Confessions Unmixed Vinyl...

tasteinmen

Confessions On A Dance Floor Mixed vs Unmixed  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to listen to COADF?

• Keep the songs separate
    • The non-stop version is the definitive version and is how the album is meant to be experienced

So I recently bought COADF on vinyl, I've been excited to hear the album, wondering if each side will be non-stop, but when I put it on my turn table, all the tracks were separate, with silence between songs... I'm not used to listening to the songs like this, I'm used to the amazing seamless CD version, that's how the album should be heard imo.

I normally prefer listening to albums on vinyl but in this case I think I may have to stick to the CD, Let It Will Be not flowing straight into Forbidden Love felt so wrong!!! And there's no alarm at the end of Hung Up!!

How do you guys feel about the unmixed edition of COADF? Do you prefer it? Or do you believe the album should be seamless, played from beginning to end without any time to rest?

I like the non-stop mix when I'm in the mood for the full album start-to-finish, but the separate mixes are essential for throwing onto compilations or into playlists.

This exactly.

I love the alarm after Hung Up, but it's SO damn loud.... :rotfl:

I LOVE my Confessions on vinyl, though for casual listening I prefer the CD as a whole. I consider the vinyl pack part of my Madonna remix collection bc that's how I use it. I often slip Jump into megamixes, in particular.

This exactly.

I love the alarm after Hung Up, but it's SO damn loud.... :rotfl:

:lol:

Plus there are three breaks between sides on a 2xLP set so I'm sure that was a major factor in the decision to use the separate song masters vs the CD-friendly continuous mix.

I really depends on the song. I like "cold" opening of Future Lovers, but I greatly miss fading into I Love NY (yilly-yilly-yilly-yilly...), cold ending of Forbidden Love is cool and Jump's intro is better unmixed (and its ending is similar to Bangles' Manic Mondey, at least to me), but then Push is MUCH better with Isaac's gong, plus the outro leading to Like It Or Not is great. I appreciate both versions.

I absolutely love the end of Get Together in the continuous mix and the intro for How High!

when I listen to tracks separately, I prefer the unmixed version obviously.

I really depends on the song. I like "cold" opening of Future Lovers, but I greatly miss fading into I Love NY (yilly-yilly-yilly-yilly...), cold ending of Forbidden Love is cool and Jump's intro is better unmixed (and its ending is similar to Bangles' Manic Mondey, at least to me), but then Push is MUCH better with Isaac's gong, plus the outro leading to Like It Or Not is great. I appreciate both versions.

Jump really stands out for me. It just starts w/ that classic beat.

Also, if I may brag for a moment, my vinyl copy is the white label promo. Mine was never sealed so I would like to get the artwork version. Both are running kinda expensive though.