Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

I really don,t want to complain I'm Beyond happinness but the only song that I love the less is Illuminati. Switch with addicted and I'm happy. but a little complain. Illuminati is not her worst song. nothing close to b-day or superstar or incredible

So from what I have inferred with this track list, it sounds like ballad fans are going to be happy, sex song fans are going to be happy, and Alternadonna fans are going to be happy.

What about dance pop? Will Best Night and Hold Tight fill that bill?

Seriously, this era is EVERYTHING. Love to the one true Queen!

Guest alexstone

Unless she made huge changes in both melody and production, like she did from the demo to finished product of beat goes on (which she most likely have not -only two songs were "really" different on the 6 already released), I think she's making a hard candy mistake by including the monotonous best night, not at all tasty holy water, lousy verse iconic and crappy rappy veni vedi vici (although it is "cool" that she mentions her songs) ....beautiful scars, graffiti heart, borrowed time and addicted would've been much better choices in my opinion. Sex is okay, but it's boring and she's done it before. Yay if she includes them on the 25 track thing, but the general public still gets the other stuff that could've been better. Oh well, I'm hoping for some major production surprises ;)

There's my two cents for ya.

So from what I have inferred with this track list, it sounds like ballad fans are going to be happy, sex song fans are going to be happy, and Alternadonna fans are going to be happy.

What about dance pop? Will Best Night and Hold Tight fill that bill?

Seriously, this era is EVERYTHING. Love to the one true Queen!

Best night is sexy

Hold tight would be dance pop

Wash all over me was like that too

Sex is very poppy too

So "Ghosttown" is the only non-demo song? Interesting.

I'll hold out judgment until I hear the final mixes. I'm hoping some of the songs I'm not crazy about (or outright dislike) have been revamped.

I can't remember if I ever mentioned this, but I guess now's as good a time as ever - anyone else interpret "Never Let You Go" to be about a friend who died? It's not my favorite of the demos, but for that reason I was hoping it would make the cut.

Unless she made huge changes in both melody and production, like she did from the demo to finished product of beat goes on (which she most likely have not -only two songs were "really" different on the 6 already released), I think she's making a hard candy mistake by including the monotonous best night, not at all tasty holy water, lousy verse iconic and crappy rappy veni vedi vici (although it is "cool" that she mentions her songs) ....beautiful scars, graffiti heart, borrowed time and addicted would've been much better choices in my opinion. Sex is okay, but it's boring and she's done it before. Yay if she includes them on the 25 track thing, but the general public still gets the other stuff that could've been better. Oh well, I'm hoping for some major production surprises ;)

There's my two cents for ya.

Agreed!!

I agree as well, based on the demos. HOWEVER, we all know from past albums (and even the 6 songs she released so far) that things could change drastically, so I'm holding out final judgment until I hear the final mixes. That doesn't mean I'm not having major feelings right now.

I can't be the only one who is thrilled beyond belief for this tracklist, am I? It's so varied and fun. Lots of sex, lots of flirty kinda songs, some amazing ballads, and she finally got the self referential stuff done right. Lots of songs to dance to, some to curl up and cry to, some to just make sweet lovin' to... I am so happy for this album and this era!!!

So "Ghosttown" is the only non-demo song? Interesting.

I'll hold out judgment until I hear the final mixes. I'm hoping some of the songs I'm not crazy about (or outright dislike) have been revamped.

I can't remember if I ever mentioned this, but I guess now's as good a time as ever - anyone else interpret "Never Let You Go" to be about a friend who died? It's not my favorite of the demos, but for that reason I was hoping it would make the cut.

never let you go?

i swear new title of demos keep popping up.. some people say they've heard autotune baby and some other demos. i got no idea where you all got those from.

NLYG is the one some claimed wasn't M, but it clearly is. And it's a beautiful song.

How in the hell could anyone not know Madonna's voice?! It's the most gorgeous and recognizable voice ever! The song you are referring to sounds like one I would probably enjoy.

How in the hell could anyone not know Madonna's voice?! It's the most gorgeous and recognizable voice ever! The song you are referring to sounds like one I would probably enjoy.

