Living For Love (Dubtronic Extended Version) - new video

Here's the thing... it's very rare that an actual remix improves upon an original. Some examples of this would be "Let It Will Be" Paper Faces Mix and "What It Feels Like For a Girl" Above & Beyond Mix. If you're not going to improve on something, why bother? I think every remix package released should have an extended version of the original track because that's what I usually love best. They take all the best elements of the song and isolate them, rearrange them, etc to give you a longer, refreshed listening experience of a song you already know and love. Dubtronic, this LFL mix is probably the best extended version I've ever heard. You not only captured the emotion of the song, but you removed the annoying effects that were added to her vocals that actually keep the original from achieving its potential heights (IMO). You should seriously be commissioned by Madonna to do this for every single she releases!

Here's the thing... it's very rare that an actual remix improves upon an original. Some examples of this would be "Let It Will Be" Paper Faces Mix and "What It Feels Like For a Girl" Above & Beyond Mix. If you're not going to improve on something, why bother? I think every remix package released should have an extended version of the original track because that's what I usually love best. They take all the best elements of the song and isolate them, rearrange them, etc to give you a longer, refreshed listening experience of a song you already know and love. Dubtronic, this LFL mix is probably the best extended version I've ever heard. You not only captured the emotion of the song, but you removed the annoying effects that were added to her vocals that actually keep the original from achieving its potential heights (IMO). You should seriously be commissioned by Madonna to do this for every single she releases!

Would love to to that . Waiting for the call ;)

I really miss these types of extended remixes. You did a fantastic job. It's better than the original and feels a lot more epic! Great job! :)

I agree! Every Madonna single should have an official extended mix!

I agree that this is better than any version of the song! Love how clear her vocals are and how epic it sounds. Great job Dubtronic! :)

The unbelievably high level of "amazingness" reached by Dubtronic with his take on the song is further proof that Diplo was not the best choice as far as the production of Living For Love. He misses a big opportunity with this track. He was sitting on a Ferrari but unfortunately he didn't know how to drive it. Living For Love is such an amazing song with such unbelievable potential. It did deserve a producer with a totally different sensibility.

He did a good joh with Unapologetic Bitch and Bitch I'm Madonna because those are his territory but Living For Love? Well, definitely out of his range. What's shocking is that out of many possible things, what Living for Love lacks is just...Love, which obviously is a paradox for a song called Living for Love. Of course, it's not missing Madonna's love. There's more than plenty of that. What it lacks is Diplo's love. His true, his real, his heartfelt love. What he did with the song appears to be a "neat" job as far as the plain execution of his production duty but his love, his passion, his excitement....well, they are not there. No wonder he never talks about the song and he never seemed to be much excited about the track. After all he didn't play it during his set on BBC Radio 1. He probably felt restrained as he would have taken the song in another direction or he would have probably preferred to work on other songs.

Speaking of Dubtronic, however, it's a totally different story. His love and passion for the song exude from each and every second of his version. Each variation, each sound, it all serves as a way for him to express how much he loves the song and how humbly he is at the service of helping the song soar and reach higher levels.

It's all about love, guys. And Dubtronic surely demonstrates that he is indeed living for love.

Great job!

The unbelievably high level of "amazingness" reached by Dubtronic with his take on the song is further proof that Diplo was not the best choice as far as the production of Living For Love. He misses a big opportunity with this track. He was sitting on a Ferrari but unfortunately he didn't know how to drive it. Living For Love is such an amazing song with such unbelievable potential. It did deserve a producer with a totally different sensibility.

He did a good joh with Unapologetic Bitch and Bitch I'm Madonna because those are his territory but Living For Love? Well, definitely out of his range. What's shocking is that out of many possible things, what Living for Love lacks is just...Love, which obviously is a paradox for a song called Living for Love. Of course, it's not missing Madonna's love. There's more than plenty of that. What it lacks is Diplo's love. His true, his real, his heartfelt love. What he did with the song appears to be a "neat" job as far as the plain execution of his production duty but his love, his passion, his excitement....well, they are not there. No wonder he never talks about the song and he never seemed to be much excited about the track. After all he didn't play it during his set on BBC Radio 1. He probably felt restrained as he would have taken the song in another direction or he would have probably preferred to work on other songs.

Speaking of Dubtronic, however, it's a totally different story. His love and passion for the song exude from each and every second of his version. Each variation, each sound, it all serves as a way for him to express how much he loves the song and how humbly he is at the service of helping the song soar and reach higher levels.

It's all about love, guys. And Dubtronic surely demonstrates that he is indeed living for love.

Great job!

:clap: I just can't get over how good his version is. AMAZING.

Great job!

Totally agree with this. Can you imagine Stuart or Mirwais giving their touch? :dramatic:

Great job!

I honestly do not agree with this at all. I think that the original track is just fine and the extended adds on to it. I guess Im in the minority. It's timeless to me and I'm happy when I listen to the official version and the remix.

Great job!

Great Read. Thank you Mr_BoogieWoogie !!!!!!

Great job!

great!!!

I have a question for you, Dub. I know it's a bit off-topic, but I remember a remix you created right before Celebration - the single - was released. If I remember correctly, it was named Waiting For Celebration Remix and it featured a fantastic breakdown that reminded me of the Ibiza dance sound. I used to have it on my computer but for some unknown reason I can no longer find it. Do you still have it? If so, may I download it somewhere? Thanks in advance. For me it's still the best remix of Celebration.

I have a question for you, Dub. I know it's a bit off-topic, but I remember a remix you created right before Celebration - the single - was released. If I remember correctly, it was named Waiting For Celebration Remix and it featured a fantastic breakdown that reminded me of the Ibiza dance sound. I used to have it on my computer but for some unknown reason I can no longer find it. Do you still have it? If so, may I download it somewhere? Thanks in advance. For me it's still the best remix of Celebration.

Oh, I remember this one. That's the time when I used to do mash ups! The funny thing is, I was thinking about doing my own Celebration remix recently

here it is :

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/vhxlxs

• 2 weeks later...

Me, too. I think the BIG difference between this extended mix (lovingly done by Dubtronic) is that you can tell he really respects and loves Madonna's music. I don't get the impression (apart from the Djemba Djemba and Eric Morillo remixes) that the other remixers respect the song and Madonna's craft enough to deliver.