Rebel Heart sold around 50,000 - 60k pre orders to date in the US

I think so, too, and I most certainly hope so. February is going to be Madonna month. She'll be everywhere.

Are the pre-orders of 50-60K just iTunes?

Yup! US ITunes.

Yup! US ITunes.

Sweet. Thank you. 60K for an avenue with 60% of the digital market (sales) and just pre-orders...

First week could be bigger than I thought.

So excited for RH. C'mon March 10.

on the subject of 50-60k preorder for rebel heart, let's also be reminded that hard candy sold 100k on the first day of sales, and that of course includes pre-orders.

Is it possible that more people than normal (last time) have gotten the pre-order because of the instant-grat songs? In which case you could potentially expect less purchases at release time?

Will it help if she does CD signing or something?

I dunno, how many can she sign in one sitting?

you guys do know she sold more than 220k worldwide in pre orders right? that's what im hearing anyway. i don't think MDNA had that many.

Sounds about right considering her US sales.

Such high numbers guarantee that the next song they release on i-tunes is going to hit no1 pretty much on every country where an i-tunes store operates. The US included. More exposure.

:tigger:

And if they are smart, they will release a new song every week leading to the album release. That way, Madonna will hit no1 on all i-tunes stores around the world every week with multiple songs and get A LOT of exposure.

Didn't you just say this.... :huh:

He uses that website a lot and thinks that being no1 in Greece, Hungary and Honduras is a big deal. I-tunes is not big in non-english speaking countries. You need to sell like 5 copies to chart high.

I hear it too, I thought it was intentional though and I like it, things really aren't that bad with the songs idgi

What paper sound? I thought that's just the sound of her wetting her mouth to start singing.

on the subject of 50-60k preorder for rebel heart, let's also be reminded that hard candy sold 100k on the first day of sales, and that of course includes pre-orders.

That figure was not the total of the first week, but only at Billboard closing time,

Unweighted sales for the Warner Bros. album from the Building Chart's panel of reporters through the close of business Tuesday, April 29, stood at 100,000. However, sources close to the Madonna project indicate that with much of "Hard Candy's" first-day figure driven by iTunes sales, its full sales week could end up closer to the range of 225,000-250,000.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1045695/first-day-sales-put-madonna-on-track-for-7th-no-1

It actually ended up totalling 280 in the US for the first week

Keep in mind that was a long time ago, the sales climate in the music industry has decreased significantly since then

First Week Sales U.S.

COADF 350K

HC 280K

MDNA 359K

It's all about second week nowadays. If you sell far less on second week you have the flop label on your back for the rest of the days.

We fans should arrange ourselves and buy the album in different weeks :lmao::lmao:

It's all about second week nowadays. If you sell far less on second week you have the flop label on your back for the rest of the days.

We fans should arrange ourselves and buy the album in different weeks :lmao::lmao:

:lmao: sad thing is I am sure that other fan bases do this

That figure was not the total of the first week, but only at Billboard closing time,

when i mentioned the hard candy first day sales figure in usa, what i was trying to show was that rebel heart, still about 2 months away from it's release, is a mere 40k away from that 100k first day sale figure. yes i do know that the 100k is from the first day, and i did write that in the line you quoted from me.

Why are you guys so concerned about 2nd week sales now, MDNA's record has been unfortunately etched... right now, first week sales is always the most important to ensure #1 status... it makes for better press... not making it to #1 is a lot more negative than making a 2nd week drop record...

who is she competing against on March 10?

SNL would be great. She hasn't performed on there for a very long time. I think a Letterman appearance is inevitable since he's retiring, although I would love to see her talk to Jimmy Fallon. I don't think doing both is "allowed." So my bet is Letterman. Unless she does Fallon in Feb/Mar and then Letterman's final show? That would be kick-ass - like Bette Midler doing Johnny's last show.

It would also be cool if she did The View now that Rosie's back.

This is why releasing an album in the fall around the holidays is helpful. She's not going to get little boosts along the way like she would had she released the album last November (or next November).

Guest HaveASit

I just read a fan saying that the album is supposedly going to press tomorrow. I doubt, it takes more time to make a proper mastering and mixing.

Did anybody hear something like that?

I just read a fan saying that the album is supposedly going to press tomorrow. I doubt, it takes more time to make a proper mastering and mixing.

Did anybody hear something like that?

You can be sure it's not "going to" anyone. They might have to do a listening party for press that has long lead times (like monthly publications like Spin), but most press won't be hearing it until February is my guess.

Everyone in here freaking out about sales :lmao: I want the album to do well also, but please. Madonna will be fine. I can't wait until the official snippets are posted :dramatic:

Totally. She's already Madonna. She doesn't have to sell one copy more to secure an amazing legacy, but we all want her new work to meet the acclaim it deserves, even without hearing the full thing.

So far, it's been an amazing reception considering the storm surrounding it.