"Living for Love" video discussion - continued

I referred to "Celebration"- but even GGW, it was more of a "glamor" video, with some imagery that was a throwback to Madonna of the past. It won't go down as one of the best clips she's ever produced- then again, the track itself wasn't as good as LFL, either.

The video needs to have something that's gonna want to make people (i.e. not just the fans) watch, hence why I hope it has some meat to it (other than the male dancers, that is).

Don't worry the Queen will make everyone watch. This is Madonna we're talking about. The buzz is positive for LFL and the public is hungry for her. It will go well. I think a UK Top 10 is on the horizon. With a little bit of luck, lots of promo and a pinch of PAYOLA I think we can also have a US Top 10. So sit back and enjoy because she's gonna CARRY ON!

Loved the fact that we didn't know NOTHING about the GMAYL either. And what a surprise.

We definitely knew who the directors were beforehand.

Then later on they said M messed with their original vision by insisting upon the cuts to her dancing in front of the brick wall.

It was supposed to be one long "seamless" take. I honestly think the video would have been better that way. Not to go off on a tangent on the GMAYL video but I've always hated those cuts to the brick wall :( , takes away from the concept.

Loved the fact that we didn't know NOTHING about the GMAYL either. And what a surprise.

We knew some things though, thanks to the casting call list.

LFL is allegedly big budget, so if she is spending the dollars....should be amazing.

I can't wait to see, I'm not normally fussed about the release of a video, but the anticipation is killing me, & I love that feeling :)

We definitely knew who the directors were beforehand.

Then later on they said M messed with their original vision by insisting upon the cuts to her dancing in front of the brick wall.

It was supposed to be one long "seamless" take. I honestly think the video would have been better that way. Not to go off on a tangent on the GMAYL video but I've always hated those cuts to the brick wall :( , takes away from the concept.

But she's really just so beautiful in front of the brick wall. I could watch those scenes over and over and not get bored.

But she's really just so beautiful in front of the brick wall. I could watch those scenes over and over and not get bored.

Not to perpetuate the conversation but I think she looks infinitely better in the "seamless" shots than the brick shots. Not that she doesn't look good but just not as good. It's not necessary with how great she looks throughout and the Marilyn transition. I would honestly love to see a fan edit with those cuts taken out and the original concept presented. I really do think from a editing standpoint that the video would flow better. It's just my opinion though so don't listen to me lol

Not to perpetuate the conversation but I think she looks infinitely better in the "seamless" shots than the brick shots. Not that she doesn't look good but just not as good. It's not necessary with how great she looks throughout and the Marilyn transition. I would honestly love to see a fan edit with those cuts taken out and the original concept presented. I really do think from a editing standpoint that the video would flow better. It's just my opinion though so don't listen to me lol

These cuts have a purpose : to show who's the queen. Dancing with dancers and basic bitches is okay, but the queen needs to be seen alone a few times to remind who's the star in the room :queenbitch:

In nearly all her videos there are cuts like that showing her alone (in Hung Up she joins the dancers only at the end of the video), this will be the same in Living for Love video.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Ohhhh!

I'm ready for big budget Madonna with sets and special effects :queenbitch:

I'd rather have good ideas show up on screen rather than special effects and cash...

You all want the gorgeous men, but as much as I do think about sex and men regularly during my days, when it comes to MADONNA, I want her center stage and solo!