MNation Madonna Top 50 Songs for 2014 - The Results (Full Countdown Up)

Mooncrown11

I love reading the list! It's great to see so far that the songs listed have not been all singles and there has been much love for album tracks.

Impressed about how much time and hard work you guys have put into making the list!

I was also pleasantly surprised to see Nothing Fails and Intervention. That's about where I had them ranked on my list. I though different AL tracks would make the list, if any.

I figured it would be mostly official singles at this point.

VERY happy to see so many ballads make the countdown. Which ones will make Top 20? Frozen and Live To Tell seem like sure shots. Drowned World? Crazy For You? Falling Free? Promise To Try?

surprised by the high charting of Nothing Fails and Intervention...and the latter must be really loved by the one which voted it as it got less votes than other songs behind it on the chart...

surprised by the high charting of Nothing Fails and Intervention...and the latter must be really loved by the one which voted it as it got less votes than other songs behind it on the chart...

These two songs floored me and gutted me the first time I played them, and they still do. Had I voted, both would rank in my Top 20.

I'd like to see Drowned World and Gone. I think Promise to Try and Falling Free are unlikely.

I think Crazy For You was already on there somewhere. . . :laugh:

It's like I'm drunk :lmao: I am just so excited about certain songs that I keep forgetting others were already listed!

These two songs floored me and gutted me the first time I played them, and they still do. Had I voted, both would rank in my Top 20.

i love them...esp Intervention is one of my favs...in fact i checked my list and i was surprised i put it so low on my chart :huh:

Awesome! Here's an update:

1. Song most voted: Don't Tell Me (28 votes; 57% of votes)

2. Song least voted: Time Stood Still (16 votes; 33% of votes)

3. Songs in the most Top 25 lists: Intervention (15 lists each)

4. Songs in the least Top 25 lists: Celebration, I'm Addicted and TUTBMP (7 lists each)

5. Songs in the most Top 10 lists: Oh Father (9 lists each)

6. Songs in the least Top 10 lists: Take A Bow and I Want You (1 list each)

7. Number of songs that were ranked #1: 10 songs (Beautiful Stranger, Physical Attraction, Forbidden Love '05, Lucky Star, Nothing Really Matters, Time Stood Still, TUTBMP, Cherish, Intervention, Bad Girl and Give It 2 Me).

8. Songs with lowest Highest Rank: Take A Bow (9th place)

9. Number of songs from the 80's: 7 (14%)

10. Highest ranked song from the 80's: Oh Father (23rd)

11. Number of songs from the 90's: 17 (35%)

12. Highest ranked song from the 90's: Bad Girl (22nd)

13. Number of songs from the 00's: 8 (16%)

14. Highest ranked song from the 00's: Don't Tell Me (21st)

15. Number of songs from the 10's: 2 (4%; I'm Addicted and Love Spent which are both album tracks)

16. Best represented albums: Bedtime Story and Ray of Light (4 tracks each)

17. Highest ranked non-single: Love Spent (#24)

18. Number of album tracks: 11 (Skin, Intervention, Love Spent, Sanctuary, 'Till Death Do Us Part, Waiting, Forbidden Love '05, Time Stood Still, Sky Fits Heaven, I Want You and I'm Addicted)

19. Number of b-side only/bonus track/unreleased songs: 0

20. Number of songs originally from a soundtrack: 5 (Beautiful Stranger, TUTBMP, Time Stood Still, I'll Remember and Crazy For You)

21. Number of songs originally from a compilation: 3 (Justify My Love, You'll See and Celebration)

22. Lowest ranked Billboard Hot 100 #1: TUTBMP (#49)

23. Albums or soundtracks that have not yielded any songs in the rankings (so far): Like A Virgin, True Blue, Who's That Girl, I'm Breathless and Evita.

25. Songs that have never been performed live: 7 (Sanctuary, 'Til Death Do Us Part, Waiting, I'll Remember, Time Stood Still, I Want You, Skin)

Looking forward to add the rest!

ParadiseNo8ed8.png

Total Points Earned: 1554

Total # of Votes: 31

Total # of Top 25 Votes: 14

Total # of Top 10 Votes: 6

Highest Ranking : #4

PapaDontPr2d96.png

Total Points Earned: 1754

Total # of Votes: 28

Total # of Top 25 Votes: 23

Total # of Top 10 Votes: 7

Highest Ranking : #3

LaIslaBoni46b2.png

Total Points Earned: 1788

Total # of Votes: 32

Total # of Top 25 Votes: 18

Total # of Top 10 Votes: 9

Highest Ranking : #2

HungUp0c88.png

Total Points Earned: 1864

Total # of Votes: 31

Total # of Top 25 Votes: 18

Total # of Top 10 Votes: 8

Total # of #1 Votes: 1

Holiday8938.png

Total Points Earned: 1874

Total # of Votes: 32

Total # of Top 25 Votes: 23

Total # of Top 10 Votes: 6

Highest Ranking: #2

I was the sole member to put Beautiful Stranger at #1. :lol:

And I was one of the feew members to put Burning Up at its highest rank of #2 and Waiting at its highest rank of #4. :fag:

Sorry but Don't Tell Me not making the top 20 (at least) is unforgivable fellow MNationers. (It hurts even more after reading mnino's stats that it was the most voted for song!) :americanlife:

