Rebel Heart sold around 50,000 - 60k pre orders to date in the US

i find this a bit too optimistic, record sales in general are lower than in 2012

theres no ticket bundle in USA which helped a lot (some other countries had this as well)

200k first week USA maybe a little below

I guess it all depends how many times she performs on TV and if any of the songs will become a hit

Positive buzz and great reviews help too, but then again, MDNA had those too at the early stage

my estimation from mdna's usa first week sale is that it would have sold around 200k to 220k without the bundle (cause some people would have bought the album if it didnt come in the ticket bundle), this figure i reviewed and extrapolated from the other hc and mdna worldwide figures and usa figures in total and in first week sales. since the usa preorder of rebel heart has apparently already equaled or surpassed that of mdna with 2 more months to go, and with way more significant promotions expected, as well as very likely being a better reviewed album than her previous 2 efforts or even being critically acclaimed (mdna's early stage acclaim was from producer's and acquaintances' hype and we didnt really hear anything, but now we heard something), i deduced from these 3 positive factor that it would put the sales at 250k or even above. i agree it greatly depends on the promotions, but from what we heard, music, promotional directions and pre-order sales, i think it's safe to say that the sales is currently pointed towards a very positive direction.

The decision to launch the songs has been a success. So, Madonna decided to go back to her previous plan and release the single on Valentine 14th February. What's wrong with that? It's her album and her single.

I don't know you, but singles charts don't matter anymore. It's all about listening to the song in different places and making an impact. And selling ALBUMS. If Rebel Heart the album sells like Hard Candy, she can be satisfied, even if the singles aren'¡t even in the top 100.

Nobody looks at charts anymore, except haters to label an album a flop.

The only thing wrong with it is that she released the single. It's out there. Now, if you're right that singles and charts don't matter anymore, it wouldn't be a problem. Why is she bothering to promote it at all? But it does matter. Each day that goes by without promo, the less likely LFL will be any kind of hit, whether you define that as 4M (decent airplay support and great sales) or HU (very little airplay but decent sales and fan support). The reason this matters is because while fans can go on and on and on about how "charts" don't matter," the fact is that they don't matter to YOU, but they still matter to the industry (which decides what to play on the radio, what to license to movies, what to nominate for awards) and it matters to public perception, ALL of which are ingredients for a hit album. Yes, hits and awards don't matter. Right. Madonna's legacy is cemented. Who cares? If you feel that way, fine. But in the real world, if the album is deemed unsuccessful, that's what it will be.

The only thing wrong with it is that she released the single. It's out there. Now, if you're right that singles and charts don't matter anymore, it wouldn't be a problem. Why is she bothering to promote it at all? But it does matter. Each day that goes by without promo, the less likely LFL will be any kind of hit, whether you define that as 4M (decent airplay support and great sales) or HU (very little airplay but decent sales and fan support). The reason this matters is because while fans can go on and on and on about how "charts" don't matter," the fact is that they don't matter to YOU, but they still matter to the industry (which decides what to play on the radio, what to license to movies, what to nominate for awards) and it matters to public perception, ALL of which are ingredients for a hit album. Yes, hits and awards don't matter. Right. Madonna's legacy is cemented. Who cares? If you feel that way, fine. But in the real world, if the album is deemed unsuccessful, that's what it will be.

What to nominate for rewards? Albums with no hits have still garnered Grammy noms.

The 6 released rushed songs, not making it clear to the general public what's the first single (some people still doesn't have a clue about LFL and believe Rebel Heart was the first single) and other elements could hurt the sales.

The video and the live performance of LFL is the key at this moment. Too much mess going on with no official word on the matter facts. Where's the heavy promo for Living For Love?

180K is my prediction.

I believe that she still can remaster those 6 six songs (if it's right what you are saying) one more time, as the pre order allows the album's content change until the release

If this is so will we get the remastered versions as well and it will add to the tracks we bought? RH is actually the first album I bought in iTunes so I don't know how this works.

