Louise Oriole Appreciation

XXL

I think this is my favourite Madonna video or at least my equal favourite. Louise Oriole is mysterious, beautiful, sad, lonely and lovely. Madonna looks like a Goddess in this video. The hair, the clothes and the general way she carries herself throughout the video clip. I also love Christopher Walken as her weary guardian Angel.

Said this in another thread, but this video made me want to get drunk, smoke cigs and fuck random guys in my fabulous apartment after a long day dressed like a boss at my awesome job.

Totally took away the wrong message.

The part where her guardian angel tears up because he knows she's about to die gets me every time :(

Said this in another thread, but this video made me want to get drunk, smoke cigs and fuck random guys in my fabulous apartment after a long day dressed like a boss at my awesome job.

Amen sista! :sassy:

I feel like a bit of a flop fan but who is Louise Oriole? I could write a book with the knowledge I've developed over the last 25 years but I've drawn a blank here. Wasn't this also the name of her first Hollywood Hills home?

The name of her character in the Bad Girl video. It's on the sign on her office door.

OMG. This is probably my favorite video of hers ever. It is ART. Atmospheric, beautiful, sad, but with a clear message behind it that exemplifies and extends the themes in the lyrics. Oh father, vogue, Bedtime Story, express yourself, all classic video. But this one blows me away!

We used to have a great member who posted here called Louise Oriole. Hoping that a lot of the passionate members who don't post now will return for the new era.

I wonder who thought up the name of Louis Oriole for the video and I love that a Madonna character for a video clip has an actual name.

This was by far my favourite video of hers, it's like a movie and everything about it was perfect. I remember when I first saw it, not only did I love the song, but the video made it so much better. It was a disappointment that it didn't chart higher, but at the time she was really facing a backlash, I remember a lot of people were really put off by the Sex book (not me though).

The part where her guardian angel tears up because he knows she's about to die gets me every time :(

Amen sista! :sassy:

Hallelujah!

Love this video. Fincher and M. were a great pair.

The name of her character in the Bad Girl video. It's on the sign on her office door.

I read somewhere it's also the name she used to use to check into hotel rooms when she was married to Sean Penn. It was formed from her middle name and the street they used to live on (Oriole St or Ave)

For me this song/ video exemplifies M's bridge from narcissist to humanist. A beautiful piece of work which has been vastly underrated.

Intriguing, I'm interested to hear you expand on this! :elite:

We used to have a great member who posted here called Louise Oriole. Hoping that a lot of the passionate members who don't post now will return for the new era.

I wonder who thought up the name of Louis Oriole for the video and I love that a Madonna character for a video clip has an actual name.

Oriole is also a type of bird, which makes a lot of sense in regards to the semantics of the bad girl video clip: caged and freedom

I'm pretty sure one of her homes was on Oriole Way in Los Angeles. Christopher used to refer to one of her homes as the 'Oriole Way home' in his book.

Yes, that's it! I wish I could remember where I read it... I think it was some old interview I'd come across, but don't remember where or when it was from

I read somewhere it's also the name she used to use to check into hotel rooms when she was married to Sean Penn. It was formed from her middle name and the street they used to live on (Oriole St or Ave)

I didn't know about Oriole being a reference to a previous address :D

Oriole is also a type of bird, which makes a lot of sense in regards to the semantics of the bad girl video clip: caged and freedom

Thanks Ivy, I had never heard of an Oriole before, well apart from Madonna as Louise Oriole in Bad Girl. :laugh: