Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

Iconic is great. I think it's going to sound great if Chance is rapping and Mike is doing spoken word type of rap (as he said)...

And if not, we always have the non-rap version. I really like the musical break and keep thinking what a shame it will be to have a rapper covering it up. Those screams are amazing.

I just hope they keep that soft piano melody in the chorus. I get goosebumps every time those parts play. :inlove: And I love the guitar too.

Brace yourself.

Ok, it's a snow day, I'm stranded, and we're getting closer to March 10, so I'll just ask. Do we think she is going to be giving us her great lyrics this time? Based on Ghosttown and Devil Pray, I vote YES.

Not going to read the lyrics thread. I really have OCD about these things, no joke :laugh:

And if not, we always have the non-rap version. I really like the musical break and keep thinking what a shame it will be to have a rapper covering it up. Those screams are amazing.

Brace yourself.

I just listened to the new Iconic demo. As a lover of the first demo, it is definitely going to take some getting used to. The chord progression is the main stumbling block for me, as while her vocals are the same, the chord progression of the music counter acts the vocal melody almost, which im not overly keen on. Aside from this, I think the new production is largely brilliant. Im definitely loving the work of Dahi and Blood diamonds - Devil Pray is obviously amazing, and this has some really brilliant production flourishes - i just wish they could have retained the melodic charm of the demo more. Hopefully the final mix will be more polished though - her vocals are murky on this mix - sounds like it almost needs a new vocal recording - there is some distortion there too.

^ I agree on the vocals and the chords - HOWEVER, the thing that bugged me about the original was how the verses felt cheesy, and I think the bright chords along with the vocal melody contributed to that. I don't think this is single material and I like that the final version is a little darker and less sing-songy now.

I totally agree with these two last posts! It took some getting used to but once it grows on you, you hear the demo as a demo and understand why she's mixed the final version as she did.

Get over it, he's on it. Don't like him, don't listen to it.

That is what I intend to do...but it doesn't erase the fact that Tyson is a violent crook!

*Inside Out melody* I wanna know what they were about...

I just said I disagree with your assumption that the new version of Beautiful Scars is awful :)

(and I predicted a major meltdown regarding the final version of SEX :p )

Edited by Poison Flower

Probably because Madonna understands more about being unfairly tried and convicted under false pretenses than any of us can imagine. As Tyson says in his one man show "Undisputed Truth"--"I did a lot of (worse) things I should have been arrested for, but wasn't, and was arrested for something I did not do."

This was the one thing he did NOT do.

The fact he admitted to doing worse things that what he was accused for should tell you what kind of shady character he is....

I just said I disagree with your assumption that the new version of Beautiful Scars is awful :)

(and I predicted a major meltdown regarding the final version of SEX :p )

why?

I feel the reaction towards the new instrumentation and the new extra lyrics will be epic :D

Oh! Ok!

I thought you said people will complain because the demo version is better.

Can't wait to hear the final version! :laugh:

Oh! Ok!

I thought you said people will complain because the demo version is better.

Can't wait to hear the final version! :laugh:

Well...it depends. I personally think the demo had more of a punch to it. The new version of S.E.X. is quite remiscent of the S&S tour intro. Kind of like a weird, sexy and dark lullaby. Oh...and get ready for another rap.

The new version of Beautiful Scars IS awful. At least that's what it sounded like to me...that disco mix just clashes with the sweet and intimate lyrics...

Thanks for the info JimmyJimmy!

Can someone please describe 'Autotune Baby' for me? I'll stop asking, I swear. I'm just too intrigued by this track.

The only person that really needs to learn her lesson is Madonna. Her team better start learning with all these leaks. (don't think it will happen, but who knows).

I'm looking forward to listen to the album but i don't want it to leak. I can wait i just need to read reviews and get 2 songs next week. :lol:

I'm also bored of people complaining about one song's production etc. 25 tracks are more than enough if you don't like one song or two just skip them or delete them for God's sake. :1251:

I'm looking forward to listen to the album but i don't want it to leak. I can wait i just need to read reviews and get 2 songs next week. :lol:

I'm also bored of people complaining about one song's production etc. 25 tracks are more than enough if you don't like one song or two just skip them or delete them for God's sake. :1251:

Agreed 25 is a very generous amount of tracks.