REBEL HEART album credits. Madonna produced Hold Tight by herself?

There's no way she solo produced Hold Tight? If she had would've she have a made a huge fuss about it? I think it's a typo.

Some of these production credits seem to be a compromise, like Avicii in Wash All Over Me (or Orbit in Masterpiece, he didn't even co-write the song, nor he played any of the instruments in that one), but it's likely that nobody else's input was notable enough in Hold Tight to warrant a credit (just like how Diplo is not a producer of Auto-Tune Baby).

Who da fuk is this Demo guy and did people know previously he was one of the mixers of this album? I love the album obviously, but it really is too bad there are some very obvious mixing issues on several tracks.

Finally full credits!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is Mike Dean a protege to Kanye?????

No, I wouldn't call him that. In fact, he's an established hip hip producer, who has also worked with artists such as Nate Dogg, Tech N9ne, UGK and 2Pac.

Apart from that, Mike Dean mixed, co-written and co-produced most of Kanye's songs throughout his career. He also plays keyboards and guitar in Kanye's live band.

Who da fuk is this Demo guy and did people know previously he was one of the mixers of this album? I love the album obviously, but it really is too bad there are some very obvious mixing issues on several tracks.

Demo = Nelly Furtado's husband.

He mixed the entire MDNA album and the Timbaland tracks on Hard Candy. He also co-produced Gang Bang, I'm Addicted and Best Friend. He's a very poor mixer, IMO.

Finally full credits!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

No, I wouldn't call him that. In fact, he's an established hip hip producer, who has also worked with artists such as Nate Dogg, Tech N9ne, UGK and 2Pac.

Apart from that, Mike Dean mixed, co-written and co-produced most of Kanye's songs throughout his career. He also plays keyboards and guitar in Kanye's live band.

Ah ok. I found it odd for all the articles to refer to Kanye as the producer on Inside Out, when here it was Mike Dean.

Looks like Swanson is Djemba Djemba while Napier might be James Napier, who wrote with Disclosure & Sam Smith.

Yeh, that sounds just about right. :) Djemba Djemba's real name is Andrew Swanson.

Philip Meckseper, who co-wrote "Hold Tight", is better known as Junior Blender. He is usually one half of the German production duo So Shifty.

He also co-wrote Major Lazer's recent hit single "Lean On".

Yes I don't get Unapologetic Bitch either.

I want to make a poll about what producer was the highlight of the album, but these credits are so discombobulated to even put one together

Yay! I'm happy the credits have finally been revealed. Definitely some shockers, like Hold Tight and Autotune Baby.

Demo was better on this album than the last two, but he still really sucks. He really needed to go away and stop butchering Madonna's music.

I really don't know what any of you are talking about. I have no problems with the production on any track. I mean LFL has a few glitches but most people wouldn't notice and it doesn't take away from the songs greatness. And the vocal error in HBC is now familiar that I even sing it in the shower. I wouldn't change anything.

I do note a tendency for anyone who produced to also get songwriter credit, which is kinda new. She used to be much stricter on that.

There was an article during the release of the album (I forget where, it's on M infinity) that cited Kanye as a producer for Autotuned Baby. So I had a feeling it might have been true.

But yeah I guess that Ryan Tedder thing was fake. He did say he was working on the album, so I guess fans assumed that was his track??

Seems fishy... Even the official press release stated that Ryan Tedder was among the co-producers. :popcorn2:

I'm so surprised that Diplo didn't produce UB. Madonna producing Hold Tight by herself is pretty neat :D

But he did! Unapologetic Bitch was produced by Madonna, Shelco & Teenwolf, Diplo and Ariel Rechtshaid. :)

But he did! Unapologetic Bitch was produced by Madonna, Shelco & Teenwolf, Diplo and Ariel Rechtshaid. :)

OHHH. On the website I only saw Madonna, Shelco Garcia & Teenwolf for Mixmash and didn't realise the rest of the producers were listed on the next line :D

Philip Meckseper, who co-wrote "Hold Tight", is better known as Junior Blender. He is usually one half of the German production duo So Shifty.

