Alternadonna

Shane

I have a new friend who fell in love with Isaac when I was playing Confessions the other day. He was so surprised that M would have such an alternative and different sounding song. I explained that she has been including a genius weird track on her albums for years. Now I am making him a mix cd (yes I still do this) of some of her more experimental stuff. I have included:

Act of Contrition

Sanctuary

Bedtime Story

Mer Girl

Paradise (Not For Me)

Isaac

Voices

Should I include anything else? Subjective I realize.

I did a 'similar' compilation for a co-worker once who was interested in Madonna's lesser known songs which are a little bit 'different'.

I remember I included Secret Garden (which became the favorite song from the compilation for said co-worker), Paradise, Cyber-Raga, Has To Be, I Want You etc.

That said, I don't really get what so 'alternative' or 'different' about Isaac? Is it because of the male vocals? Other than that it's a typical Madonna dance pop track IMO.

These suggestions are wonderful. Going to be a great mix. Can't believe I didn't think of Gang Bang off the bat. I find these mixes to be a great way to turn people on to M. I have made ballad ones before, and dance.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

If I was doing that mix I would add Intervention, Let it Will Be (live), I'm In Love With Love, It's So Cool (2002), Devil Pray.

I have a new friend who fell in love with Isaac when I was playing Confessions the other day. He was so surprised that M would have such an alternative and different sounding song. I explained that she has been including a genius weird track on her albums for years. Now I am making him a mix cd (yes I still do this) of some of her more experimental stuff. I have included:

Act of Contrition

Sanctuary

Bedtime Story

Mer Girl

Paradise (Not For Me)

Isaac

Voices

Should I include anything else? Subjective I realize.

Erotica and American Life are stuffed with left field Madonna.