AUSDONNA!!!! Aussie Madonna Fan Thread (Reborn)

Carta

XXL,

Just to clarify. I wasn't putting Europe down. most people love it there. I didn't. there were some things I enjoyed but in general I much prefer it here. Its all taste at the end of the day you could come here and hate it.

And just so you know, Christopher ciccone contacted me on facebook. not the other way around so stop being bitchy for christsake. I mentioned something on there about the Girlie Show and he messaged me. we chatted about the show I went to, How much I loved it. Hes actually quite a nice guy, and I don't blame him for writing the book. its all very well for you to judge him being a Madonna fan but it would not be easy being Madonna's brother or sister for that matter.

yeah, getting jobs & money and all those chances from her, meeting new people through her, going on tour with her.. what a hard life he tustve had being her brother.

Thanks to the wonderful Madonna Australia page, this exciting news below.

Reports are coming in that Universal Music Australia will release Rebel Heart on Friday 6 March 2015. Australia traditionally gets Madonna releases early so this will make for a great weekend - in some other great news, Australian radio is loving Living For Love which has now debuted in the National Radio Airplay Top 40

Thanks to the wonderful Madonna Australia page, this exciting news below.

Reports are coming in that Universal Music Australia will release Rebel Heart on Friday 6 March 2015. Australia traditionally gets Madonna releases early so this will make for a great weekend - in some other great news, Australian radio is loving Living For Love which has now debuted in the National Radio Airplay Top 40

I hope with this success, Madonna will come and do a LFL promo at the TV Week Logie Awards

I know it's a long shot but I think it'd be really cool if she came here to do some live promo and maybe a small club gig like she's done in Paris/London/NY. She went to Japan for promo during Confessions, I don't see why she couldn't come here for a week or so. I know some people won't agree with me, but unless she does SOMETHING for the aussie fan I think she'll struggle here with the album and singles.

This was just posted on Madonnatribe.com from a pretty reliable user:

"Not to throw a random unsubstantiated rumour out there...

but...

a little birdy working for one of the ticketing agencies here in Australia has been tasked this week with putting together a seating plan for 4 stadium shows to be presented by Live Nation this October. Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

It isn't U2. Taylor Swift is here in December so it isn't her.

That pretty much exhausts the stadium sized Live Nation alligned acts except for one".

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

but...

a little birdy working for one of the ticketing agencies here in Australia has been tasked this week with putting together a seating plan for 4 stadium shows to be presented by Live Nation this October. Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

That pretty much exhausts the stadium sized Live Nation alligned acts except for one".

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Fingers crossed :)

but...

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Pink.........

Sounds like the usual shit rumours we get with every tour, where is Adelaide and Wonthagi?

Pink hasn't got any albums out at the moment nor any tour plans and barely anyone bothers with Adelaide anymore really. Who on earth goes to Wonthagi?.... Plus Pink would at least do way more than 4 shows in her biggest market anyway.

Edited by Martini123

I hope with this success, Madonna will come and do a LFL promo at the TV Week Logie Awards

Sounds like the usual shit rumours we get with every tour, where is Adelaide and Wonthagi?

I think a lot of people don't quite get Ivy's humour, but I love it.

Wonthagi - :lmao::rotfl: O'h Ivy. The TV Week Logie awards :rotfl: If Madonna ever appeared at the Logie awards ( will never happen ) I would almost die with embarrassment. D grade Aussie celebrities who are well on the way to being drunk, not being able to string a sentence together. She would run screaming from this country once and for all.

I think a lot of people don't quite get Ivy's humour, but I love it.

Wonthagi - :lmao::rotfl: O'h Ivy. The TV Week Logie awards :rotfl: If Madonna ever appeared at the Logie awards ( will never happen ) I would almost die with embarrassment. D grade Aussie celebrities who are well on the way to being drunk, not being able to string a sentence together. She would run screaming from this country once and for all.

Blush :) I think Madonna would be mortified if she saw real Australian Culture ( maybe she witnessed this with the Girlie Show, hence her never returning :)

On a side note, what's up with Adelaide. I never knew people skipped this town on tours? I always thought people would skip Perth, because of distance.

I feel sorry for places like Hobart, Geelong, Tamworth and Wonthagi - they should get minor shows the way she did in Paris and she can cause an uproar, with people throwing their vb cans at her after a 5 song set :)

Maybe she can do the AFL grand final?

Napoleon, remember Meatloaf at the AFL Grand Final :lmao: When Madonna performed at Superbowl, a lot of the Australian sports commentators were saying that they wished she performed here and that is how you do it etc. Even though American football is not our sport here, so many men that I know who are sports fanatics, were all talking about how fantastic she was. I doubt she would do an AFL appearance though plus we would get the whole debate about only having Australian singers perform etc.

^ Pink doesn't play stadium's when she's here anyway.

As it's going to be a shitfight when and if the tickets go on sale is it best to order them online, over the phone or line up at the box office? As I've never seen her live and have waited very patiently for 25 years for her to come back I just want to ensure I get a good view of her. Would like to know your thoughts???

