Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

Great!!!

As long as Heartbreak FUCKING City is not on ANY of those..... :stir:

It's a song that's not so pretty..

And it's a song that's really shitty....

Sorry Madomination, but your taste in music is clearly absurd. Why don't you go hole up with yr copy of "hard candy" and leave the good tunes to the rest of us? Just my 2 cents.

BTW, I was joking. Kinda. But those are the 4 best demos. Idk what you expect her to do. An album of "Hey You" s or Avicii production? Kak.

Sorry Madomination, but your taste in music is clearly terrible if you want her to leave the four best demos off. Maybe you could try Mariah Carey or (gasp) Gaga? They can provide plenty of personality free, generic crap for you to enjoy.

I. FUCKING. LOVE. YOU!!!

Not buying it tbh. "Super Deluxe" sounds super fake., especially if that's all the info they got.

Super deluxe could just be a limited edition, i.e. Special packaging

I buy it

And I will buy it

I actually agree with most of what you said except:

1. It does not look ridiculous when she does songs like Freedom. And it is NOT embarrassing! How could you even say that? Madonna is deep into the Jewish Mysticism which teaches all about the revolution of love, freedom, unity, taking responsibility, not judging, caring for one another, giving unconditionally, etc. Get used to it because it will always be one of the biggest motivations behind her work.

2. Freedom and Revolution are not crap. You may not like these songs but calling them crap is a bit of an insult to what Madonna is passionate about and the message she tries to get out to the world.

With that being said, I have to agree with you that these "preachy" songs don't really go along with the theme. Like you said, the album is about Rebel and Heart, and Heart in this case being the romantic side of her. And I absolutely love her Rebel Heart :inlove:

To clarify (for myself and possibly some others on here): The problem isn't necessarily "preachy" songs per se. It's preachy songs with terrible, corny cliches that belong in shitty children's books being passed off as insightful lyrics.

To clarify (for myself and possibly some others on here): The problem isn't necessarily "preachy" songs per se. It's preachy songs with terrible, corny cliches that belong in shitty children's books being passed off as insightful lyrics.

Firework.jpg

Do you ever feel

Like a plastic bag

Drifting through the wind

Wanting to start again

:lmao:

Firework.jpg

Do you ever feel

Like a plastic bag

Drifting through the wind

Wanting to start again

:lmao:

Now this is pure shit.

Madonna is the queen of cliches...I've always thought so. She loves to use cliches. I think in pop music (at least the better part of pop music) general cliches are perfect. I love her preachy lyrics. I don't care if they sound stupid to some. You know what does sound stupid...anything Gaga sings, anything nicki Minaj "raps" ...madonna is saying something in the most basic terms. I think it translates fine and for the record, I fucking LOVE when she starts speaking in Freedom! Fuck everyone who disagrees! 😂😂

Now this is pure shit.

Madonna is the queen of cliches...I've always thought so. She loves to use cliches. I think in pop music (at least the better part of pop music) general cliches are perfect. I love her preachy lyrics. I don't care if they sound stupid to some. You know what does sound stupid...anything Gaga sings, anything nicki Minaj "raps" ...madonna is saying something in the most basic terms. I think it translates fine and for the record, I fucking LOVE when she starts speaking in Freedom! Fuck everyone who disagrees! 😂😂

Madonna is the queen of onomatopoeia!! Of course she can do cliches and she has. I hope all those "freedom" songs are on there

Guest Madomination

Ban!

Yes....Heartbreak Shitty City should be banned from making the cut on the album.... :s703:

Those who like to listen to those shrieky back-up vocals, I suggest you listen to Mariah.

Guest Madomination

Madonna said half of the leaked demos won't be used.

Yes...most of which are from the second 14 demos batch AND also HEARTBREAK SHITTY CITY!!!!!!!!!!!! :roadrunner:

God, don't you people have ears???? And taste???? That song is just plain AWFUL!!!!!!!! :(

People say Madonna is the Queen of Cliches. But I look at it as she is very literal and straightforward. You can relate to her lyrics and they are very universal. You don't have to guess what she is singing about.