6 of my songs featured in 41-50

10 of my songs featured in 31-40

6 of my songs featured in 30-21

4 of my songs featured in 20-16

Was IssacHarris the one that put GI2M at #1? :1251:

LOVE the person who put Cherish at #1. :wow:

Fabulous work Mooncrown11 and jimmyjimmy.

tumblr_m28j3t5Yy31qezxsoo1_500.gif

Awesome! Here's an update:

1. Song most voted: Don't Tell Me (28 votes; 57% of votes)

3. Songs in the most Top 25 lists: Intervention (15 lists each)

4. Songs in the least Top 25 lists: Celebration, I'm Addicted and TUTBMP (7 lists each)

5. Songs in the most Top 10 lists: Oh Father (9 lists each)

7. Number of songs that were ranked #1: 10 songs (Beautiful Stranger, Physical Attraction, Forbidden Love '05, Lucky Star, Nothing Really Matters, Time Stood Still, TUTBMP, Cherish, Intervention, Bad Girl and Give It 2 Me).

9. Number of songs from the 80's: 7 (14%)

10. Highest ranked song from the 80's: Oh Father (23rd)

13. Number of songs from the 00's: 8 (16%)

14. Highest ranked song from the 00's: Don't Tell Me (21st)

15. Number of songs from the 10's: 2 (0.04%; I'm Addicted and Love Spent which are both album tracks)

16. Best represented albums: Bedtime Story and Ray of Light (4 tracks each)

17. Highest ranked non-single: Love Spent (#24)

18. Number of album tracks: 11 (Skin, Intervention, Love Spent, Sanctuary, 'Till Death Do Us Part, Waiting, Forbidden Love '05, Time Stood Still, Sky Fits Heaven, I Want You and I'm Addicted)

20. Number of songs originally from a soundtrack: 5 (Beautiful Stranger, TUTBMP, Time Stood Still, I'll Remember and Crazy For You)

21. Number of songs originally from a compilation: 3 (Justify My Love, You'll See and Celebration)

23. Albums or soundtracks that have not yielded any songs in the rankings (so far): Like A Virgin, True Blue, Who's That Girl, I'm Breathless and Evita.

25. Songs that have never been performed live: 7 (Sanctuary, 'Til Death Do Us Part, Waiting, I'll Remember, Time Stood Still, I Want You, Skin)

Cool !!! Love those stats! :)

You forgot OH FATHER for a song that were ranked # 1...

Here's an update:

1. Songs most voted: Holiday and La Isla Bonita (32 votes; 65% of votes)

3. Songs in the most Top 25 lists: Holiday and Papa Don't Preach (23 lists each)

5. Songs in the most Top 10 lists: Oh Father and La Isla Bonita (9 lists each)

7. Number of songs that were ranked #1: 13 songs (Oh Father, Hung Up, Beautiful Stranger, Physical Attraction, Forbidden Love '05, Lucky Star, Nothing Really Matters, Time Stood Still, TUTBMP, Cherish, Intervention, Bad Girl and Give It 2 Me) [Only of these has been voted #1 by more than one person so far: Oh Father].

9. Number of songs from the 80's: 10 (20%)

10. Highest ranked song from the 80's: Holiday (16th)

13. Number of songs from the 00's: 10 (20%)

14. Highest ranked song from the 00's: Hung Up (17th)

15. Number of songs from the 10's: 2 (4%; I'm Addicted and Love Spent which are both album tracks)

16. Best represented albums: Madonna, Bedtime Story and Ray of Light (4 tracks each)

17. Highest ranked non-single: Paradise [Not For Me] (#20)

18. Number of album tracks: 12 (Paradise [Not For Me], Skin, Intervention, Love Spent, Sanctuary, 'Till Death Do Us Part, Waiting, Forbidden Love '05, Time Stood Still, Sky Fits Heaven, I Want You and I'm Addicted)

23. Albums or soundtracks that have not yielded any songs in the rankings (so far): Like A Virgin, Who's That Girl, I'm Breathless and Evita.

Cool !!! Love those stats! :)

You forgot OH FATHER for a song that were ranked # 1...

Thanks Runa, I corrected it.

I was the sole member to put Beautiful Stranger at #1. :lol:

And I was one of the feew members to put Burning Up at its highest rank of #2 and Waiting at its highest rank of #4. :fag:

Waiting was my #4 too! :thumbsup:

If the countdown criteria was only the amount of votes and how many Top 25 lists it appears then the Top 10 so far would look like this:

Ranking/Song/# of Votes/# of Top 25 Lists

1 Holiday 32 23

2 La Isla Bonita 32 18

3 Hung Up 31 18

4 Paradise (Not For Me) 31 14

5 Papa Don't Preach 28 23

6 Don't Tell Me 28 14

7 Love Spent 26 13

8 Cherish 25 14

9 Give It 2 Me 25 11

10 Justify My Love 25 9

My prediction: Get Together is going to end up being the highest rated song on the list that wasn't a MAJOR smash compared to the likes of Vogue, Like A Prayer etc. It's already going to outrank Hung Up, Papa, La Isla... :ohmy:

I recall it being high up in many people's lists on here, and it ranked at #9 on the Top 40 that we did in 2013. It seems Get Together is the most recent classic that people keep going back to :wow: She NEEDS to perform this again on the next tour!