Rebel Heart sold around 50,000 - 60k pre orders to date in the US

The result of Rebel Heart's 48-hour turnaround? The album preorder topped the iTunes charts in more than 40 countries -- including the United States, where three of the six released tracks entered Billboard's Hot Dance/Electronic Songschart dated Jan. 3, despite just two days of eligibility. To date, the six tracks have sold a combined 131,000 downloads, according to Nielsen Music, with preorders for Rebel Heart at a robust (considering the situation) 50,000 to 60,000, according to industry estimates. "We know that in today's world, having a top 10 album with no promotion is really hard," Oseary says. "It's pretty... exciting isn't the right word, but it's rewarding to see it so well-received."

Read More here: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6436370/madonna-rebel-heart-leak-inside-story

What do they mean by 48-hour turnaround?

i think it meant that they released the 6 tracks on itunes 2 days after the first 12 tracks leaked in addition to the 2 already leaked.

The result of Rebel Heart's 48-hour turnaround? The album preorder topped the iTunes charts in more than 40 countries -- including the United States, where three of the six released tracks entered Billboard's Hot Dance/Electronic Songschart dated Jan. 3, despite just two days of eligibility. To date, the six tracks have sold a combined 131,000 downloads, according to Nielsen Music, with preorders for Rebel Heart at a robust (considering the situation) 50,000 to 60,000, according to industry estimates. "We know that in today's world, having a top 10 album with no promotion is really hard," Oseary says. "It's pretty... exciting isn't the right word, but it's rewarding to see it so well-received."

Read More here: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6436370/madonna-rebel-heart-leak-inside-story

how is having a top 10 album without promotion difficult nowadays lol?

anyway does anyone remember what mdna preorder numbers were?

What do they mean by 48-hour turnaround?

She found out about the leaks and they had to arrange everything in 48 hours because the iTunes servers were shutting down. Or something :p

with two more months to go... the pre-orders could accumulate to at least 150k copies alone of digital album...

there is sure to be another spike of pre-orders once the next batch of songs are available and hopefully the Grammys promo...

ok so its comparable to MDNA... Lets hope she has a lot more preorders and sells a lot in the first week and beyond... I d like this album to be success so that she shuts some losers...

ok so its comparable to MDNA... Lets hope she has a lot more preorders and sells a lot in the first week and beyond... I d like this album to be success so that she shuts some losers...

it's actually more than that elijah... i think Nikki meant the 50k was for the entire duration of the pre-order period of MDNA... right now, the 50k-60k figure for RH is just up until press time... expect pre-order figures to pile up until the first week...

but what is this about ONLY ONE SONG to be previewed next in Feb 10? bummer...

it's actually more than that elijah... i think Nikki meant the 50k was for the entire duration of the pre-order period of MDNA... right now, the 50k-60k figure for RH is just up until press time... expect pre-order figures to pile up until the first week...

but what is this about ONLY ONE SONG to be previewed next in Feb 10? bummer...

Joan of Arc will be the only song and then we'll have to wait for the album to dtop.

Joan of Arc will be the only song and then we'll have to wait for the album to dtop.

yep, that's what i think so too now... bummer... can't they just at least identify the rest on Feb 10?

yep, that's what i think so too now... bummer... can't they just at least identify the rest on Feb 10?

I think that'll probably happen. The tracklisting will appear do after all the promo begins, those that preorder it will know what they are getting.

stupid to push it that far off... so the video would be out in time for the album launch? How would the people get familiar with the fact she has an album when there is no video or they ll rely on midnight chats on facebook?????????

"However, Madonna had to make sure the six songs were in finished form, so she holed up in her New York studio working on the final mixes into the wee hours of the morning of December 18. “There was no time to call any of the producers — nothing,” says Oseary. “Just her final mastering sessions.”"

So Madonna mastered the 6 tracks all by herself? I this why there are sloppy edits on LFL and GT?

I think that'll probably happen. The tracklisting will appear do after all the promo begins, those that preorder it will know what they are getting.

i hope so... i'll just click the pre-order button on Feb 10 if only Joan of Arc will appear... i was waiting to buy it again separately in case multiple songs get released again on Fen 10... :)

So i think they are going back to their original plan of LFL release for Valentine's week and promo...

So Madonna mastered the 6 tracks all by herself? I this why there are sloppy edits on LFL and GT?

can you hear the sheet flipping in Ghosttown right before she sings the first line? there are also other noises in Ghosttown, sort of like vinyl album noises...

And she had no Superbowl or any other real promo around this time.

Yup I think it's impressive. Just imagine the promo on TV shows!! Grammy will help push more pre orders.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Video shoot for "late january", no Madonna in the Grammy performers list, and LFL release date for late February... I think we won't have anything at the beginning of February, everything will be later.

who declared they are intentional?

Vinyl album noises are always intentional. Have you heard the song? The "old movie" feel to it? It's clear they are.

I think the album could shift close to 100k on pre-orders alone.

I expect close to another 100k for the first week, so close to 200k debut is not impossible.

Remember no tour ticket bundle this time, I guess.

Vinyl album noises are always intentional. Have you heard the song? The "old movie" feel to it? It's clear they are.

well we have to wait and see if they'll correct it, there are other technical issues with Ghosttown, that cut at @.33

I have a bad feeling about this...

Video shoot for "late january", no Madonna in the Grammy performers list, and LFL release date for late February... I think we won't have anything at the beginning of February, everything will be later.

oh gawd... the Grammys is the only perfect avenue to kick start a promo... crossing fingers for a performance