I have this feeling...

I think you're overthinking it. The reason there's no promo or anything yet is because for whatever reason they're clearly determined to stick to the original schedule despite the leaks.

That's just it. The announcement was already made. The song is hitting radio on feb 10th.

First single: LFL

2nd single: Rebel Heart (video released in April when album was supposed to come out).

3rd single: Unapologetic Btich (official song of the summer of 2015 followed by controversial performance of UB/BIM with Nick Minaj at the VMAs)

4th single: Ghosttown (comes out late in November with an epic video and the announcement of 2016 Summer Tour)

5th single: Joan of Arc (video released the day after the Grammy's acoustic performance of the song and M winning a few awards for RH)

Pretty sure Living for love will be release as an official single Feb 9th!! Did guy said earlier than the song will be send to radio in Feb??? We can buy it but the single only is not officially out. They wait for the after Grammy's buzz.

The release of LFL was weird because it was last minute and they were not prepared for such event, but it IS the 1st single, it will be the 1st video and the 1st live performance of the era

Of course she'll perform "Living for Love," it's a no-brainer at this point I'd say. She may sing a bar or two of another song before launching into "Living for Love," but LFL will be the main perf I think.

Radio IS playing it. Also a lot of stations can't play songs until closer to the release date

Honestly sometimes it's best to give up on some people. The way some people talk here you'd think the song has already come and gone. It's already got over 600 plays on UK radio for feck's sake! :wow:

Honestly sometimes it's best to give up on some people. The way some people talk here you'd think the song has already come and gone. It's already got over 600 plays on UK radio for feck's sake! :wow:

Indeed. People were already looking for a new single by like, Xmas day.

"She released it too early!!!!"

Lord. She took half the top ten (and #11) on iTunes, which I don't think ever happened before, and still some were buthurt.

I have this feeling. It's not based on anything real, but this feeling. That she's going to perform another song at the Grammys. That the first single isnt' Living For Love.

Everything is so weird. And makes no sense at all. Everything goes directly to Rebel Heart, the song, is the first single.

1. Rebel Heart was the first song leaked, but it wasn't included in that first bunch of songs on sale in iTunes.

2. Why did she include Living For Love in that first bunch of songs, why not saving the final version to be released in February?

3. Why isn't radio stations playing it? Why don't we have an official single cover? And official physical cd to be pre-ordered?

This is just a feeling and i surely am wrong. If it's true that they have to make so many decisions on 18 december maybe they didn't calculate what it meant to put a song on iTunes that should have been sold on February. But truth is that some things don't add up!

Yes that is making sense. I was thinking it could be Rebel Heart but she tagged Diplo on a Grammy Instagram and he wasn't involved with that one was he?

I think you could be right that it might not be LFL though.

I can't post photos on here but if I could I would post a photo of her with Toby Gad in the studio (after the leaks) and also one of her with the female photographer where she said something about being a Cosmo Girl (again post leaks).

In both photos she has the same "you should be worried, I'm up to something" look with her finger up at her mouth in a mocking nervous kind of way.

These things made me feel plans have been changing a lot behind the scenes since all of the leaks. So who knows what's going on.

I can't post photos on here but if I could I would post a photo of her with Toby Gad in the studio (after the leaks) and also one of her with the female photographer where she said something about being a Cosmo Girl (again post leaks).

In both photos she has the same "you should be worried, I'm up to something" look with her finger up at her mouth in a mocking nervous kind of way.

These things made me feel plans have been changing a lot behind the scenes since all of the leaks. So who knows what's going on.

14-12-23-madonna-ellen-von-unwerth.jpg

It does end too quickly. That last chorus is just glorious and uplifting and then... BAM, it's over. Needs a few more choruses at the end with some ad-lib.

I'm sure that many of the leaked demos are very short edits. It's suspicious that most of them are 3:30 - 4:30 - that's typical radio format. The demos were obviously edited to get examined by the label or producers.

Let's not forget the song hasn't been released in the UK yet and it's available for pre-order, released 22nd feb.

Why exactly would Madonna NOT perform her lead single the week before it's released?

*scratches head*

Next thread : "Is Madonna really releasing a new album?"

britney-face-2.jpg

Madonna will NEVER pretend a first single is a buzz single. She's not Mimiphant. It will never happen. Ever.

To Mariah, a buzz single = one box of Franzia.

Sorry, couldn't resist.