Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

I desperately need Addicted (The One That Got Away) to be part of the album.

It doesn't seem to get as much discussion as some of the other tracks, but it's right up there for me with songs like Inside Out, Body Shop, Heartbreak City and Joan of Arc.

It's not to say that these are the only tunes that I love.

I really love a lot of the other songs, but am happy with simply having the demo versions, as I think they're great in their acoustic or demo form.

Yeah Best night om g I forgot this one

and Addicted too**

A section during next tour could be

S.E.X (contain part of fever)

Best Night

Justify My love

Deeper and Deeper

Update added the HC demos:

ALONE WITH YOU
ART FOR FREEDOM
AUTOTUNE BABY
BACK THAT UP (DO IT) - 3:31
BEAUTIFUL SCARS (DEMO #1)
BEAUTIFUL SCARS (DEMO #2) - 4:09
BEST NIGHT (DEMO #1)
BEST NIGHT (DEMO #2)
BEST NIGHT (DEMO #3) - 3:32
BITCH, I'M MADONNA (DEMO #1) - 4:42
BITCH, I'M MADONNA (DEMO #2) - 3:33
BITCH, I'M MADONNA (ALBUM VERSION) - 3:48

BODY SHOP (DEMO #1)
BODY SHOP (DEMO #2)
BODY SHOP (DEMO #3)
BODY SHOP (DEMO #4) - 3:34
BORROWED TIME (DEMO #1)
BORROWED TIME (DEMO #2)
BORROWED TIME (DEMO #3)
BORROWED TIME (DEMO #4)
BORROWED TIME (DEMO #5) - 3:36
DEVIL PRAY (DEMO #1) - 3:32
DEVIL PRAY (ALBUM VERSION) - 4:06

EYES WIDE OPEN
DUBPLATE (LA ISLA BONITA) - 0:53
FREEDOM (DEMO #1)
FREEDOM (DEMO #2)
FREEDOM (DEMO #3) - 3:56
GHOSTTOWN (ALBUM VERSION) - 4:09
GOD IS LOVE (DEMO #1 - ACOSTIC) - 3:31

GOD IS LOVE (DEMO #2+) - 3:31
GRAFFITI HEART (DEMO #1 - ACOUSTIC) - 2:38
GRAFFITI HEART (DEMO #2+)
HEARTBREAK CITY (DEMO #1 - ACOUSTIC) - 3:58
HEARTBREAK CITY (DEMO # 2)

HEARTBREAK CITY (DEMO # 3)

HEARTBREAK CITY (DEMO # 4)

HEARTBREAK CITY (DEMO # 5)
HOLD TIGHT (DEMO #3) - 4:53
HOLD TIGHT (DEMO #4) - 3:25
HOLY WATER (DEMO #1) - 3:34
HOLY WATER (DEMO #2+)
ICONIC (DEMO #1) - 4:00
ICONIC (DEMO #2/FINAL?) - 4:24
ILLUMINATI (DEMO #1) - 3:21
ILLUMINATI (ALBUM VERSION) - 3:44
INSIDE OUT (DEMO) - 4:20
JOAN OF ARC (DEMO) - 4:04

JOAN OF ARC (ALBUM VERSION) - 4:01
LIVING FOR LOVE (DEMO #1)
LIVING FOR LOVE (DEMO #2)
LIVING FOR LOVE (DEMO #3)
LIVING FOR LOVE (DEMO #4) - 4:13
LIVING FOR LOVE (ALBUM VERSION) - 3:38

MESSIAH (DEMO #1)
MESSIAH (DEMO #2)
MESSIAH (DEMO #3)
MESSIAH (DEMO #4)
MESSIAH (DEMO #5) - 3:38
MIDNIGHT SHIFT
NEVER LET YOU GO (DEMO #2) - 3:36
NOTHING LASTS FOREVER - 3:31

OBJECTS
REBEL HEART (DEMO #1 - ACOUSTIC) - 3:29
REBEL HEART (DEMO #2) - 3:29
REBEL HEART (DEMO #3) - 3:26
REBEL HEART (DEMO #4) - 4:00
REBEL HEART (DEMO #5) - ?
REBEL HEART (ALBUM VERSION)
REVOLUTION - 3:02
S.E.X. (DEMO #1)
S.E.X. (DEMO #2) - 3:23
SCORE
TAKE A DAY
TAKE IT BACK
THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY (ADDICTED) (DEMO #1)
THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY (ADDICTED) (DEMO #2)
THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY (ADDICTED) (DEMO #3) - 3:56
TRAGIC GIRL - 3:20

