Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

[REBEL]

1 Bitch, I'm Madonna

2 Unapologetic Bitch

3 SEX

4 Iconic

5 Illuminati

6 Addicted

7 Two Steps Behind Me

8 Best Night

9 Veni Vidi Vici

10 Rebel Heart

[HEART]

11 Devil Pray

12 Ghosttown

13 Wash All Over Me

14 Inside Out

15 Joan Of Arc

16 Borrowed Time

17 Never Let You Go

18 Heartbreak City

19 Messiah

You little copycat! :p

I'm glad to see my idea catching on though and so far it looks like our choices are very close to each other. Where is Living for Love though? That one is not going to be left out lol.

1 CD - 2 concepts.

[REBEL]

1 Illuminati

2 Bitch, I'm Madonna

3 Best Night

4 S.E.X. (reworked)

5 Holy Water (reworked)

6 Addicted / Body Shop (reworked)

7 Unapologetic Bitch

8 Iconic (reworked)

9 Veni Vidi Vici (reworked)

10 Rebel Heart (reworked)

[HEART]

11 Joan Of Arc

12 Body Shop / Borrowed Time / Beautiful Scars (reworked)

13 Devil Pray

14 Ghosttown

15 Inside Out

16 Heartbreak City

17 Messiah

18 Wash All Over Me (reworked)

19 Living for Love

Oh yes, I absolutely agree! Madonna should scrap all of the songs recorded and do an acoustic album filled with songs about changing the world. Full-force Mendela-donna! The deluxe edition will include a MJ tribute medley featuring (Heal the World / Earth Song / Girl in the Mirror)

She looks absolutely ridiculous when she does songs like Freedom. It's embarassing. The album is called "Rebel Heart". It's rather retrospective and self-reflective from what we've heard so far. One side is to show her rebellious side and one is supposed to show her romantic side. She can't show her rebellious side by leaving out the sexual stuff which is clearly part of her artistry and putting crap like Freedom and Revolution on there. It's a part of her, it's what she is known for. She can't and won't completely disregard it.

The album is not going to include that much Folkdonna either. We already have Joan of Arc, Rebel Heart, and Devil Pray in. There is probably going to be only one more folk song. The other slots will be filled by Inside Out, Heartbreak City, Messiah, Ghosttown and Living for Love. That's the "heart" side.

Wash All Over Me, Beautiful Scars, Body Shop, Borrowed Time, Freedom and Revolution will go against each other for filling the last two empty spots.

The 9 other tracks will be Rebel-donna and more danceable/urban with songs like BIM, UB, Iconic, Illuminati, S.E.X., Veni Vidi Vici

I actually agree with most of what you said except:

1. It does not look ridiculous when she does songs like Freedom. And it is NOT embarrassing! How could you even say that? Madonna is deep into the Jewish Mysticism which teaches all about the revolution of love, freedom, unity, taking responsibility, not judging, caring for one another, giving unconditionally, etc. Get used to it because it will always be one of the biggest motivations behind her work.

2. Freedom and Revolution are not crap. You may not like these songs but calling them crap is a bit of an insult to what Madonna is passionate about and the message she tries to get out to the world.

With that being said, I have to agree with you that these "preachy" songs don't really go along with the theme. Like you said, the album is about Rebel and Heart, and Heart in this case being the romantic side of her. And I absolutely love her Rebel Heart :inlove:

Oh yes, I absolutely agree! Madonna should scrap all of the songs recorded and do an acoustic album filled with songs about changing the world. Full-force Mendela-donna! The deluxe edition will include a MJ tribute medley featuring (Heal the World / Earth Song / Girl in the Mirror)

Yeah, we've got it, you don't want many of the "preachy" songs to make the album, fine, but could you please stop repeating that every time someone posts a different opinion?

Some people here just thoroughly enjoy that side of Madonna and would be happy if these songs were chosen for the tracklist, me included. In fact, I'd absolutely love it if she picked all or almost all acoustic demos for the album.

