Rebel Heart sold around 50,000 - 60k pre orders to date in the US

I sort of apologize if this offends any individual nitpickers in particular, mainly only because of the lynch mob posters who might feel the need to lash out, but really...Do you have anything else to do besides having meltdowns over the sound of a page turning? Why do you want the recordings to sound like a Glee production? Isn't there any appreciation for realism in the digital era? The unintentional sounds captured on recordings since the beginning of the medium have traditionally been revered and seen as rendering songs more authentic. I think the focus on misinformed, disposable, negative press, i.e. personal opinions written by bandwagoneer dimwits seems to get deep under the skin of a lot of people who post on here, and frankly it is weird to then exacerbate it. It's totally neurotic and really toxic too. If you find yourself feeling like this, take a break. Go for a run, or jerk off or something! It's so irritating.

Also, Living For Love does not have a vocal problem. It was obviously recorded that way in order to convey the gradual opening up of her voice as she becomes more defiant throughout the track. It is called subtlety, something people really need to revisit. I have no idea why her vocal performance seems to be so problematic to some of you. Have you never heard a filter effect before? I mean, you have been listening to Madonna all these years, haven't you? If you don't like the style of production, that's fair enough, but to imply that it was a mistake in the mixing is not only outrageous, but also rather self-aggrandizing, no? I mean, she has been working with some of the best studio experts in the business, and you think you know better?! Wow.

And finally, to the fantasy-dweller micro-managers, you do not know how to manage Madonna's career, and so please stop pretending that your 1998 vision of the music industry would better serve Madonna's business and creative acumen. You do not know anything more than any other avid fan. You are just negative and dissatisfied with your life right now, and you should focus on making better choices for yourself, and even then, you will be a better version of yourself, and not a professional career manager to the biggest star ever of whom you and I actually know very little.

Thanks.

I sort of apologize if this offends any individual nitpickers in particular, mainly only because of the lynch mob posters who might feel the need to lash out, but really...Do you have anything else to do besides having meltdowns over the sound of a page turning? Why do you want the recordings to sound like a Glee production? Isn't there any appreciation for realism in the digital era? The unintentional sounds captured on recordings since the beginning of the medium have traditionally been revered and seen as rendering songs more authentic. I think the focus on misinformed, disposable, negative press, i.e. personal opinions written by bandwagoneer dimwits seems to get deep under the skin of a lot of people who post on here, and frankly it is weird to then exacerbate it. It's totally neurotic and really toxic too. If you find yourself feeling like this, take a break. Go for a run, or jerk off or something! It's so irritating.

Also, Living For Love does not have a vocal problem. It was obviously recorded that way in order to convey the gradual opening up of her voice as she becomes more defiant throughout the track. It is called subtlety, something people really need to revisit. I have no idea why her vocal performance seems to be so problematic to some of you. Have you never heard a filter effect before? I mean, you have been listening to Madonna all these years, haven't you? If you don't like the style of production, that's fair enough, but to imply that it was a mistake in the mixing is not only outrageous, but also rather self-aggrandizing, no? I mean, she has been working with some of the best studio experts in the business, and you think you know better?! Wow.

And finally, to the fantasy-dweller micro-managers, you do not know how to manage Madonna's career, and so please stop pretending that your 1998 vision of the music industry would better serve Madonna's business and creative acumen. You do not know anything more than any other avid fan. You are just negative and dissatisfied with your life right now, and you should focus on making better choices for yourself, and even then, you will be a better version of yourself, and not a professional career manager to the biggest star ever of whom you and I actually know very little.

Thanks.

There isn't a meltdown over hearing paper. People are just saying they hear it. Some are hoping it's fixed. That's all. If you don't hear it or don't care, fine. But this forum is for everyone, not just you.

If you think LFL sounds perfect, great. But for me, I think her vocals sound really bad compared to the other songs. We have the right to our opinion. I hate having to state that over and over again, but it seems necessary. We are all fans. There isn't a need to be so defensive when we have a problem with something. We want the best for her. That's why we speak up when there's something not right.