Now this is pure shit.

I love you!! You are exactly right! She may use simple lyrics but there is wisdom in there. She knows what she's doing. I just don't understand how some of her fans still haven't caught up with that...

Yes...most of which are from the second 14 demos batch AND also HEARTBREAK SHITTY CITY!!!!!!!!!!!! :roadrunner:

God, don't you people have ears???? And taste???? That song is just plain AWFUL!!!!!!!! :(

Ok we get it. You hate the song. But can you be a bit more respectful towards those of us who like it? Thanx! Bye!

UPDATED

Rebel Heart

1. Living for Love

2. Devil Pray

3. Ghosttown

4. Unapologetic Bitch

5. Illuminati

6. Bitch, I'm Madonna

7. Rebel Heart 3:56 (3:37 iTunes)*

8. Joan of Arc 4:04 (4:01 iTunes)

9. Hold Tight 4:32 (4:33 iTunes)

10. Holy Water 3:34 (3:33 iTunes explicit)

11. (no match) (3:39 iTunes explicit)**

12. Heartbreak City 3:58 (4:09 iTunes explicit)***

13. Iconic 4:25 (4:23 iTunes)

14. Veni Vidi Vici 4:02 or Wash All Over Me 4:02 (4:00 iTunes)****

15. Best Night 3:32 (3:33 iTunes)

16. (no match) (4:39 iTunes explicit)

17. Inside Out 4:14 (4:11 iTunes)

18. Sex 3:23 (3:22 iTunes)

19. Tragic Girl 3:20 (3:21 iTunes)

*Even though Never Let You Go is the demo that matches, I think this one is Rebel Heart. The demo of Rebel Heart is 3:56 in length but we all know it's been reworked a lot.

**Messiah fits perfectly being 3:38 in length, but it's not explicit. Body Shop is 3:34 but it's also not explicit.

***someone said the final version is a bit longer. Beautiful Scars is 4:09 but it's not explicit.

****Iconic final demo is 4:25 not 4:00. Wash All Over Me demo #3 is 4:02 in length. Thank you JimmyJimmy :)

The final demo of Iconic is 4:25 long and Veni Vidi Vici is most likely the 4:00 track. Demo #3 of Wash All Over Me is 4:02 long.

I think right now it's hard to assume which songs match the running time above because as seen with the 6 track-EP the final versions can differ a lot wirh the demos in terms of track length.

Yeah it's useless trying to match them because the differences between the lengths of demos and final tracks can be quite different.

But it's fun for now as we have no other info :D

My guess:

Rebel Heart

1. Living for Love
2. Devil Pray
3. Ghosttown
4. Unapologetic Bitch
5. Illuminati
6. Bitch, I'm Madonna
7. Messiah 3:39 (3:37)
8. Joan of Arc 4:04 (4:01)
9. Wash All Over Me 4:02 (4:33)*
10. Holy Water 3:34 (3:33) [E]
11. S.E.X. 3:23 (3:39) [E]**
12. Heartbreak City 3:58 (4:09) [E]
13. Iconic 4:25 (4:23)
14. Rebel Heart 3:56 (4:00)
15. Body Shop 3:34 / Borrowed Time 3:33 (3:33)
16. Veni Vidi Vici 4:02 (4:39) [E]***
17. Inside Out 4:14 (4:11)
18. Best Night 3:32 (3:22)
19. Hold Tight 3:23 (3:21)****

* I think if this song is being reworked it would have to be much longer than demo #3 because that version is very compressed

** I wouldn't be surprised if the song has been "sexed up" a little.

*** Featuring Nas

****Hold Tight (Demo #4) is 3:23 long.

Yeah it's useless trying to match them because the differences between the lengths of demos and final tracks can be quite different.

Yes... the only thing easier to speculate about is the EXPLICIT label