Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

I just listened to the new demo of Iconic. :Disco_Ball: I'm getting life from that :laugh: .

Oh trust me, there's nobody who's played that song more than I have these past days...love the extatic part at 3.26 starting with her moaning leading to the pitchy part ...pure musical orgasm, it shivers my skin imagining her as a twilight spirit melting with the sky raising her head and shoulders and arms at "yeee...there's another part of me no one sees....etc" oh cheez I need to quit those pills! :laugh:

Hmmmm. Just thinking. Some members who listened to the demos said that Madonna has given some of her strongest melodies in years. If the production on this really is a dark, urban, aggressive "industrial" vibe BUT married to her classic pop melodies and hooks, then I could see her getting critical acclaim for pioneering a new sound and making it palatable to the masses, as she has in past. Just my thoughts based on nothing really lol.

^ You guys just made me cum. Based on nothing but people's comments and track titles, I have a list of songs I am anticipating most: Joan of Arc, Heartbreak City, Wash All Over Me, Best Night, and Messiah. Oh, and Rebel Heart.

Now you are saying that Inside of Me should be added to the list! I can't fucking wait!

Just reading your posts Whoop and Mensch has got me rearranging my Most Anticipated Tracks list in my little journal :inlove:

^ You guys just made me cum. Based on nothing but people's comments and track titles, I have a list of songs I am anticipating most: Joan of Arc, Heartbreak City, Wash All Over Me, Best Night, and Messiah. Oh, and Rebel Heart.

Now you are saying that Inside of Me should be added to the list! I can't fucking wait!

Just reading your posts Whoop and Mensch has got me rearranging my Most Anticipated Tracks list in my little journal :inlove:

Wash All Over Me/Rebel Heart/Inside Out are some of her most beautiful melodies in years :Disco_Ball:

Guest eroticerotic

i actually just came across the new Iconic demo. MUUUUUCCCCCH much better however the lyric "I can't I con" just ruins it for me I really don't know why lol

Ive gotten into S.E.X. now - it's a grower

also they definitely remastered the 6 released tracks, the quality is much tighter

The melodies are staying. It's more about the production going from an acoustic/dancey type track to an industrial/edgier song. It's hard to explain but if you heard devil pray and illuminati and living for love in demo form and see how it got to the finished version, you would understand.

As Madonna initially wanted, she created songs from the raw form of an acoustic guitar and maybe some simpler beats and then they were transformed into this fuller, fresher, more cohesive sound. It's very industrial and also, inside out already has the same sonic elements devil pray had so I hope it finishes like the finished devil pray. It would make it go from an INCREDIBLE demo to one of her best songs ever (even though it's incredible now and I love the devil pray too)

i actually just came across the new Iconic demo. MUUUUUCCCCCH much better however the lyric "I can't I con" just ruins it for me I really don't know why lol

Ive gotten into S.E.X. now - it's a grower

also they definitely remastered the 6 released tracks, the quality is much tighter

Are you serious? I'm worried I'm not going to hear a difference and don't want to go threw the hassle. My only issue with the new iconic is the "ironic" line...it makes no sense...or does it?

The melodies are staying. It's more about the production going from an acoustic/dancey type track to an industrial/edgier song. It's hard to explain but if you heard devil pray and illuminati and living for love in demo form and see how it got to the finished version, you would understand.

Dude, you captured the rebel heart era so far!!!!! I believe that the final form of most demos will have this aggresive but passionate feeling(esp Inside Out). Although i live for hung up :Disco_Ball: and her dance-y tracks i LOVE this sound/direction. M is not gonna play safe and this era MUST be HUGE. :laugh:

Dude, you captured the rebel heart era so far!!!!! I believe that the final form of most demos will have this aggresive but passionate feeling(esp Inside Out). Although i live for hung up :Disco_Ball: and her dance-y tracks i LOVE this sound/direction. M is not gonna play safe and this era MUST be HUGE. :laugh:

I think it's a new direction for her for sure and it's a different approach. She worked with Stuart privately for the disco/dace confessions and prior to that with Mirwas on guitar for American life (but kind of left the songs acoustic and deconstructed it digitally)and in some ways Music...hard candy was the standard "have a producer work on songs, listen and write together" type of vibe. I'm sure it pushed her this time to have to push her acoustic songs so far...into what they are which is probably why at first listen the avicci songs sound dated and uninspired (some of them are great) ...Especially in comparison to the final product. I just hope it gets enough play for it to grow on people cause the songs are full of substance that sometimes need more listens cause they have that M pop element, but it's a bit different then what's on radio and what we'd expect from Madonna (even with the songs being very Madonna)

Yeah, the tracks themselves definitely have a fresh, darker quality to them but with classic Madonna melodies shining through them from their core.

