Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

I imagine she COULD just be tagging all these songs that may or may not make the final cut...

But also, she could be hinting at actual songs in which case from her more recent posts...heartbreak city, messiah, freedom...make the cut.

There are 5 demos. #4 is very industrial and sinister, various drums, bongos, etc. The intro is completely horns, very cinematic. New vocals, slight changes in lyrics, more male background vocals.

HEARTBREAK CITY

Does she drop the "and I still feel shitty" line? Lol

Love the M-nation crew. Nobody loves Madonna like y'all. My husband has tried to understand my obsession but never will. Although he drinks beer at all of her shows and pretends that he doesn't know me as I go into cardiac arrest. LOL. Madonna was the first person on the planet to tell me that it was OK to be a gay man. Should have been my dad but wasn't. Way before Lady Goo Goo. Love her and am more and more excited about Rebel Heart. My children actually called me a freedom fighter for getting married in late 2014. Told me I was brave. I think Rebel Heart is an awesome anthem. I like all of her incarnations but I am drawn to Rebel Heart like no we a before.

Edited by sul8323

Hmmm all the sites that I see it on and on youtube have a 3:59 version that cuts off in the middle of the end. That's what I have listened to this whole time :(

I have this 4:53 version of 'Hold Tight' ...Now I ask, how many versions of 'Never Let You Go' leaked? Mine is 3:36

Is Heartbreak City a ballad or a mid tempo in demo form?

Most of it is her voice and slow piano, then in the end start some beats that remember MJ's They Dont Care About Us...And choir, so beautiful, powerful!

So after many listens my verdict is that the very best from the demos are the following and deffinately SHOULD make the album:

HOLD TIGHT (possible single 80ties vibe instantly catchy a shot for a hit single)

Rebel Heart (make it less acoustic and more like the production of I ll Remember & I think we have a single)

Wash All Over Me (get rid of the Avicii sound after the verses, would work as midtempo too)

Addicted (The One that Got Away) - should be less rock, more dancepop and it can be a single

Borrowed Time - with another production though, DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds should get rid of the Aviccii sound the same way they did with Devil Pray, but its a very strong song with great lyrics/melody

Heartbreak City - great maybe sing it with the Ghosttown Vocals

Joan Of Arc - amazing ballad, with amazing production would be one of the highlights

Revolution - she pulled off that theme at last and its gorgeous, I d like to hear Dahi & BD take on this

Inside Out - love it

Maybe Best Night could be on... That's about it, if she wants an album with strong songs... The others should be new songs

Fuck yall bitches then. No responses why is this shit dead when M released RH and all these demos are out. Isn't anyone dancing?

I'm here drinking KRUG ROSE AND SOMETIMES LEMON DROPS dancing in my living room I have questions for so many people on this forum!!!

Fuck yall bitches then. No responses why is this shit dead when M released RH and all these demos are out. Isn't anyone dancing?

I'm here drinking KRUG ROSE AND SOMETIMES LEMON DROPS dancing in my living room I have questions for so many people on this forum!!!

I love youuuuu :smooch:

Sorry I have so much love for M as an artist tonight. How good or bad you feel these DEMOS are...this is an ARTIST at work. Appreciate M as THE true musician that she is.

Besides Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me I love Messiah, Joan of Arc, Body Shop, Heartbreak City, Tragic Girl, Inside Out...

I love the others too, but i have focused on these.

About Living for Love: i think the released version has a better production, but the demo version has a feeling of freedom and let go at the end. It's all about the ending in the demo version.

Guest alexstone

Compare the lyrics for the 2 demos of Hold Tight, they are significantly different.

It's to be expected. Joan of Arc lyrics could be significantly different too.

Remember, the final product is not going to be a demo version.

as far as I know, only one version of 'Hold Tight' has leaked.....sure, there are "two" versions, but one has been cut off at the end, although the lyrics and music are the same...

Edited by alexstone

What do you want to know Stephen? I'm with you, i love "Body Shop" too, total stand out. And big shout out and much love to all my fellow M fans! I really want to involve myself in the dialogue with everyone. Does anyone else feel like we are watching musical history happening? For me, this (and my excitement level) has only been surpassed by the erotica/sex and ray of light periods. I can honestly say that I love every album M has released (though hard candy was, IMO, was a decidedly weak effort), and for me this has the potential to be right up there with the absolute classics.

Gosh, Im listening a lot to the living for love demo right now and I think Im loving it more than the original..

Damn it, you guys made me re-listen to the demo and, while the album version is obviously the better song, I'm actually gonna be disappointed if there's not a full version with the "Lord lord lift me" part. :ohwell:

A full gospel version on tour doesn't seem too unlikely though... :vogue:

Edited by stoneroad