Since Never Let You Go is obviously not on the album, I would recommend that you treat yourself for being such a good sport and listen to it. :D I know you will love it. It's absolutely beautiful. ♡

I've not listened to any of the leaks yet so my thinking is that I should listen to all the non-album demos now through March to tide me over, then I'll be ready to devote my full attention to the final album at time of release and not be distracted by trying to take in all of the demos at the same time

Since Never Let You Go is obviously not on the album, I would recommend that you treat yourself for being such a good sport and listen to it. :D I know you will love it. It's absolutely beautiful. ♡

Yup. I feel like it's about Martin Burgoyne or Christopher Flynn. A sort of positive version of "In This Life."

Yup. I feel like it's about Martin Burgoyne or Christopher Flynn. A sort of positive version of "In This Life."

Not to sidetrack but In This Life is the one and only ballad in her catalog that I don't LOVE. The melody never clicked for me. But I LOVE the lyrics. I love when she writes personal and moving lyrics.

I have heard mostly good things about this album's lyrics and am inclined to agree based on DP and Ghosttown.

I've not listened to any of the leaks yet so my thinking is that I should listen to all the non-album demos now through March to tide me over, then I'll be ready to devote my full attention to the final album at time of release and not be distracted by trying to take in all of the demos at the same time

Go ahead and listen but the ones left out are mostly uplifting/fight for freedom songs like:

Borrowed Time

Freedom

Graffiti Heart

Revolution

God Is Love

Or about love/acceptance/heartbreak/longing/sticking together:

Beautiful Scars

Tragic Girl

Addicted (The One That Got Away)

Never Let You Go

Nothing Lasts Forever

And then some odd ones like:

Back That Up - Hard Candy reject

Two Steps Behind - Gaga bashing

BEWARE: The album is not going to sound like these songs. Duh! The vibe of the majority of the songs that did make the cut is much more in your face, more RnB centric, midtempo and suggestive, sometimes boastful. Of course, the official versions may differ completely but based on the demos, it's a much more urban (as in the style of Illuminati/Devil Prays) than these demos that were left out. In fact, now that the songs have been picked, I think that Back That Up (the Pharrel song) could fit in the album better than Never Let You Go.

I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, but I've read in another forum that "Autotune Baby" is actually a reworked version of a song originally written during the AL sessions in 2002. :unsure:

There are flop fans out there who go around the Internet already hating on Rebel Heart because of Holy Water and SEX.

Honestly they don't bother me!! Because this era is going to be the most magnificent we've ever seen! Madonna will slay and Rebel Heart will be everywhere!

This is an exciting time to be alive and celebrate! :inlove:

But as for the flop fans, I feel sorry for them. They're missing out on this party! Once they wake up and realize this era rules, it may be too late. They've already bitched their way through to misery.

One friend I have used to hate on Madonna because he suddenly turned super Christian and thought she was satan' worshipper or something. So throughout thd entire Confessions era all he did was spread hate about Madonna. Then once he fell out of the Christian state of fanatism, it was too late. He wasn't there to enjoy the era while it lasted.

So all I can wish for the flop fans is to reevaluate their perception, allow this era unravel itself, don't jump to conclusion! Much love! ♡♡♡♡♡

There are flop fans out there who go around the Internet already hating on Rebel Heart because of Holy Water and SEX.

Honestly they don't bother me!! Because this era is going to be the most magnificent we've ever seen! Madonna will slay and Rebel Heart will be everywhere!

This is an exciting time to be alive and celebrate! :inlove:

But as for the flop fans, I feel sorry for them. They're missing out on this party! Once they wake up and realize this era rules, it may be too late. They've already bitched their way through to misery.

One friend I have used to hate on Madonna because he suddenly turned super Christian and thought she was satan' worshipper or something. So throughout thd entire Confessions era all he did was spread hate about Madonna. Then once he fell out of the Christian state of fanatism, it was too late. He wasn't there to enjoy the era while it lasted.

So all I can wish for the flop fans is to reevaluate their perception, allow this era unravel itself, don't jump to conclusion! Much love! ♡♡♡♡♡

You're friends a moron!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I can't take certain types of people!!! I swear!

You're friends a moron!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I can't take certain types of people!!! I swear!

Ugh, I used to be a mess and he was there for me :) plus he's hot! But I didn't turn Christian and I think he isn't that much on fire for Jesus either because of me... And now I'm going straight to hell... for going off topic in this thread!!!