Her vocals are very up front this time as well and sound excellent.

I think it's a new direction for her for sure and it's a different approach. She worked with Stuart privately for the disco/dace confessions and prior to that with Mirwas on guitar for American life (but kind of left the songs acoustic and deconstructed it digitally)and in some ways Music...hard candy was the standard "have a producer work on songs, listen and write together" type of vibe. I'm sure it pushed her this time to have to push her acoustic songs so far...into what they are which is probably why at first listen the avicci songs sound dated and uninspired (some of them are great) ...Especially in comparison to the final product. I just hope it gets enough play for it to grow on people cause the songs are full of substance that sometimes need more listens cause they have that M pop element, but it's a bit different then what's on radio and what we'd expect from Madonna (even with the songs being very Madonna)

Your description and assessment has me intrigued and I grow more excited daily. I have liked every album she has done, and I feel we are on the cusp of a masterpiece. Did any of the demos have bridges? She writes the best in the business but sometimes chooses not to include one in a song (Frozen).

Yeah, the tracks themselves definitely have a fresh, darker quality to them but with classic Madonna melodies shining through them from their core.

Her vocals are very up front this time as well and sound excellent.

This is just the best thing to hear, as I am first and foremost a fan of that voice :inlove:

I'm sure it pushed her this time to have to push her acoustic songs so far...into what they are which is probably why at first listen the avicci songs sound dated and uninspired (some of them are great) ...Especially in comparison to the final product. I just hope it gets enough play for it to grow on people cause the songs are full of substance that sometimes need more listens cause they have that M pop element, but it's a bit different then what's on radio and what we'd expect from Madonna (even with the songs being very Madonna)

Imagine Borrowed time (aka the most avicci-esque song) being taken the treatment of Devil Pray. :1251: I can't it would be awesome :lol:

Inside Out is everything!

So Hold Tight will be released along with Joan of Arc on Feb 9th....I wonder what final 'treatment' Hold Tight will receive?

Your description and assessment has me intrigued and I grow more excited daily. I have liked every album she has done, and I feel we are on the cusp of a masterpiece. Did any of the demos have bridges? She writes the best in the business but sometimes chooses not to include one in a song (Frozen).

Yes many have bridges.

best night, sex, bodyshop, hold tight, inside out!!! 😍😍

they are all great bridges..

The rest have these instrumental breaks that are awesome too or will be filled in by Nas, Chance, Mike...

The demo for "Inside Out" is like Bedtime Stories meets Ray of Light. I can imagine it getting darker and edgier though. Right now it feels soft and inviting, which fits the lyrics, but if it gets the rework treatment that some other songs have gotten, it will probably get a bit harder.

This is just the best thing to hear, as I am first and foremost a fan of that voice :inlove:

I'm surprised more people haven't expressed disappointment with the vocals on "Iconic." Aside from the delivery, which feels a little detached, the effects are very "Love Spent," which many on here have complained about. I do like it though.

I still can't get over the fact that Tyson the rapist will be featured on Iconic...I bet he bit the microphone until the take sounded just right

I still can't get over the fact that Tyson the rapist will be featured on Iconic...I bet he bit the microphone until the take sounded just right

Get over it, he's on it. Don't like him, don't listen to it.

I would offer him my copy of mdna to beat the ''birthday song'' with mia :scared: instead of featuring in Iconic.

Yup! 😍😍😍😍 inside out is probably the best thing ever!!!!

I just hope they keep that soft piano melody in the chorus. I get goosebumps every time those parts play. :inlove: And I love the guitar too.

Get over it, he's on it. Don't like him, don't listen to it.

Probably because Madonna understands more about being unfairly tried and convicted under false pretenses than any of us can imagine. As Tyson says in his one man show "Undisputed Truth"--"I did a lot of (worse) things I should have been arrested for, but wasn't, and was arrested for something I did not do."

This was the one thing he did NOT do.