If this is so will we get the remastered versions as well and it will add to the tracks we bought? RH is actually the first album I bought in iTunes so I don't know how this works.

me too... it's new in iTunes Philippines... I hope they add tv shows soon...

Fans can promote on social media. I have Madonna fans from around the world on my Facebook. I'm not going to be made to feel bad or juvenile for posting about Madonna on my page. Is it really that different from all the people who go on endlessly about football or hockey or their pets on my newsfeed? I certainly don't think so. And I have had non fans and older fans message me and say "I liked Living For Love youtube clip you posted a lot," so you know what, that may translate to a sale for Madonna. I don't mind doing my part to promote great music, it's not as though it's interfering with my life or causing any harm.

Fans can promote on social media. I have Madonna fans from around the world on my Facebook. I'm not going to be made to feel bad or juvenile for posting about Madonna on my page. Is it really that different from all the people who go on endlessly about football or hockey or their pets on my newsfeed? I certainly don't think so. And I have had non fans and older fans message me and say "I liked Living For Love youtube clip you posted a lot," so you know what, that may translate to a sale for Madonna. I don't mind doing my part to promote great music, it's not as though it's interfering with my life or causing any harm.

yes, we should always MADONNA-fy our environment...

The 6 released rushed songs, not making it clear to the general public what's the first single (some people still doesn't have a clue about LFL and believe Rebel Heart was the first single) and other elements could hurt the sales.

Everything was stated in the press release and in the interviews and articles there after. If fans and media couldn't comprehend what was stated, that's their problem, and should seek out to purchase Hooked-On-Phonics as something is clearly wrong with themselves.

Everything was stated in the press release and in the interviews and articles there after. If fans and media couldn't comprehend what was stated, that's their problem, and should seek out to purchase Hooked-On-Phonics as something is clearly wrong with themselves.

Right? What's so unclear?

This. IT feels like most fans are almost ashamed of liking Madonna, it's weird how little they post about her, when there is nothing to be ashamed of, in fact the opposite. Look at GaGa fans who flood everyone's dashboards with the her daily.. I don't mean people should get to that level, but I really think GaGa seems more popular than she really is because her fans post obsessively about her everywhere, when in fact regular people don't care. Madonna fans do too little.

This. IT feels like most fans are almost ashamed of liking Madonna, it's weird how little they post about her, when there is nothing to be ashamed of, in fact the opposite. Look at GaGa fans who flood everyone's dashboards with the her daily.. I don't mean people should get to that level, but I really think GaGa seems more popular than she really is because her fans post obsessively about her everywhere, when in fact regular people don't care. Madonna fans do too little.

It's more a case of Madonna fans tending to be of the more intelligent and tolerant persuasion than other fan bases (i.e. Gaga, Mariah). It has always been this way and is probably a major factor in her longevity. Most of us have our priorities straight and the fans she does attract are a true testament to the lady herself.

Speaking for myself, I like Madonna simply because I do. I don't need to convince "non-believers" to enhance my enjoyment of her work, nor do I have time to go all up and through the interwebs in an effort to pimp off a 30+ year worldwide ICON just because it may elevate her online popularity. You admit yourself that this is a hollow statistic while imploring fans to do more.

The time I do have to talk about/obsess over M's work will be spent among other fans here who appreciate her, too, and are on board to share in the fun.

It's more a case of Madonna fans tending to be of the more intelligent and tolerant persuasion than other fan bases (i.e. Gaga, Mariah). It has always been this way and is probably a major factor in her longevity. Most of us have our priorities straight and the fans she does attract are a true testament to the lady herself.

Speaking for myself, I like Madonna simply because I do. I don't need to convince "non-believers" to enhance my enjoyment of her work, nor do I have time to go all up and through the interwebs in an effort to pimp off a 30+ year worldwide ICON just because it may elevate her online popularity. You admit yourself that this is a hollow statistic while imploring fans to do more.

