Madonna - never a victim

Jazzy Jan

Who else just loved reading this quote below from Madonna. :clap:

"Lots of people sing about being in love and being happy, or they write about having a broken heart and being inconsolable," Madonna says. "But nobody writes about having a broken heart and being hopeful and triumphant afterward. That was my challenge. I didn't want to be a victim."

I love this quote in Rolling Stone about Living for Love. Just one of the many things I love about Madonna is the way she never wants to be a victim or play a victim. Considering she has had so much heart-ache in her life, her attitude is one of triumph and personal strength.

Something that is always inspiring to me and would be helpful to so many others as well. Also one of the reasons she is still going strong after 30 years in the business while others have crumbled. Combined with her talent, charisma and magnificent music, she is a force of nature indeed.

Absolutely agree. Whenever I fail at something, I take solace in M's songs of perseverance and get the encouragement to get up and try again. I also love her quotes regarding "rich people's problems" and her acknowledgement of how lucky she is, which fits with the non-victim attitude. In the general scheme of things, I fit in the same category of being extremely lucky compared to the vast majority of people in this world, so whenever I'm about to start feeling sorry for myself for any setback or thing that didn't go my way, I remind myself of these quotes to regain some perspective.

"But nobody writes about having a broken heart and being hopeful and triumphant afterward. That was my challenge. I didn't want to be a victim."

I love Madonna never playing the victim, but to be fair "I Will Survive" is one such song of triumphing after a breakup. I'm sure there are plenty more.

"Lots of people sing about being in love and being happy, or they write about having a broken heart and being inconsolable," Madonna says. "But nobody writes about having a broken heart and being hopeful and triumphant afterward. That was my challenge. I didn't want to be a victim."

I feel like she doesn't even write happy love songs that much anymore. "Superstar" doesn't count. :zombie:

I love this quote in Rolling Stone about Living for Love. Just one of the many things I love about Madonna is the way she never wants to be a victim or play a victim. Considering she has had so much heart-ache in her life, her attitude is one of triumph and personal strength.

Something that is always inspiring to me and would be helpful to so many others as well. Also one of the reasons she is still going strong after 30 years in the business while others have crumbled. Combined with her talent, charisma and magnificent music, she is a force of nature indeed.

Yes, I couldn't agree more!! :)

Totally agree with you jazzy! I always loved the fact that Madonna never presented herself as a victim. She's a true role model in that regard. Some popstars should take note of it.

:clap: Absolutely!