"Living for Love" video discussion - continued

didn't 4 minutes video leak before release?

Songs leak easily since a lot of people have them prior to the release (the artist and its team, radios, itunes, etc) but the videos now are premiered only on youtube so less people see it and when they were premiered on tv even less people could put their hands on them, I guess

didn't 4 minutes video leak before release?

Songs leak easily since a lot of people have them prior to the release (the artist and its team, radios, itunes, etc) but the videos now are premiered only on youtube so less people see it and when they were premiered on tv even less people could put their hands on them, I guess

Give it 2 Me video leaked early. I think it was only by a day or two. It just randomly appeared on YouTube.

calzo- fughetabout what she may have said (and where did she say that, anyhow? Guy O. had said the plan was the first week in February, but it wasn't definitive). If they want to maximize things as much as possible, they should release it the day after the Grammys. If they don't, it'd be kinda foolish- unless it was released tomorrow or early in this week.

If the Grammys performance is similar, thematically, to the video, then it depends whether they want people to see the theme in a live performance before the video, or vice-versa.

It makes more sense to release the video before the Grammys. The general public will learn about the song, there will be hype for M's performance, and the performance will repeat some themes of the video (like Hung Up and the MTV/Grammy performances, or GMAYL and then the Superbowl performance). Plus, it's better if the audience knows the song of the performance...

I have a crazy theory : what if a snippet of the video is shown during the SuperBowl ads? An Adidas ad, Madonna thanked them on Instagram recently... :stir:

Moka- releasing it on a Friday or something, though, isn't necessarily a great move (especially if they're looking for maximum chart impact- maybe they're not, who knows). If it was going to be released before Grammys, like said, Monday or early in the week would be better. A day and change isn't going to raise awareness to the general public very much.

Moka- releasing it on a Friday or something, though, isn't necessarily a great move (especially if they're looking for maximum chart impact- maybe they're not, who knows). If it was going to be released before Grammys, like said, Monday or early in the week would be better. A day and change isn't going to raise awareness to the general public very much.

Yeah, Monday is the best day for the charts, no if ands or buts. It ain't coming out tomorrow, so the 9th directly after the Grammys is easily the best day to release the video.

Yeah, Monday is the best day for the charts, no if ands or buts. It ain't coming out tomorrow, so the 9th directly after the Grammys is easily the best day to release the video.

I truly believe her team is aware of this

if you buy a video on itunes, does it count towards official singles sales? if so, then wouldnt the video be released the same day as the single?

if you buy a video on itunes, does it count towards official singles sales? if so, then wouldnt the video be released the same day as the single?

Yes, would be part of the stream music on itunes that helps the charts.

Oh, everyday i log here to find something and this is driving me crazy!

At least a pic. Or some gif. Or something!!!!

uuuuhhh. And this week is THE WEEK. The week of the Grammys. The week where everything REALLY starts.