REBEL HEART album credits. Madonna produced Hold Tight by herself?

I've noticed on tidal that past albums do include producer info, it's just rebel heart that doesn't, so it looks like their not telling anyone who produced what. Maybe they can't remember?

I just don`t know why in the last 5 years everything changed and now a song has to be composed by 10 people. Maybe now there's some kind of new law that means that if a person is in a room when a song is written, his name has to be there? Because I sincerely doubt that ICONIC lyrics were written by any other but Madonna, she can write lyrics like Iconic in a minute while she cooks breakfast.

If Madonna chose to,she could easily write an entire album (the lyrics) all by herself.I think she prefers to collaborate with others,though.I have to admit,it is crazy seeing a ton of people listed as the writers for one song,lol.

Guest ziggy

I am in love with the Warner database. Thank you ever so much for linking it here. So many juicy tidbits for a Magda nerd. It's my goldmine.

So these are the tunes solely credited to her:

Burning Up

Everybody

The Funny Song

Hey You

I Know It

Lucky Star

Shoo-Bee-Doo

Also worth noting she/WB is getting credit (and profits?) for five per cent of Me Against the Music, and 33.34 per cent of Girl Gone Wild, even though all she did on that song was replace the word tequila with tanqueray :lmao:

Edited by ziggy

I am in love with the Warner database. Thank you ever so much for linking it here. So many juicy tidbits for a Magda nerd. It's my goldmine.

So these are the tunes solely credited to her:

Burning Up

Everybody

The Funny Song

Hey You

I Know It

Lucky Star

Shoo-Bee-Doo

Also worth noting she/WB is getting credit (and profits?) for five per cent of Me Against the Music, and 33.34 per cent of Girl Gone Wild, even though all she did on that song was replace the word tequila with tanqueray :lmao:

Actually she did way more on GGW according to Benassi, but less to do with lyrics and more to do with the acfual music itself apparently. He was scant on details

Guest ziggy

Actually she did way more on GGW according to Benassi, but less to do with lyrics and more to do with the acfual music itself apparently. He was scant on details

You've heard the demo, right? It's practically identical to Magda's version.

You've heard the demo, right? It's practically identical to Magda's version.

I'm probably wrong but it was reported by DrownedMadonna very early in the era that because Madonna was so pre-occupied with other ventures like W.E. and Material Girl, a lot of the first versions of the songs were recorded as demos by other singers. I think Madonna was physically unable to be in the studio for MDNA's early recording sessions due to her schedule.

Remember that Some Girls demo sung by that unknown artist? My first thought was 'oh M just re-tweaked a bit of the lyrics and slapped her name on it ' but M has 1/3 share of royalties and this unknown artist was not credited as a writer. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Falling Free demo sung by Laurie Mayer who co-write that track and is close friends with WO.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though it's not very clear, I think Madonna was involved with the MDNA songs on a significant level from the start but she just wasn't available to record her vocals until the song neared its final stages of production.

Guest ziggy

I'm probably wrong but it was reported by DrownedMadonna very early in the era that because Madonna was so pre-occupied with other ventures like W.E. and Material Girl, a lot of the first versions of the songs were recorded as demos by other singers. I think Madonna was physically unable to be in the studio for MDNA's early recording sessions due to her schedule.

Remember that Some Girls demo sung by that unknown artist? My first thought was 'oh M just re-tweaked a bit of the lyrics and slapped her name on it ' but M has 1/3 share of royalties and this unknown artist was not credited as a writer. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Falling Free demo sung by Laurie Mayer who co-write that track and is close friends with WO.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though it's not very clear, I think Madonna was involved with the MDNA songs on a significant level from the start but she just wasn't available to record her vocals until the song neared its final stages of production.

Thanks, I didn't know this, very interesting information. It does sound weird though that she would have the time to write and produce songs but then not have the time it takes to phone in the vocals, especially considering how phoned in most of the final product sounds :smile:

Personally, if I had contributed to GGW I would firmly shut my mouth about it though :electropop: Not the finest feather in her cap, so to speak.

Yeah it's very unclear how the recording sessions of MDNA came to be.

I remember WO expressed his thoughts on M's involvement during the MDNA recording sessions. His comments were innocuous but a lot of people took it the wrong way and basically thought he said that Madonna didn't dedicate herself to be in the studio a lot and therefore didn't give a shit about MDNA. He was basically saying that Madonna was so busy with other things in her life which prevented them from working on more songs for the album.

Even though the lyrics to GGW aren't the most thought-provoking, I just can't see Benassi writing lyrics like, "I got that burnin' hot desi-i-i-ire And no one can put out my fi-i-i-ire" :). It was probably a case of Benassi sending M the instrumental and they passed between each other the lyrics and ideas for the song over the phone or Skype. Who knows, maybe M sang a bit of GGW over the phone to Benassi and then he asked the singer to mimic M's vocals.

I remember reading that M and Stuart Price worked on I Love New York by sending stuff to each other while Stuart was in a shed in Australia :lol::

http://allaboutmadonna.com/2008/06/stuart-price-on-i-love-new-york-by-madonna.php

Anyways, this era is different because Madonna was at the studio from day 1 and was Instagramming everything so we're assured that she was a part of the process 100%.

I think that the producers have not been revealed yet because there must be some issues with Avicii's team and they must be defining which songs had some production by them and which not as some of them were heavily reworked.

I think Madonna is, as usual, in charge of the words (except in cases like Girl Gone Wild or Revolver when she's basically just handed the song and she changes minor things), has direction over the melody, and co-produces.

In the case of "Revolver", the song features a second verse compared to the demo that had leaked several months before the release of "Celebration".

Edited by Amzer801

I thought he complained after not during

The one complaint I agreed with him was the mixing

But that's old news now

Guest ziggy

I thought he complained after not during

He did. At least I have no recollection of a public rant during the recording. I totally got what he was saying when it came to the record being a missed opportunity and a rushed job. Everything he said was evident on the album.

Wow at people only discovering Warner Chappell now. www.ascap.com has even more songs.

Apparently the LFL single CDs only have writer and remixer credits but not producer credits, even though everyone assumes it's Madonna and Diplo so there are definitely some issues with producer credits of RH, maybe the "they worked for free" theory is indeed true? :(

Guest HaveASit

I dont understand why Wikipedia lists the producers for tracks 1-6. Where did they get this information from?

In the case of "Revolver", the song features a second verse compared to the demo that had leaked several months before the release of "Celebration".

I remember the Ravaughn demo having a second verse too though.

Can anyone back me up on this? I clearly remember the smooth criminal verse before madonna sang it

Anyway with GGW I think Madonna was heavily involved with tweaking the actual music more than the melody or lyrics and that's backed up by what Benassi said. Idk about Revolver.

After Music/AL/COADF I don't really question Madonna's songwriting abilities tho. Mirwais barely spoke English, Stuart wasn't writing melodies or lyrics like Forbidden Love or Sorry.

MDNA was just such a mysteriously put together album in retrospect.