Guy Oseary has done a HORRIBLE job as a manager! A monkey could do a better job! Are we not allowed to say that? Why not?

Is she number 1 in your book?

Do you want a number 1 to just win a game or the Artist mean a thing in this parallel world?

She s an intellectual with talent .

She s not an extention of people s need to win a contest or proove their right .

That s what me as Her fan feel .

Respect

well we have to wait and see if they'll correct it, there are other technical issues with Ghosttown, that cut at @.33

Unlikely - it's intended. Madonna already used the static vinyl noise as stylistic tool 1992 for the Erotica album to create a retro mood. You can hear that sound notably at the beginning of the Erotica single. No productions defect can result such an identical noise.

Edited by BetteDavisDub

There isn't a meltdown over hearing paper. People are just saying they hear it. Some are hoping it's fixed. That's all. If you don't hear it or don't care, fine. But this forum is for everyone, not just you.

If you think LFL sounds perfect, great. But for me, I think her vocals sound really bad compared to the other songs. We have the right to our opinion. I hate having to state that over and over again, but it seems necessary. We are all fans. There isn't a need to be so defensive when we have a problem with something. We want the best for her. That's why we speak up when there's something not right.

Guy Oseary has done a HORRIBLE job as a manager! A monkey could do a better job! Are we not allowed to say that? Why not?

Yes. Opinion. You have yours. I voiced mine.

Guest Rachelle of London

How was there a meltdown about hearing the paper turn? Most people were saying that it was intentional. I think it's done as a story telling thing. I don't get the fuss or understand where the meltdown was. There was more of a meltdown when the apologists turned up accusing people of hatin on Madonna.

Can't we discuss things like that without being called out? Madonna doesn't need defending. I think every member on here is on the same page and loves the bones off the woman and her music. This isn't ATRL where you have to stan for your fave artist.

"However, Madonna had to make sure the six songs were in finished form, so she holed up in her New York studio working on the final mixes into the wee hours of the morning of December 18. “There was no time to call any of the producers — nothing,” says Oseary. “Just her final mastering sessions.”"

So Madonna mastered the 6 tracks all by herself? I this why there are sloppy edits on LFL and GT?

So Madonna is the new Demo Castellon?! Didn't see that one coming! I love that she was so hands on, but I hope things get ironed out for the physical release.

How was there a meltdown about hearing the paper turn? Most people were saying that it was intentional. I think it's done as a story telling thing. I don't get the fuss or understand where the meltdown was. There was more of a meltdown when the apologists turned up accusing people of hatin on Madonna.

Can't we discuss things like that without being called out? Madonna doesn't need defending. I think every member on here is on the same page and loves the bones off the woman and her music. This isn't ATRL where you have to stan for your fave artist.

I never implied anyone should refrain from voicing their opinion. I read yours. I voiced mine, and you disagree. That's what a forum is all about. Not stanning on my end. I have plenty of objectivity when it comes to Madonna. I just don't think, in my opinion, that anyone on this forum, or any other for that matter, knows better when it comes to Madonna matters than Madonna herself, and as she has chosen these tracks and released them as they are, I take that to mean it is how she wanted them to sound.

Guest Rachelle of London

I never implied anyone should refrain from voicing their opinion. I read yours. I voiced mine, and you disagree. That's what a forum is all about. Not stanning on my end. I have plenty of objectivity when it comes to Madonna. I just don't think, in my opinion, that anyone on this forum, or any other for that matter, knows better when it comes to Madonna matters than Madonna herself, and as she has chosen these tracks and released them as they are, I take that to mean it is how she wanted them to sound.

Good point and I respect your opinion.

I guess people can nitpick at anything when it comes to the mix/mastering, it's common on every artists fan forum, and usually it's only when it's pointed out to me that I recognise the 'problem', I must be a really bad producer!! lol, i.e. I didn't realise how bad Prince's 80s albums sound on CD, just thought that's how it was meant to sound back then.

