Rebel Heart sold around 50,000 - 60k pre orders to date in the US

I have one quick question for the chart experts...

Now that we know to date we have 60k pre-orders of RH album, if she releases Joan of Arc on Feb 8, will it automatically register 60k copies sold for Joan of Arc?

That's not really how it works. It's 60K for the album and whoever pre-ordered the album will get that track added to their album automatically. The individual track sales will be based on who buys and downloads that song specifically.

Like an updated version? Mmmm i'm not sure, I remember Bey changing the name of a song or the tracklist, for the 4 album, maybe they will leave it to the album.

Madge changed also the bonus tracks and track names and track order with MDNA also..remember "Girls Gone Wild"?

:chuckle:

My thoughts exactly. I really don't see how this situation is anything to celebrate yet. The radio date for LFL is 2/10? Great, they moved it up four fucking days. They seem INTENT on sticking to their original schedule. Kudos for the 48 hour turn around, but the inflexibility w/r/t everything else is insane to me.

But it's not just Madonna here making a decision. What about: dancers, director, location, etc etc. Some fans need to take a chill pill and try to see the bigger picture. I'm sure Madonna isn't sitting at home thinking 'LOLZ now I'm trolling my fans hard with these delays'

Cool she did it herself , I see her smashing that Ipod to the floor and posting the picture on Instagram . She s so damn genuine and those so called noises in the songs are bloody gorgeous .

Cool she did it herself , I see her smashing that Ipod to the floor and posting the picture on Instagram . She s so damn genuine and those so called noises in the songs are bloody gorgeous .

Hi M.

That's not really how it works. It's 60K for the album and whoever pre-ordered the album will get that track added to their album automatically. The individual track sales will be based on who buys and downloads that song specifically.

I think it will shoot no.1 on iTunes with 60k sales, but it won't chart on Billboard Hot100 since Gaga told them to change the rules just before Madges record.

But it's not just Madonna here making a decision. What about: dancers, director, location, etc etc. Some fans need to take a chill pill and try to see the bigger picture. I'm sure Madonna isn't sitting at home thinking 'LOLZ now I'm trolling my fans hard with these delays'

Yes! Thank you.

I love people wanting the best for RH, but all the backseat driving... I am sure there's been a few meetings about the road ahead.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yes! Thank you.

I love people wanting the best for RH, but all the backseat driving... I am sure there's been a few meetings about the road ahead.

:clap:

They should release another 6 tracks in February. It would provoke more interest for the album and drive more pre-order sales. That's what I originally thought they were doing and thought it was a great last minute marketing plan. Shame it's inky going to be 1 song now :(

Guest gang bang

with 60,000 copies , rebel heart can debut on top 3 , so technically Rebel heart has 1 week on BB200

Madonna s 1,100th week in her BB200 history

:queenbitch:

Not to add fuel to the flame but I hear the paper on Ghosttown

Okay I'm gonna hide before I get crucified for hating on Madonna!!!!

I hear it too, I thought it was intentional though and I like it, things really aren't that bad with the songs idgi

Yes, some of Lana and Nicki's tracks got refined after the iTunes pre-release, so anything can happen at this point

madonna-smoke.gif

What if she sings Rebel Heart at the Grammys and drop the new single right away? LFL who?

That would actually be very smart, and game changing. And if it were Inside Out she will have a hit in her hands.

They should release another 6 tracks in February. It would provoke more interest for the album and drive more pre-order sales. That's what I originally thought they were doing and thought it was a great last minute marketing plan. Shame it's inky going to be 1 song now :(

Vadge is not leaking anymore. Tight.

:chuckle:

it was an amazing CHRISTMAS GIFT from Madonna...so it makes sense now that i think about it, that they stick to their original plan, i hate it, but i'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth *or whatever that saying is, lol*

maybe, just maybe, it will ALL work out in the end. constantly bitching and freaking out about it now is not going to change a damn thing. stop the gay panic! lol

The result of Rebel Heart's 48-hour turnaround? The album preorder topped the iTunes charts in more than 40 countries -- including the United States, where three of the six released tracks entered Billboard's Hot Dance/Electronic Songschart dated Jan. 3, despite just two days of eligibility. To date, the six tracks have sold a combined 131,000 downloads, according to Nielsen Music, with preorders for Rebel Heart at a robust (considering the situation) 50,000 to 60,000, according to industry estimates. "We know that in today's world, having a top 10 album with no promotion is really hard," Oseary says. "It's pretty... exciting isn't the right word, but it's rewarding to see it so well-received."

Read More here: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6436370/madonna-rebel-heart-leak-inside-story

Does this mean it is now sold out on iTunes?

Any noises left in the song wouldn't be anything to do with the mastering, if anything it would mean that the cutting / mixing of the song hasn't been finished, and if she had to rush release the songs it's understandable. I personally haven't heard any errors, I just think the vocals in LFL sound quite LQ.

So, what's the plan? Are they going to promote Living for Love?

Also, I find it ridiculous that Guy looks at i-tunes positions on Kworb's (ATRL owner) website to measure success and has shown the website to Madonna too. Does he realize that those number don't mean anything in most countries? You need like 2-3 copies to hit top5. What about focusing on actual official singles chart? Mess.

Also, I find it ridiculous that Guy looks at i-tunes positions on Kworb's (ATRL owner) website to measure success and has shown the website to Madonna too. Does he realize that those number don't mean anything in most countries? You need like 2-3 copies to hit top5. What about focusing on actual official singles chart? Mess.

He does? Wtf. Kworb isn't reliable at all

"However, Madonna had to make sure the six songs were in finished form, so she holed up in her New York studio working on the final mixes into the wee hours of the morning of December 18. There was no time to call any of the producers nothing, says Oseary. Just her final mastering sessions."

So Madonna mastered the 6 tracks all by herself? I this why there are sloppy edits on LFL and GT?

Now that explains a lot. Hope the rest of the songs don't suffer this.

I just hope this doesn't turn into antoher MDNA mess.

Exactly.

Guest HaveASit

I think we can be safe that her album will be properly mastered/mixed by the release time. There are still two months and the people working with her are extremely professional ( Kanye West, Blood Diamonds, Diplo etc)

He does? Wtf. Kworb isn't reliable at all

Yes he does. He uses that website a lot and thinks that being no1 in Greece, Hungary and Honduras is a big deal. I-tunes is not big in non-english speaking countries. You need to sell like 5 copies to chart high. Where is Living for Love on OFFICIAL singles charts? I know it is still early, but he did the same with MDNA.

And he showed those positions to Madonna because she posted a screenshot from the website on her FB and Instagram.

The website is 100% reliable though. It is all automated anyway so there are no errors or inaccuracies.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

geez... what kind of speakers you guys are using? the cut is quite clear in Ghosttown @.33... there's a difference between COMPLAINING and just MENTIONING kids...

Indeed, I hope they'll fix that cut, but if not, it's not the end of the world.