AUSDONNA!!!! Aussie Madonna Fan Thread (Reborn)

Carta

I would like totally die. I was talking to my sister about it and my mother overheard and said "When?! I'm going with you" :/

She hasn't been here in a while and we, Australians as people, under the Queen of England and dictatorship of Tony Abbott, deserve a full tour of all our glorious cities: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart. I'm from Perth and would explode if she came here. Not holding my breath. Stadium is currently being built and I go around saying how the Govt of WA is building a stadium for Madonna's visit... and let me tell you I managed to convince a few gays hahahah Will definitely be going to Melbourne if Perth is a no show.

You'll all see, she will be adding on shows, certainly in Sydney and Melbourne.

Australian Tour tickets will go on sale on Monday March 16th for an October Tour according to a reliable touring insider at M-Tribe.

So Aussie's get saving now just in case.

October is actually the only month that woudl fit in, as all studiums are being used for footy through to September, and then the cricket starts from november. In Melbourne Tay Tay got shunted out to AAMI Park (a soccer field) because of the cricket booked in December. I think this is actually all because of Madonna - when she was here in 93 it was in November and December and I remember that the grass at the SCG was a mess for the cricket the following week, so they said no more concerts during cricket season.

But Im actually really worried about getting good tickets. Im not a icon legacy member (there seemed to be no point when she never came here), so unless there's packages that gaurantee front row, I might be up the back.

That said, I wont beleive she is coming here until I see her. Guy O is quite good at saying she is coming to Australia at the time of the album release and then ... woudl be great if they started the tour here, so then no excuses for not coming.

Australian Tour tickets will go on sale on Monday March 16th for an October Tour according to a reliable touring insider at M-Tribe.

I got so much anxiety reading this

I've pretty much assumed I'll be getting shit seats. I don't go to many big name concerts so i really have no idea what to do when buying tickets. I'll just log on when they go on sale and hiope for the best.

Just saw the ad, madonna is doing an interview for the today show this week, aussie promo is starting!!!

Really?! :tigger:

Where did you see it, what did it show and say?

Edited by the-queen

tumblr_mcspb0ZJ3C1qfqdfr.gif

I don't want to save my money again just to be disappointed. Though I did end up buying a whole lot of DVDs with MDNA money so that's an upside.

I envy those of you who have a job that will allow you to down tools and do whatever it takes to get a ticket!! :) I won't even be able to look at getting online until 11am on Monday the 16th, so it will be an interesting day for me. I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed that Icon comes through for me again....!

It's odd that Madonna's doing an interview with Today this week, but if a tour is about to be announced, then it makes complete sense that she would announce it herself in an interview.

I envy those of you who have a job that will allow you to down tools and do whatever it takes to get a ticket!! :) I won't even be able to look at getting online until 11am on Monday the 16th, so it will be an interesting day for me. I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed that Icon comes through for me again....!

Stuff that, Carta. I'd just call in sick the day tickets go on sale :D

or pretend my car broke down in the morning hahahaha

Apart from when I was forcibly admitted to hospital a couple of years ago, I can count the number of sick days I've had to take in the past 15 years on one hand...and since most of the people I work with know about my "passing interest" in Madonna, if I called in "sick" the morning tickets went on sale, I'd be in all sorts of trouble ;)

Guest bluejean

If you know people that work at Ticketek are they of any use? Or can they not assist? :lol:

I mean surely they can put seats on hold before they go on sale and just buy them for me?

Guest bluejean

Apart from when I was forcibly admitted to hospital a couple of years ago, I can count the number of sick days I've had to take in the past 15 years on one hand...and since most of the people I work with know about my "passing interest" in Madonna, if I called in "sick" the morning tickets went on sale, I'd be in all sorts of trouble ;)

What city do you live in?

Maybe they will have a golden triangle type thing again? We all have waited so long!

Anyway, I will pay $500 plus for a great ticket. But I just wonder how hard is it to get??

*shakes*

Ticketek staff can't do that - they'd lose their jobs.

Given that they charged $200 for the Gold Circle in 1993 (closest 1000 seats), we can expect to pay over $500 for similar level seating (inflation etc. - magazines that cost $2 back in 1993 are now pushing $5). Packages (with guaranteed "good" seats) will be several hundred dollars more. If One Direction can charge close to $600 for a "good" seat, then they'll want a lot more than that for Madonna.

A lot of people in the US and Europe in the past have commented that if Madonna toured Australia again, they'd want to be here so that they could see her play somewhere different. More competition for good tickets....!

What city do you live in?

Maybe they will have a golden triangle type thing again? We all have waited so long!

Gold Coast :thumbsup: I was hoping she'd tour in December, which would allow me to go to multiple shows, but I don't have holidays in October, so I'll be restricted to Brisbane and, if I'm lucky, Sydney or Melbourne, if she plays either city on a Saturday night. Better than nothing :)

She probably will have a GT. Are (m)any of us here still Icon members?

Are you going to head home for the concerts, bluejean?

Can't believe One Erection charge so much considering their fans are young.

Anyways I hope she tours there, Aussies deserve it!

I know...!! Madonna's fans are older and (in general) have a higher disposal income, so they'll almost certainly charge more for her packages. I guess only time will tell...!!

Guest bluejean

I will pay whatever it costs, i'm not worried about price. But I'm sure alot of people would.

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see an advert. I'm preparing a US trip this year so I'll plan it around Madonna. I need to be at the front though. I've waited so long.

Guest bluejean

Gold Coast :thumbsup: I was hoping she'd tour in December, which would allow me to go to multiple shows, but I don't have holidays in October, so I'll be restricted to Brisbane and, if I'm lucky, Sydney or Melbourne, if she plays either city on a Saturday night. Better than nothing :)

She probably will have a GT. Are (m)any of us here still Icon members?

Are you going to head home for the concerts, bluejean?

No, I'm in New Zealand atm for work and will be back in Australia next month. I am not sure how long for yet.

I will pay whatever it costs, i'm not worried about price. But I'm sure alot of people would.

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see an advert. I'm preparing a US trip this year so I'll plan it around Madonna. I need to be at the front though. I've waited so long.

This is why I bit the bullet and travelled to Europe to see MDNA as soon as I found out that they had Early Access packages and General Admission (i.e. if you're prepared to wait in line all day, then with a bit of luck, you can get to the front row). I suspected that it would be a nightmare trying to get decent tickets for Australia and I really wanted to see the show from the best position possible. It was a completely selfish and indulgent decision on my part (since she was supposed to be coming here), but it was worth every cent. People like San and I are lucky that we've been able to travel to see her - it's time for everyone else here to be able to see her, too!!

Guest bluejean

I don't see what's selfish about it. You wanted to do something so you did it. That's totally normal to me. I am planning to go to opening night actually if it's in the US.

I don't see what's selfish about it. You wanted to do something so you did it. That's totally normal to me. I am planning to go to opening night actually if it's in the US.

:thumbsup:

I figure I work hard, am generous with my time (and money), give up half of my holidays each year for work and don't do an awful lot for myself, so I can be "selfish" every few years when it comes to Madonna tours :) Of course, all of this sounds incredibly egotistical....!!! Anyway, a mentor of mine at work is actually a very strong advocate of my Madonna tour binges and he and his wife actively encourage me to "go for it" each time she tours.

Opening night would be incredible!