TRUST NO BITCH
TWO STEPS BEHIND (DEMO #1) - 3:31
TWO STEPS BEHIND (DEMO #2+)
UNAPOLOGETIC BITCH (DEMO) - 3:54
UNAPOLOGETIC BITCH (ALBUM VERSION) - 3:51
VENI VIDI VICI (DEMO/050914) - 4:02
WASH ALL OVER ME (DEMO #1 - ACOUSTIC) - 3:58
WASH ALL OVER ME (DEMO #2) - 4:33

WASH ALL OVER ME (DEMO #3) - 4:02

bold = leaked/released

red = album version

regular = unleaked

Why nobody mentions Messiah?

Cuz we know that it's in, and what we heard is probably the final version.

I don't think Back That Up (Do It) sound like Hard Candy at all. It's better than most of the songs on that album (not that I'm trying to knock HC). While it is different than the other tracks, you can hear Madonna do things with her voice she hasn't before (like many of the demos).

It sounds funky, fun and creative to me. Maybe not for the album, but she should release it in some form.

Here's my playlist:

Beautiful Scars

Hold Tight

Never Let You Go

Heartbreak City

Inside Out

Freedom

Graffiti Heart

Revolution

S.E.X.

Tragic Girl

Still don't dig VVV ;(

I don't think Back That Up (Do It) sound like Hard Candy at all. It's better than most of the songs on that album (not that I'm trying to knock HC). While it is different than the other tracks, you can hear Madonna do things with her voice she hasn't before (like many of the demos).

It sounds funky, fun and creative to me. Maybe not for the album, but she should release it in some form.

35IvFJe.gif

k3nwt3bmensqnwcuoxap.gif

Is it just me or FREEDOM is..................... bad.

The spoken part is cringeworthy.

:ohno::sneaky:

Yeah, I hate it. Really cringeworthy but it wouldn't surprise me if it makes the album and live show.

I can't with people still praising Back That Up. Y'all need to sit down because It's TRASH. Nothing about it is good, not even the tired ass beat.

:abuse:

It's awesome! It's one of the songs I keep singing throughout the day. It's classic Madonna in that it just makes you want to dance - it goes right back to her dance club roots! :tongue:

Yeah, I hate it. Really cringeworthy but it wouldn't surprise me if it makes the album and live show.

It's awesome! It's one of the songs I keep singing throughout the day. It's classic Madonna in that it just makes you want to dance - it goes right back to her dance club roots! :tongue:

THIS

and

THIS

Well, for me, it's the exact opposite! Dislike Back That Up (although saying I hate it would be exaggerated) and love Freedom.

Funny how some of the demos are so polarizing!

ride-2.gif

Mean the metaphor

Move to the beat of the

Sway to the rhythm of

Wave it around like a

Back that up to the beat, to the beat

Bang that drum to the beat, to the beat

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

Keep on trying to

I'm getting ready for

Let this party go

I'll be freakin' to

I'll be drinking crême rosé and sometimes lemon drops

I'll be wearing diamond grills and ...

Sometimes I can be extreme, I'm never gonna stop

Keep this party going, we'll be dancing 'til we drop

You're my metaphor

Guess I'm running low

I'll keep giving up

Don't remember a

Mean the metaphor... Fun

Move to the beat of the... Drum

Sway to the rhythm of... One

Wave it around like a

Bang that drum to the beat, to the beat

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

I'll be drinking crême rosé and sometimes lemon drops

I'll be wearing diamond grills and ...

Sometimes I can be extreme, I'm never gonna stop

Keep this party going, we'll be dancing 'til we

There is nothing classic or classy about it. Her vocals are atrocious and so are the lyrics. The melody is non existent and the production is dated and cheap. Case closed.

tumblr_inline_mj94sd75Xz1qz4rgp.gif

Well, for me, it's the exact opposite! Dislike Back That Up (although saying I hate it would be exaggerated) and love Freedom.

Funny how some of the demos are so polarizing!

