REBEL HEART album credits. Madonna produced Hold Tight by herself?

Songwriting credits as posted by MadonnaTribe via Instagram

Living for Love

Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Maureen McDonald, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid & Uzoechi Emenike

Devil Pray

Madonna, Tim Bergling, Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub & Savan Kotecha

Ghosttown

Madonna, Jason Evigan, Sean Douglas & Evan Bogart

Unapologetic Bitch

Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Ariel Rechtshaid, Maureen McDonald & Toby Gad

Illuminati

Madonna, Toby Gad, Maureen McDonald, Larry Griffin Jr. & Mike Dean

Bitch I'm Madonna

Hold Tight
Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Maureen McDonald, Toby Gad, Ariel Rechtshaid & Uzoechi Emenike

Joan of Arc

Madonna, Toby Gad, Maureen McDonald & Larry Griffin Jr.

Iconic

Madonna, Toby Gad, Maureen McDonald, Larry Griffin Jr., Chancelor Bennett, Dacoury Natche & Michael Tucker

HeartBreakCity

Madonna, Tim Bergling, Tobias Jimson, Arash Pournouri & Paloma Stoecker

Body Shop

Madonna, Toby Gad, Maureen McDonald, Larry Griffin Jr., Dacoury Natche & Michael Tucker

Holy Water

Madonna, Martin Kierszenbaum, Natalia Cappuccini & Mike Dean

Inside Out

Madonna, Jason Evigan & Mike Dean

Wash All Over Me

Madonna, Tim Bergling, Mike Dean, Arash Pournouri & Magnus Lidehäll

Best Night

Veni Vidi Vici

S.E.X.

Madonna, Toby Gad, Maureen McDonald, Larry Griffin Jr. & Mike Dean

Messiah

Madonna, Tim Bergling, Arash Pournouri & Magnus Lidehäll

Rebel Heart

Madonna, Tim Bergling, Arash Pournouri & Magnus Lidehäll

Thomas Wesley Pentz = Diplo

Maureen McDonald = MoZella

Uzoechi Emenike = MNEK

Tim Bergling = Avicii

Larry Griffin Jr. = Symbolyc One

Chancelor Bennett = Chance The Rapper

Dacoury Natche = DJ Dahi

Michael Tucker = Blood Diamonds

Paloma Stoecker = Delilah

Natalia Cappuccini = Natalia Kills

To be updated...

Guest ziggy

Thanks. Quite a few women there, considering that her board of producers and cowriters has usually been a boy's club. I do wonder why Nicki Minaj's name is not mentioned. Didn't she pen her own share of BIM?

Edited by ziggy

So, we now have - supposedly accurate - songwriting credits for all 19 songs on the Deluxe Edition.

For some reason, the credits for many songs don't match the credits submitted to ASCAP.

Thanks for that Msig! I guess most of them are correct, though Warner Chappell does include Douglas & Bogart for Inside Out as well. It is possible ASCAP will have several versions registered (they have that for Human Nature & B-day Song if I recall well), because it seems DJ Dahi & Blood Diamonds got credit for Iconic & Body Shop later on. But they did not get credit for Devil Pray while there were two guys I posted earlier who were mentioned for Iconic instead of DJ Dahi & Blood Diamonds...

Billboard, Kanye West & Ryan Tedder did not receive any co-writing credit, which is surprising because I think the only time a producer did not get a writer credit was Nellee Hooper in 1994 and William Orbit in 1998 and supposedly this was the reason why the latter replaced the former for Ray Of Light since he agreed to that!

HavenHigh, on 07 Mar 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

Billboard, Kanye West & Ryan Tedder did not receive any co-writing credit, which is surprising because I think the only time a producer did not get a writer credit was Nellee Hooper in 1994 and William Orbit in 1998 and supposedly this was the reason why the latter replaced the former for Ray Of Light since he agreed to that!

What about the following:

Mark Kamins

Reggie Lucas (all of the Madonna-penned tracks on "Madonna" other than "Everybody")

Jellybean Benitez ("Holiday", "Crazy For You" and "Gambler")

Nile Rodgers (every track on "Like A Virgin")

HavenHigh, on 07 Mar 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

What about the following:

Mark Kamins

Reggie Lucas (all of the Madonna-penned tracks on "Madonna" other than "Everybody")

Jellybean Benitez ("Holiday", "Crazy For You" and "Gambler")

Nile Rodgers (every track on "Like A Virgin")

Ah yes I forgot about the early years, I was only thinking that it hadn't happened post-1998! Except a few cases like Nothing Fails or Easy Ride on American Life where Mirwais didn't get a writer credit. Same for William Orbit with Masterpiece (though he didn't even play the instruments for that one).

Producers getting a writing credit is a fairly new practice, if I'm not mistaken.

That's right.

Rock music has traditionally always distinguished between songwriters and producers.

For instance, apart from the No Line on the Horizon album, none of U2's producers have ever been credited as co-writers.

However, in hip hop and electronic music, the product is often the person who makes the beats or instrumental on which the composition in based.

Well the best production job was done by Blood Diamonds and DJ Dahi. I wont object on them producing the whole of the next album. Are they the new Stuart Price?

Apparently Rami Yacoub, who co-wrote Devil Pray, used to be Max Martin's right hand during the early Britney years and is responsible for a lot of One Direction songs, plus Nicki Minaj's Starships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rami_Yacoub

Savan Kotecha, the other co-writer also did those One Direction songs, plus Britney's If U Seek Amy, I Wanna Go & Christina's Your Body. :drama:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savan_Kotecha

Blood Diamonds wrote in an IG post that he and DJ Dahi co-produced 5 songs on the album.

We know that they worked on Devil Pray, Iconic and Body Shop. Which are the others? S.E.X.?

Blood Diamonds wrote in an IG post that he and DJ Dahi co-produced 5 songs on the album.

We know that they worked on Devil Pray, Iconic and Body Shop. Which are the others? S.E.X.?

I guess Beautiful Scars & Best Night? S.E.X. is supposedly a Kanye track. Will Madonna.com update at all?

Kanye did s.e.x too, dahi & blood diamonds did devil pray, body shop, messiah, beautiful scars & borrowed time!!!

Would be nice to have these confirmed finally. It's only been word of mouth that Ryan Tedder did Hold Tight & Kanye reworked Wash All Over Me but no official sources...

Iconic was almost surely done by Toby Gad, Josh Cumbee & AFSHeeN.

Would be nice to have these confirmed finally. It's only been word of mouth that Ryan Tedder did Hold Tight & Kanye reworked Wash All Over Me but no official sources...

Iconic was almost surely done by Toby Gad, Josh Cumbee & AFSHeeN.

Kanye's involvement in "Wash All Over Me" was confirmed in the MOJO interview :)

It's very weird to have not include the credits for the writers and producers, I would have thought they would be quite pissed off not having their work credited. I would have also thought it was a legal requirement to include this is. I cannot understand why it's been omitted???