Billboard's Artists of the Year: 1981-2014

lasky

http://www.billboard.com/photos/6415105/billboard-artist-of-the-year-gallery-1981-to-2014?i=540761

Madonna

The Queen of Pop had a tremendous year on the charts during the 1985 chart year, with two No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 singles ("Like a Virgin" and "Crazy For You") plus another three top five hits ("Material Girl," "Angel" and "Dress You Up").

2001-2007 was horrid going by the 'artists of the year' and the fact that bland ass rnb/rap dominated the charts.

I was sure Britney would get 1999, but I guess BSB is the same thing.

My gawd to this day Im still puking over the atrocity of 'years in music' between around 99-06/07 *(when the BAD..really bad non pop/ non recurrent friendly hip hop. rap and absolute gunk) was dominating the entire top 10 week after week, year after year. ;// . Again, this also was when record companies were at the peak of greed and being c*nts- refusing to release singles and having the 'airplay chart' only basically dictate the Billboard chart. Worst and most corrupt period of the rock and roll era.

2001-2007 was horrid going by the 'artists of the year' and the fact that bland ass rnb/rap dominated the charts.

I was sure Britney would get 1999, but I guess BSB is the same thing.

OMG yes! The RnB/hip hop saturisation of pop in the mid 2000s was an awful era! And that awful thing circa-2005 chipmunk girl singing with a rapper like on Akon's "Lonely" and similar songs.... So bland and dull! And chavvy!

VILE!