It's going to be an absolute nightmare trying to get decent tickets for any Australian shows. We discussed this at length when she was supposed to be coming here for MDNA and there was no real consensus, unfortunately. I've always picked up the best tickets via the Icon Legacy member pre-sales for overseas shows (Second row right next to the catwalk for Confessions in New York, Hot Tickets and Early Access tickets in Rome, Berlin, Dusseldorf and Copenhagen). Whenever tickets for any big name artist go on sale, they usually sell out online within minutes.

Guy told me in Berlin that they were looking at allocated seating for the entire stadium for the Australian leg of the tour, so I can see them going down the same road this time (unfortunately - with Hot Tickets/Early Access, you have a decent chance of getting to the front row, but with allocated seating, you have no control over how close you can get).

I've told my pathetic story about how I lined up overnight for tickets back in 1993 and still ended up in the 12th row due to scalpers before :( The truth is there's no surefire way of guaranteeing a good spot in a stadium that's 100% allocated seating. Of course, if you have connections and/or you're already known to Madonna's people, then you have nothing to worry about :).

Blush :) I think Madonna would be mortified if she saw real Australian Culture ( maybe she witnessed this with the Girlie Show, hence her never returning :)

On a side note, what's up with Adelaide. I never knew people skipped this town on tours? I always thought people would skip Perth, because of distance.

I feel sorry for places like Hobart, Geelong, Tamworth and Wonthagi - they should get minor shows the way she did in Paris and she can cause an uproar, with people throwing their vb cans at her after a 5 song set :)

:lol: Americans usually love Australia though. Would hate to take her to alcohol filled party with Bogans though. Also, most people play Adelaide don't they ? Still one of our major cities. I know Tasmanians all come to Melbourne for major concerts. Half of my family come over for ACDC a few years ago. They also come over for major stage shows.

It's going to be an absolute nightmare trying to get decent tickets for any Australian shows. We discussed this at length when she was supposed to be coming here for MDNA and there was no real consensus, unfortunately. I've always picked up the best tickets via the Icon Legacy member pre-sales for overseas shows (Second row right next to the catwalk for Confessions in New York, Hot Tickets and Early Access tickets in Rome, Berlin, Dusseldorf and Copenhagen). Whenever tickets for any big name artist go on sale, they usually sell out online within minutes.

Guy told me in Berlin that they were looking at allocated seating for the entire stadium for the Australian leg of the tour, so I can see them going down the same road this time (unfortunately - with Hot Tickets/Early Access, you have a decent chance of getting to the front row, but with allocated seating, you have no control over how close you can get).

I've told my pathetic story about how I lined up overnight for tickets back in 1993 and still ended up in the 12th row due to scalpers before :( The truth is there's no surefire way of guaranteeing a good spot in a stadium that's 100% allocated seating. Of course, if you have connections and/or you're already known to Madonna's people, then you have nothing to worry about :).

Yeah, I know I have told this before but my poor Mum spent HOURS on the phone getting me a ticket for the MCG concert. The girl assured her that the tickets were in a great position and when I got there they were way up in the gods and I could only see her on the big screen. When I come home, my Mum was so upset that she wrote to tour promoter Michael Gudinski saying that her daughter was the biggest Madonna fan in Australia. :lmao: and deserved better. She was so ill at the time as well otherwise she would have loved to go too but was so passionate about me having great seats to see Madonna. He actually personally replied to her with a letter and parcel saying he was sorry that she was told false information on the phone and sent us a Madonna t shirt, book and pen.

That's really sweet, Jazzyjan!! :) They really mucked people around with tickets back in 1993. Gold Circle tickets were sold out for the Brisbane show within an hour of going on sale, but then they suddenly "found" some more and put them on sale on the day of the show (someone I worked with at Coles bragged about how he just turned up at the stadium on the night and got a GC ticket, which he took as a sign that ticket sales had been poor overall....nasty so and so! :).

Actually that use to be the case, even not too long ago, but now it's the other way around.

Edited by Martini123

I'm going to go to box office ticketek centre the morning it's out. Plus if they do sell out within minutes, they are most likely to add extra dates anyway.

You'll either need to find an obscure Ticketek outlet that no one else really knows about, or be prepared to line up for hours beforehand.

They'll add extra dates for sure, but I know when I tried to get tickets for P!nk's last tour, I had to wait until the 5th show in Brisbane went on sale to get anything decent, because although I was online and ready the instant they went on sale, it took half an hour to actually access the site and by that stage, the first four shows were completely sold out.

I just had a quick look at One Direction's ticket packages and their most expensive is $559 (guaranteed seat along the catwalk - "Hot Ticket" - plus a pre-show function and some merchandise). Steel yourselves for insanely high prices......

I just had a quick look at One Direction's ticket packages and their most expensive is $559 (guaranteed seat along the catwalk - "Hot Ticket" - plus a pre-show function and some merchandise). Steel yourselves for insanely high prices......

Gahhh than i hope they won't get announced anytime soon.

Edited by Martini123

Latest Australian airplay chart - 51 (62) Living For Love. This is for airplay from well over a week ago, so the info that was posted at auspop (where Universal announced that it was in the Top 40) no doubt reflects the chart that will be issued in the coming days. More stations need to support the single....!

Maybe we should organise a Shazam voting session one night so that we can get it onto the Shazam Top 20 countdown...! It needs some more exposure.