Was Revenge Wasted???

tasteinmen

So I've mentioned in a previous thread that I'm currently checking out a back catalogue of unreleased Madonna songs.

I'm literally obsessed with Revenge... Why wasn't it on Ray of Light? Why wasn't it on Music??

I just think the sound of this song was so current in the year 2000 it could have been a bonafide hit!! It would have fit the charts so well.

Anyone else think so?

Love it, as much as I love Fighting Spirit...what will happen with these songs? could they be part of a posthumous album when she kicks the bucket like around the 2500? :dazed:

Love it, as much as I love Fighting Spirit...what will happen with these songs? could they be part of a posthumous album when she kicks the bucket like around the 2500? :dazed:

Boxset please!!! In the style of Nirvana's With The Lights Out, but while we're all alive!

Boxset please!!! In the style of Nirvana's With The Lights Out, but while we're all alive!

well I plan to live beyond 2500 so..... :old::tongue:

I really hope they do that someday, but before she kicks the bucket.

she should do special limited edition box sets for every one of her albums and include all the rejects from each specific era. id pay top dollar for all of them.

I really hope they do that someday, but before she kicks the bucket.

she should do special limited edition box sets for every one of her albums and include all the rejects from each specific era. id pay top dollar for all of them.

Oh surely count me on that...so many great songs not included in any album and reworked a bit here and there could be even stronger

are this songs owned by her or by warner?

i always asked myself this question and also asked within other threads but bitches didn't pay attention ...for instance, who owns or will own those demos leaked from Rebel Heart? and the other albums demos as well?

I think it's a wonderful song. I don't think wasted is the right word, because the ROL cd is perfection. I'd like to see a b sides album from Madonna one day, but I don't think it's her style.

The two things I'd say were actually wasted are Animal and Across the Sky.

Maybe it would not fit into album, but I think Madonna should definitely release more unique B-side songs. This would be a perfect place for all these good-but-different things that were leaked. I think Revenge, Your Honesty, Get Over, Goodbye to Innocence, La petit jeune file/Little girl, Orbit's mixes of Music tracks, The Game, original Get Together, Across The Sky, Pala Tute (or Latte/whatever it's called). I can usually see why they were not chosen for the album, but some are too good not to be released.

Maybe the label could have pushed for it? They all wanted to sell singles. Bjork used to have plenty of interesting Bsides, Kylie too, as did some rock bands (Siouxsie & the Banshees or Skunk Anansie virtually released double albums because of that, and some of their most brilliant songs were among Bsides - because bands were not bothered if they would fit on the album, they just did what they wanted to do).

Now we can only hope for some compilations or deluxe editions. Depeche Mode released CD full of demos from various years on one album's limited box edition. Why won't M?