One thing that crossed my mind is that the first verse of BIM is really quiet, then when the build up to the chorus comes on it's really loud, but I guess this is an old fashioned thing called 'dynamics', something that has disappeared during the loud war.

Guest HaveASit

I don't see why we can't point out some miss takes here are there, especially when they are easy to be solved and most likely will.

It's not like the songs were recorded using a Nokia 1110 like MDNA seems to be. Overall the quality is great, but could be better. That's all.

:thumbsup:

I don't see why we can't point out some miss takes here are there, especially when they are easily to be solved and most likely will.

It's not like the songs were recorded using a Nokia 1110 like MDNA seems to be. Overall the quality is great, but could be better. That's all.

I don't see why we can't point out some miss takes here are there, especially when they are easily to be solved and most likely will.

I think everyone is free to point out mistakes, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus on what's a mistake and what's not, and frankly, some fans would find fault with Madonna if she shit golden apples. There's always something to complain about.

Not talking about you at all, just saying in general. (I do have a name in mind, however, but I am too motherfucking goddamn fucking classy to give it.)

At least so it seems.

Nice! fabulous pre order numbers , The die had been cast weather we like it or not Madonna and her management will do whatever they want to do. I find it better personally to just wait and see and let M surprise me with whatsoever in store for us fans. Being overly dramatic and nit picky just spoils the fun out of it. I always enjoy it more when M comes up with something unexpected and new without warning which was the case before the advent of internet . waiting for it in TV, MTV and the radio for that matter.... I say sit back and relax and let it unfold before you...

Nice! fabulous pre order numbers , The die had been cast weather we like it or not Madonna and her management will do whatever they want to do. I find it better personally to just wait and see and let M surprise me with whatsoever in store for us fans. Being overly dramatic and nit picky just spoils the fun out of it. I always enjoy it more when M comes up with something unexpected and new without warning which was the case before the advent of internet . waiting for it in TV, MTV and the radio for that matter.... I say sit back and relax and let it unfold before you...

I tend to agree. When we look back on The Catalog, we are luckier than the fans of pretty much every other artist. And the fact that some of her best is still to come. Someone said on here the other day that we really picked the right one to follow back in the day, and it's so true. We are the luckiest fucking fans of any singer on this earth.

Can someone make worldwide predictions based on the US pre-orders and the usual US/rest of the world ratio please? Can we expect 100k worldwide? 200k? More?

Some fans here know a lot about her sales, it would be good to have some predictions, I have no clue about what can be expected.

Can someone make worldwide predictions based on the US pre-orders and the usual US/rest of the world ratio please? Can we expect 100k worldwide? 200k? More?
Some fans here know a lot about her sales, it would be good to have some predictions, I have no clue about what can be expected.

I would think that it may shift around 160-250 k in the US(first week). then about 400 - 500 k (also first week) worldwide. Seeing as MDNA sold about 360,000 copies in it's first week, including copies given away with tour ticket sales from the MDNA tour. It honestly depends because we don't know what kind of promotions she will launch around March. Hopefully she will be able to get higher than MDNA this time around.

By the way, I'm new here! I was just trolling here and finally found something I could reply to! My name is Matt. Hello. :laugh:

Edited by beachprance

Hey Matt, Welcome.

I tend to agree. When we look back on The Catalog, we are luckier than the fans of pretty much every other artist. And the fact that some of her best is still to come. Someone said on here the other day that we really picked the right one to follow back in the day, and it's so true. We are the luckiest fucking fans of any singer on this earth.

:thumbsup:

I'll bet the people complaining about the intentional noises are people who also returned their copy of Music a few times because they thought the beginning of "Don't Tell Me" was the CD actually skipping...

Edited by DeMo

I just wanted to say that it was cute when people pointed out the "turning page", like Chell did. I didnt even know about it and was excited that she noticed it. I mean things like that are fun to talk about and are harmless. I am on 7th Heaven this era and I'm in some kind of awe of everything so far! But when some people spread their negativity post after post after post, bitching about LFL video, bad vocals, bad quality this or that! Girl bye!