The time I do have to talk about/obsess over M's work will be spent among other fans here who appreciate her, too, and are on board to share in the fun.

ALL OF THIS :clap: :clap: :clap:

I usually post a link to Spotify or Youtube when she releases something, and regularly post Spotify links to older songs. I also tweet/retweet articles. However, not everyone I know likes her so I don't want to overdo it because it can have the opposite effect.

Thank you. I buy the album and the single beforehand. I don't work on her promo team. I'm a fan, not an employee.

now that the xmas is finally OVER shouldn't the single and album move up and be playlisted?

The release date and the video are still planned for February. She wants to launch this single and era at the Grammys, it's the best she can do! Let's just wait :popcorn2:

Thank you. I buy the album and the single beforehand. I don't work on her promo team. I'm a fan, not an employee.

Yes yes! We leave the blowjob offers to other fanbases, our queen has no need of our help to promote herself and be successful :laugh:

I usually post a link to Spotify or Youtube when she releases something, and regularly post Spotify links to older songs. I also tweet/retweet articles. However, not everyone I know likes her so I don't want to overdo it because it can have the opposite effect.

Yes, this is the sort of thing I do. Posted the youtube clip of LFL, and I will share a couple of the best reviews of the album when they appear. It literally takes fifteen seconds, it might turn a couple of people on to her music, and honestly, it's far more interesting than most of what I see on my news feeds lol.

Yes, so true. I would hate it to see Madonna fans acting like teenage brats involved in stan wars.

I enjoy seeing Madonna fans love and post about Madonna on their facebook pages but they are enthusiastic and always talk of other things as well. They never come across as obsessional or try to convince others to like her, unlike some of the new fan bases. They are well rounded and intelligent people who also love Madonna - most Madonna fans are. :laugh:

I also only want to talk Madonna with other fans and that is why this forum is such a blessing. I don't want to waste my time talking about Madonna to people that dislike Madonna and it is not my place to convince them.

Yes, so true. I would hate it to see Madonna fans acting like teenage brats involved in stan wars.

I enjoy seeing Madonna fans love and post about Madonna on their facebook pages but they are enthusiastic and always talk of other things as well. They never come across as obsessional or try to convince others to like her, unlike some of the new fan bases. They are well rounded and intelligent people who also love Madonna - most Madonna fans are. :laugh:

I also only want to talk Madonna with other fans and that is why this forum is such a blessing. I don't want to waste my time talking about Madonna to people that dislike Madonna and it is not my place to convince them.

Well said. I think Madonna would be annoyed if her fans sat around doing nothing with their lives but worshiping her. She wants us out there living, working, creating, and trying to make the world a better place. You are right that it's not our responsibility to make people like Madonna. On the other hand, I don't EVER hide my love and I am proud to share her work with others. A lot of times people are surprised to learn that I love her; they almost can't fathom it. I love to let them know that her artistry is divine.

And if they are smart, they will release a new song every week leading to the album release. That way, Madonna will hit no1 on all i-tunes stores around the world every week with multiple songs and get A LOT of exposure.

But, this is too good of an idea. You know how Madonna likes to keep all of her good songs a secret and not let the general public hear them - like MDNA.

It doesn't have to be the best songs. Any song is going to hit no1 with such presale numbers. It would be fantastic to have a new no1 song on i-tunes every week before the album comes out.

Thank god, a bit of common sense in this thread.

Love you Mattress. And love your unconditional love for the Queen. :)

I'm being optimistic with the push of Grammy's and traditional promo this time. With almost 3-month pre-order period, I think we can the first week sales number somewhere between 180k to 225k.

the numbers will be impressive this time around

I think so, too, and I most certainly hope so. February is going to be Madonna month. She'll be everywhere.

Are the pre-orders of 50-60K just iTunes?