"Living for Love" video discussion - continued

I'd rather have good ideas show up on screen rather than special effects and cash...

With Madonna, cash and special effects are always used on good ideas. Look at the 4 Minutes end of the world effect, the bird morphing in Frozen or the whole concept of Bedtime Story :)

If there is really a minotaur in Living for Love it could be awesome! :vogue:

These cuts have a purpose : to show who's the queen. Dancing with dancers and basic bitches is okay, but the queen needs to be seen alone a few times to remind who's the star in the room :queenbitch:

In nearly all her videos there are cuts like that showing her alone (in Hung Up she joins the dancers only at the end of the video), this will be the same in Living for Love video.

I think that's the mistake she made with the GMAYL video. The brick shots are totally unnecessary to the entire concept. She's front and center throughout the "seamless" takes, looking beautiful, and awesome. She's the Queen no matter who or what she's in front of, not just when she's by herself. The "seamless" aspects of GMAYL is what made it unique within her videos conceptually. We already have a Hung Up, we don't need similarities or consistency within her videos. I think she felt she needed the brick wall shots so there would be "more" of her but she is front and center regardless.

oh, I know Suedey. But there are times that she's phoned in the video ("Celebration" instantly comes to mind), and those didn't lend themselves to mass interest.

I have high hopes for the LFL video. :)

I think that's the mistake she made with the GMAYL video. The brick shots are totally unnecessary to the entire concept. She's front and center throughout the "seamless" takes, looking beautiful, and awesome. She's the Queen no matter who or what she's in front of, not just when she's by herself. The "seamless" aspects of GMAYL is what made it unique within her videos conceptually. We already have a Hung Up, we don't need similarities or consistency within her videos. I think she felt she needed the brick wall shots so there would be "more" of her but she is front and center regardless.

whAT are you guys referring to when u say seamless?

whAT are you guys referring to when u say seamless?

It has a similar concept as 4 Minutes. Watch the making of as the directors explain it

It's like a mouse maze, for Gimmie, it's getting from point A(M's home) to point B (the Celebration outside) all In a matter of minutes

Liz Smith is one of the very few who totally GET Madge. I rarely disagree with Liz even when she criticizes her. Its very obvious she is one of the few sane US journalists when it comes to Madonna and is well informed and pays attention.

Liz Smith is one of the very few who totally GET Madge. I rarely disagree with Liz even when she criticizes her. Its very obvious she is one of the few sane US journalists when it comes to Madonna and is well informed and pays attention.

YES! Well said.

OH MY GOD! I thought the 8th was next week!

Why, why did you burst my bubble??????

tumblr_m8g859aM1B1ruiwgy.gif

I take some holidays next week and come back next 2th, so i'm making some appointments for Feb. 2th, that's why i thought 8th was far nearer!

oh dear...