck down, we have the credit for the people who did the actual work of creating these songs, you dismissing all that is frankly annoying. You'll know who produced the songs soon enough.

The composers and lyricists are the same according to that list. I can't imagine it would take a half dozen people to come up with lyrics for Madonna's songs :lol: I think they just put them all under both categories cuz they info they got wasn't specific. It never is. The only liner notes that I've seen specify who wrote lyrics and melody is Lana Del Rey's Paradise and Ultraviolence albums.

I think Madonna is, as usual, in charge of the words (except in cases like Girl Gone Wild or Revolver when she's basically just handed the song and she changes minor things), has direction over the melody, and co-produces.

The rest of those people I'm sure came up with the skeleton of the songs but yeah… Madonna's not about to share publishing with 50 other people per song.

One thing that makes me wonder if they're really going to try and get a hit out of this record is the fact that it all looks so EXPENSIVE. Look at the A-list people she worked with!!! Diplo, Ariel Reitshad, Kanyego, Toby Gad, Mozella. The best songwriters in the industry in my opinion. Madonna's not interested in blowing all that money without some returns.

Fingers crost for Ghosttown then. Madonna did a perf on that ridic award show with Toilet, whored herself out to Tom Coleman and Elvis Duran. Let's get RESULTS! :queenbitch:

Ghosttown

Composer: Jason Evigan, Madonna, Evan Bogart, Sean Douglas

Lyricist: Jason Evigan, Madonna, Evan Bogart, Sean Douglas

Best Night

Composer: Madonna, Toby Gad, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Ariel Rechtshaid, Maureen McDonald

Lyricist: Madonna, Toby Gad, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Ariel Rechtshaid, Maureen McDonald

She needs to collaborate with these people more on her next album

You guys wanted the credits. Well there they are.

Thank you for posting. This is getting into nerd territory but... does the order in which the composer or lyricist appear mean that they had more or less influence in the product? I say this because in HBC and WAOM Madonna appears last. I'd say those are two of the most obvious Madonna songs on the album.

Thank you for posting. This is getting into nerd territory but... does the order in which the composer or lyricist appear mean that they had more or less influence in the product? I say this because in HBC and WAOM Madonna appears last. I'd say those are two of the most obvious Madonna songs on the album.

No, it doesn't have any influence.

Note that Madonna is credited first on songs like "Don't Tell Me," "Girl Gone Wild" and "Nothing Fails." And these are songs we know for sure did not start as original M compositions.

that credit list makes no sense. I can't picture Madonna working with 5 people writing LYRICS. What happened, did they play a game and one started a sentence and the other finished it?

I just don`t know why in the last 5 years everything changed and now a song has to be composed by 10 people. Maybe now there's some kind of new law that means that if a person is in a room when a song is written, his name has to be there? Because I sincerely doubt that ICONIC lyrics were written by any other but Madonna, she can write lyrics like Iconic in a minute while she cooks breakfast.

^It's been that way since Hard Candy. It's just how it is now with Madonna. It could still happen with the subsequent albums but for now long gone are the days where it's just her and her producer working solely together on an album - American Life and COAD being the best example of this.

You're either credited as the writer and/or producer.

If you come up with JUST the melody of a song then you're still credited as the 'writer' which gets confusing. Beyonce didn't write Irreplaceable, Ne-Yo did but Beyonce contributed to the vocal harmonies which is why she gets a songwriting credit. I'm sure Madonna still contributes to most of the writing so it's nothing to worry about.

Apparently there used to be a secret official list somewhere that broke down what percentage of a song Madonna actually contributed. The percentage represented how much of the royalty Madonna gets paid for each song.

You can find them here on the Warner Chappell database: http://www.warnerchappell.com/composer-songs/MADONNA+%28CA%29

For instance, she gets 10% for "Justify My Love" but she's no longer credited as an additional lyricist to "Papa Don't Preach".

I just don`t know why in the last 5 years everything changed and now a song has to be composed by 10 people.

+1

freddie_vs._beyonce.jpg

that credit list makes no sense. I can't picture Madonna working with 5 people writing LYRICS. What happened, did they play a game and one started a sentence and the other finished it?

It's cut throat

If you add any additional lyric, you get a credit

You add a structure to the melody, you get a credit.

It's been like this since the beginning of time, Morris Levy was an industry executive in the 1950s who attached his name to countless songs without any musical contribution, all to just cash in on the song.

Thanks for the credits! I believe they match what Tribe posted a few weeks back with Nicki Minaj correctly added for Bitch I'm Madonna (still incorrect on ASCAP).

Iconic has 6 co-writers, matches Love Spent and one less than the 7 co-writers of Gang Bang, I think that's the all-time record for a Madonna song.

You can find them here on the Warner Chappell database: http://www.warnerchappell.com/composer-songs/MADONNA+%28CA%29

For instance, she gets 10% for "Justify My Love" but she's no longer credited as an additional lyricist to "Papa Don't Preach".

Wow first time I see this!!!! but I can't find the percentages!

You have to look for the administrator's share at the bottom of the songs' pages. If M's publishing company (WB Music Corp) is the only one with a Y, then it gives you the % of royalties she earns on each song :)

I thought m's share would be attributed to webo girl.

But did you notice that the writers are different than listed on tidal and elsewhere - eg inside out lists Sean douglas.

Actually there seems to be lots of differences and multiple entries, so I might not trust that database.