Same here. I love Freedom. And it IS NOT crangeworthy. Has everyone here listened to the message? :) It is exactly what the world needs to hear! If you put aside your presumptions of the music and just try to understand what Madonna is saying, it's brilliant! I hope and pray that one day everyone on Earth will hear this message because we all need to change and realize that we are all a part of each other. What's the point of being Madonna's fan if all you got from her was Erotica and SEX? She has a lot more to say now! Let it in! :inlove:

Guest Madomination

I looked through the list of demo and Heartbreak City have at least FIVE of them????

Give it up, Madge,,,,the song is horrible!!

I'm demo free - but I just listened to Back That Up as I figure it won't make the cut. Maybe better placed on Gwen's failed new album :o

There is nothing classic or classy about it. Her vocals are atrocious and so are the lyrics. The melody is non existent and the production is dated and cheap. Case closed.

tumblr_inline_mj94sd75Xz1qz4rgp.gif

vj7HBdx.gif

uh uh bitch! Back that up is THE funky shyt!...it's not a lyrical masterpiece but still rocks and Madonna approves

gif_madonna320.gif

Same here. I love Freedom. And it IS NOT crangeworthy. Has everyone here listened to the message? :) It is exactly what the world needs to hear! If you put aside your presumptions of the music and just try to understand what Madonna is saying, it's brilliant! I hope and pray that one day everyone on Earth will hear this message because we all need to change and realize that we are all a part of each other. What's the point of being Madonna's fan if all you got from her was Erotica and SEX? She has a lot more to say now! Let it in! :inlove:

4 Minutes, Hey You, Get Stupid were enough though. I think out of all the preachy songs we've heard so far Borrowed Time and Freedom are the ones that are most likely to be included. She's definitely not going to include BOTH. It's either one or the other.

1. Illuminati
  2. Bitch, I'm Madonna
  3. Best Night
  4. S.E.X.
  5. Holy Water
  6. Attracted to the Dark
  7. Unapologetic Bitch
  8. Iconic
  9. Veni Vidi Vici
  10. Rebel Heart
  11. Joan of Arc
  12. Body Shop or Borrowed Time or Hold Tight after DP.
  13. Devil Pray
  14. Ghosttown
  15. Inside Out
  16. Messiah
  17. Heartbreak City
  18. Wash All Over Me
  19. Living for Love

I think those are the ones that are most certainly in. I'm not too sure about Best Night but Holy Water was reworked by Blood Diamond and Dahi along with S.E.X. and it was also cross-referenced in the first demo of BIM (a sign that she really seems to like it). So, I'm guessing that it's definitely in. After all she likes to sing about her pussy (Candy Shop, Where Life Begins, Secret Garden...)

I think other than that the songs that are the top candidates for inclusion are:

Inside Out

Hold Tight

Body Shop

Wash All Over Me

Borrowed Time

Freedom

Beautiful Scars

The One That Got Away/Addicted (Hopefully retitled as "Attracted to the Dark")

Autotune Baby (It's pretty good, apparently)

Of the "preachy" songs, I think she's mostly likely to include Revolution since she's tagged that a couple of times in her instagram. I like that better than either Freedom or Borrowed Time.

Discussions are starting to get lively in here. I agree with a lot of you but I could live with most of the demos. S.E.X. is alright but Erotica, Justify My Love, and Forbidden Love (both versions) would eat the demo alive and shit it out the next day. I like S.E.X. but is is far less provocative than her earlier material. I do love Back That Up but it is rather Hard Candy"esque" in it's demo form. I can't stop singing about lemon drops though

Ultimately, I am holding off the greatest eargasm that I have ever had. I CANNOT WAIT! Borrowed Time and Beautiful Scars are musts for me.

Edited by sul8323

To me S.E.X. and Holy Water kind of have a similiar theme. I don't think she should include both. I love Holy Water! So I would say she should include that and not S.E.X.

I haven't listened to the demos, but I have read comments to the effect that the following songs cannot be lived without by at least one and sometimes multiple members: Messiah, Inside Out, Beautiful Scars, Tragic Girl, Hold Tight, Never Let You Go, Heartbreak City, Body Shop, Wash All Over Me, Addicted, and Best Night. Since we can safely assume Joan of Arc and Rebel Heart are in, this leaves limited slots! Especially if there are a few songs that never leaked! It feels like a season of Survivor!

Of the "preachy" songs, I think she's mostly likely to include Revolution since she's tagged that a couple of times in her instagram. I like that better than either Freedom or Borrowed Time.

That was most likely before writing/recording for this album started. She tagged the term revolution rather than the song itself, I think. Those tags were more related to the artforfreedom project.