I have this feeling...

I have this feeling. It's not based on anything real, but this feeling. That she's going to perform another song at the Grammys. That the first single isnt' Living For Love.

Everything is so weird. And makes no sense at all. Everything goes directly to Rebel Heart, the song, is the first single.

1. Rebel Heart was the first song leaked, but it wasn't included in that first bunch of songs on sale in iTunes.

2. Why did she include Living For Love in that first bunch of songs, why not saving the final version to be released in February?

3. Why isn't radio stations playing it? Why don't we have an official single cover? And official physical cd to be pre-ordered?

This is just a feeling and i surely am wrong. If it's true that they have to make so many decisions on 18 december maybe they didn't calculate what it meant to put a song on iTunes that should have been sold on February. But truth is that some things don't add up!

You never know. I do think LFL will still be the first single, but that it may not have the staying power that RH would. So, we'll see! What I do think is strange, as silly and insignficant as it may seem, is how Siri is able to identify Rebel Heart (well, and WOAM). Why would that song be registered in whatever database Siri searches, but not any of the other demos? Unless it was originally planned as the first single and then changed to LFL.

I think the released LFL is a very short edited "preview" version and the official one is much longer. The choir at the end screams for much more LAP-action. In my opinion it's a perfect 1st single. An epic video could cause a miracle...

It does end too quickly. That last chorus is just glorious and uplifting and then... BAM, it's over. Needs a few more choruses at the end with some ad-lib.

Is there some sort of subconscious animus to the song where people just really don't want it to be the first single (other than the people that already dislike it)....? Why this constant questioning of LFL?

maybe the vocals in the beginning.. other than that I don't see how anyone can think it's not first single material. it's in your face yet not try hard. it's positive with no cringe worthy or controversial lyrics. i love the demo of rebel heart, but it's just kinda "there". it's not as exciting even though it's a fantastic song. and ghost town is amazing, but it's no Frozen or Live to tell. UB would be horrible. (not that it's a bad song, but lets be honest it wouldn't work. the "bitch" alone in the title is enough for people not to give it a proper chance. just being direct and to the point here. I think the performances and the video will bring the song the extra fire and punch it may need to convince the doubters.

Are we discussing the Grammy performance or the #REAL first single here? I'm confused

we are discussing karbatal's inner gut... so anything goes... it's not like this is the Grammys thread or 1st single thread...

Is there some sort of subconscious animus to the song where people just really don't want it to be the first single (other than the people that already dislike it)....? Why this constant questioning of LFL?

Nope. I love LFL and don't even know how the final version of RH is.

But this is the first time that a first Madonna single has been released without knowing the cover and not having an explosion in radio stations. It's WEIRD.

why did she release the song on December the 20th? As i said, maybe it was a rush decision and that's why it was done that way and full stop. But to be fair, they could have released just 5 songs, or another song, and nobody would have listened to the final version of Living For Love and they could have waited until february to release it.

Nope. I love LFL and don't even know how the final version of RH is.

But this is the first time that a first Madonna single has been released without knowing the cover and not having an explosion in radio stations. It's WEIRD.

it will catch on as the Grammys nears...

I still believe REBEL HEART was indeed the first single (and the plans were drop thanks to the losers who leaked it) and LIVING FOR LOVE the last-minute choice.

it wasn't last-minute actually... as early as December it was already announced LFL as the first single...

I still believe REBEL HEART was indeed the first single (and the plans were drop thanks to the losers who leaked it) and LIVING FOR LOVE the last-minute choice.

I think it changed from Unapologetic Bitch (based on Diplo's interviews) to LFL. Who knows really...

I actually think all 6 songs are single worthy. I haven't heard anything beyond the snippett of RH to know if it is single worthy.

Does anyone think the 6 songs are going to change on the album's debut? I just have a feeling the album is going to sound new in spite of the leaked songs.

I think you're overthinking it. The reason there's no promo or anything yet is because for whatever reason they're clearly determined to stick to the original schedule despite the leaks.

Yes!

There's no reason to release the single and send it to the radios in december if the promo is not ready (video, Grammy performance). Living for Love was released as a track along 5 other songs for the fans to fight the leaks, and with the Grammys it will be officially released as a single with promo.

Rebel Heart will be the second single and will be released when the album is released (Frozen = Living for Love, Ray of Light = Rebel Heart).

As i said, i may be entirely wrong. I will be very happy if Living For Love is the first single. In fact, i find LFL far more refreshing than RH, because i love having old-school Madonna again!

There is every reason for LFL to be the first single. Its the best "song" single she's done since Music (yes i include Hung Up in that), and it hits exactly the sort of tone she should be aiming for with this record. I agree that with the Grammy's related promo the coverage and profile of the single will pick up massively.

I think she was quite clear when the six tracks were released that these were the six that were definitely finished and had no question marks over their inclusion on the album. Im guessing Rebel Heart wasnt included as it was deemed unfinished, and/or they felt it was one of the trump songs on the album, and wanted to hold it in reserve in its latest incarnation!

Karby, I think you overthink it. This is not her first rodeo. I'm pretty sure she has everything planned out. Grammy is a great boost for her album and LFL. You know, she can't just rely on her IG to sell her music. MDNA got Superbowl. RH gets Grammy's. We should be happy that the bitch decides to perform or at least show her face to the big events.