She must have shortened Messiah because we were told months ago that Messiah was closing the album by the W.E. music guy. Messiah also fits a Madonna closing song. It has been a very long time since a Madonna album ended loud or overly happy. However....Messiah could close the standard edition and the 19 tracks may not be the standard. As for song lengths....I do think that anthems such as Living for Love need to be longer but TUTBMP (Playground) suffers a bit by going on and on. The two last tracks do seem short but they could be perfection. If there is a 22 song deluxe...I hope she divides the CDs evenly and lengthens the anthems. The 2nd CD on MDNA was appreciated material but could have been included on one disc....not that I am bitching about more material but the 2nd partial disc is a pain. There are a couple of songs on the bonus that are incredible like Beautiful Killer and I Fucked Up. It is a pain the put a 2nd disc in. Of course, I use the digital Itunes version but the physical copy plays better in the car. Itunes version was mixed funny. What will we get this time? Hmmm. All speculation on my part I suppose. LOL

I also love Madonna fans. My friends and family would never dare speak ill of her in my presence but they are not genuine fans. My daughter is in love with American Life album and I'm Breathless but is not overly interested in any other material. My mom took me to Who's that Girl Tour in 1987 and she hit the nail on the head. People that do not love Madonna have never seen her live. My new husband was a casual Madonna fan. We missed Confessions Tour live and I sulked for three years. He went to Sticky and Sweet (2 nights to make up for it) and he has been a much bigger follower since. (of course....he pretended not to know me when I nearly convulsed as the show started.) He practically knocked me over to purchase MDNA Tour tickets. LOL It seems that most people love a Madonna era or two but the true fans.....I love them the most. I have been this excited every era since True Blue. Honestly....I did not know who Madonna was before then....Had no idea that the Live to Tell singer also sang Into the Groove, Holiday, and Like a Virgin. Forgive me Madonna....I was young....LOL

It doesn't suit her description of the "Rebel" side.

I agree somewhat. Her Rebel side as of late seems to be more about fighting injustice (social, racial, LGBT, etc)....speaking her mind....helping others... but historically... S.E.X. has been a feminist mantra for her and now she is rebelling against ageism as well. It is upsetting that every time she is mentioned in a media report, they list her age next to her name in the story. Her age is listed in a blatant attempt to dilute her relevance or her message. BTW She is still very sexy.... but a woman's relevance is not tied to her sexiness....These songs could fit her theme in that realm. Rihanna and others use sex as mere marketing. I mean....Rihanna sang duets with a man who physically abused her. Rihanna and many other female artists are the antithesis to feminism....Madonna's use of sex has been much more calculated than Brittany Spears or even Miley Cyrus (although Wrecking Ball was a valiant attempt to resurrect Madonna's message included in Express Yourself). Madonna used sex to sell her brand only on the Like a Virgin album. After that....S.E.X. evolved and was always incorporated into her feminist message. For Madonna, the backlash on Like a Virgin was proof that women were not evaluated fairly my society and she became a Rebel for that cause. Everything after Like a Virgin was created for protest or rebellion against her Father...the church...sexism....and her critics...I don't think that "Rebel" can be defined as all external subject matter. S.E.X./Holy Water could be used to reinforce her earlier rebellion. I prefer Borrowed Time but I think Madonna's rally against ageism, sexism, gender/orientation discrimination and sexual politics is legitimate and definitely fits Rebel Heart.

^ Great post! I tend to agree that she is now in a war against ageism, and an explicit sex-oriented song could fit perfectly. Plus she is just naturally sexy and sexual, so those songs would be a natural fit. However, not if that is not her focus as you state. If "rebel" refers to fighting social injustice and inequality there may not be any sex songs on this. We all love Madonna's many sides, but she has shunned certain styles before. Remember that Confessions has zero ballads, which are as integral a part of her career as her other styles. So there COULD feasibly be no sex songs. We will all love it and worship it no matter what she gives us.

Yeah, that's sad. GH is one of my favorite demos. :(

I'm here for a reworked version of GH. It fits perfectly with her message, and the lyrics are personal without being cheesy. I hope it makes the cut.

Guest Madomination

I do notice many of the songs are under 4 minutes long...which mean they are probably tight and non-repetitive....I mean look at the songs on Erotica....all of them are more like extended versions than a normal album cut.

To me short things mean one of two things: an eye on airplay or trying to fit more songs on the album. In M's case, it's probably both, but since they scrapped the double album idea, it's probably more about fitting more on one disc. Which could explain the LFL edit. So "tight" isn't always better.

To me short things mean one of two things: an eye on airplay or trying to fit more songs on the album. In M's case, it's probably both, but since they scrapped the double album idea, it's probably more about fitting more on one disc. Which could explain the LFL edit. So "tight" isn't always better.

This.

tumblr_mhb6e7PPei1s4zp68o1_500.gif

facelips.gif

I personally tend to like songs on the shorter side. I can't stand those remixes that go on and on. I also like a lot of punk songs and they tend to be under 3 minutes. I think 4 minutes or under is the perfect length for a pop song!

Who cares how long the tracks are. If they are good does it really matter?

And why do people keep complaining about LFL length?

It matters to the size queens...

cTSiloh.jpg

giphy.gif

tapir-and-its-giant-penis-o.gif

Guest Madomination

So.....are we to assume that the current 6 tracks that were released now are going to be different on the album when it debuts (shorter, longer, and/or different mix)...... :mellow:

So.....are we to assume that the current 6 tracks that were released now are going to be different on the album when it debuts (shorter, longer, and/or different mix)...... :mellow:

tumblr_m72ccd8oEe1rsench.gif

Who cares how long the tracks are. If they are good does it really matter?

No it doesn't. But would you like Hung Up more or less if it didn't have that breakdown in the middle?

I don't think the tracks were specifically shortened so they could fit on one CD. If M felt like some of the songs should be especially long, she would have just split the album into two discs. I believe the track lengths are just that short because that's how the songs turned out to be.