He also co-wrote Major Lazer's recent hit single "Lean On".

And I believe he was not a co-producer there either. Just like how Djemba Djemba got a co-writer credit only for Best Night. I guess not every songwriter becomes a producer on a Madonna song automatically now, even though they most likely contributed to the music. And yet despite the reworks, the Avicii entourage gets a lot of producer credit. So I guess it works like that.

As for Ryan Tedder, it is still possible that he co-produced Queen which was dropped in the end but it might have been part of the plan to release it when that press release was issued. It's the reviews that said Hold Tight was produced by Ryan Tedder, maybe everyone assumed since it sounds like his recent tracks? :D

And I believe he was not a co-producer there either. Just like how Djemba Djemba got a co-writer credit only for Best Night. I guess not every songwriter becomes a producer on a Madonna song automatically now, even though they most likely contributed to the music. And yet despite the reworks, the Avicii entourage gets a lot of producer credit. So I guess it works like that.

As for Ryan Tedder, it is still possible that he co-produced Queen which was dropped in the end but it might have been part of the plan to release it when that press release was issued. It's the reviews that said Hold Tight was produced by Ryan Tedder, maybe everyone assumed since it sounds like his recent tracks? :D

Queen was produced by The-Dream

Queen was produced by The-Dream

That is not actuall confirmed, just based on his co-writer credit. Mike Dean also co-wrote the track, he is also likely to be a producer of it. Both Ghosttown & Queen sound Ryan Tedder-ish so it's still possible he gave a hand to Queen...

Yeah i dont see madonna producing Hold Tight alone - seems very strange to me. Not that i dont think she could, but just that i dont think she's ever wanted to be a lone producer. she's all about collaboration.

What i found really interesting about hold tight was this:

Additional recording in The Ritz (Moscow), Grand Marina Hotel (Barcelona), Patriot Studios (Denver, CO/Venice, CA)

Why all these extra weird locations? Made me wonder if the initial demo was Madonna's and was recorded while on tour or something?

There's no way she solo produced Hold Tight? If she had would've she have a made a huge fuss about it? I think it's a typo.

a huge fuss? she's not gaga or a teen pop girl. she's also a songwriter and rarely mentions that or lets her people put a lot of emphasis on it when she's doing interviews or they do the pr.

Yeah i dont see madonna producing Hold Tight alone - seems very strange to me. Not that i dont think she could, but just that i dont think she's ever wanted to be a lone producer. she's all about collaboration.

What i found really interesting about hold tight was this:

Additional recording in The Ritz (Moscow), Grand Marina Hotel (Barcelona), Patriot Studios (Denver, CO/Venice, CA)

Why all these extra weird locations? Made me wonder if the initial demo was Madonna's and was recorded while on tour or something?

This kind of scattered, helter-skelter approach to song production makes me think back to the days where an entire album (not just a song) could be recorded in 1-2 days. Granted this was decades ago *lol* But they'd book the studio time, get a band together, come up with the songs right on the spot there sometimes, and lay down all the tracks in just a few takes, at a budget of just a few grand, not millions. Obviously, at artist like Madonna isn't capable of such simplicity - I don't think anyone is anymore. But just some food for thought :p

"Axwell wrote the track for 'Rain On Me'. All these guys who write music tracks consider themselves to be producers but I do not. They do have a certain skill, but I don't consider what they do to be real production. Sometimes they make these Frankenstein cut-and-pastes, and once you introduce a real singer, it becomes flat; there's nothing left in the track for them to latch on to. You might as well not have the voice there. The problem with some of these producers who write and program and mix is that they get so tied into their gadgets, and don't think about what a real record sounds like anymore."

-- from "Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir"

The multiple songwriters is mind boggling. Does it really take 9 producers to pen the lyrics? Or did some of the producers write the music and that counts as a songwriting credit?

No joke, I'm seriously asking this. It used to sound much simpler then to produce and write a pop song.