Guest Madomination

Unless they were reworked a lot, I hope she leaves off Hold Tight, Inside Out, Best Night and HEARTBREAK FUCKING CITY. God, I hate that song! :abuse:

I don't think there will be new tracks, too many demos to have new tracks

But these are demo's from pre-august last year, she's carried on making songs from my understanding? Remember Ghost town??

The fact that you use the word NEW worries me, implying the album will be made of songs that are no longer fresh and new to us because people have exhausted the demos.

Unless they were reworked a lot, I hope she leaves off Hold Tight, Inside Out, Best Night and HEARTBREAK FUCKING CITY. God, I hate that song! :abuse:

I don't think I wanna see your tracklist.

giphy.gif

The version of Heartbreak City you heard was demo #1. The final product won't be acoustic from what we know.

Yeah, we've got it, you don't want many of the "preachy" songs to make the album, fine, but could you please stop repeating that every time someone posts a different opinion?

Some people here just thoroughly enjoy that side of Madonna and would be happy if these songs were chosen for the tracklist, me included. In fact, I'd absolutely love it if she picked all or almost all acoustic demos for the album.

Not as long as there are people who think that Back That Up, Revolution & Freedom are better than S.E.X., Hold Tight and Heartbreak City. :sassy:

But these are demo's from pre-august last year, she's carried on making songs from my understanding? Remember Ghost town??

The fact that you use the word NEW worries me, implying the album will be made of songs that are no longer fresh and new to us because people have exhausted the demos.

Nahhh she probaly just reworked most of them with other producers. I don't think Madge would drop 25 songs she's worked so hard on and start again from scratch.

Your sig is awesome

First thought.....Imagine if we had to reduce the forty plus demos to between 11 and 13 songs. Yikes. Thankfully, 19 songs is a lot of music.

Second thought....I think that the demos are detracting from the album a bit. Imagine if we only had the 6 official songs right now? Are we missing out on the love for Unapologetic Bitch, Illuminati, Devil Prays, and Ghosttown. (And of course Living for Love!!!!!)

Third thought.....All is not lost with some demos not making the album. We already have nearly two double albums of music. I am beginning to wonder if a "Super Deluxe version of Rebel Heart will materialize sometime between April and June. Just a feeling that she is gonna Beyonce or Mariah Carey us with an enhanced edition of a current album. Or perhaps, she will J.T. us and release Volume Two at a later time. I am sure that Madonna would love to fulfill her recording contract with the excelent material that she already has recorded. Perhaps the leakers postponed a double album but did not cancel it.

Final thought....The Rebel Heart Era is officially on and I have never been this excited about Madonna (and that says a lot.) The Rollingstone interviews, the Billboard coverage, the Grammy's, the high profile Living for Love video. I absolutely cannot wait......

Nahhh she probaly just reworked most of them with other producers. I don't think Madge would drop 25 songs she's worked so hard on and start again from scratch.

I know, I'm really excited to hear the reworked songs, I love a lot of them so definitely want them on the album, I just meant there could still potentially be new songs that we know nothing about, there's still demos that haven't leaked that we've never heard too.

Guest Madomination

cd standard 19 tracks

cd deluxe ?

cd super deluxe ?

Great!!!

As long as Heartbreak FUCKING City is not on ANY of those..... :stir:

It's a song that's not so pretty..

And it's a song that's really shitty....

Edited by Madomination

I wouldn't want too many preachy songs because it would be repetitive and boring. But I think there is room for one maybe two preachy songs. To me, they would fit into the Heart section since they are inspired by her compassion for suffering around the world like in Nigeria, Malawi, etc. The Heart section doesn't have to be just about heartbreak in relationships.

I think the preachy part is just as much a part of her as the Sex part. I"m weird in that I like both preachy songs and sexy songs. I think they are both equal parts of her and I have no issue with having them both on the album. In fact, two of the songs I like the most are Revolution and Holy Water. They are both a must for me!

I don't think however she should overdo the folk sound. I feel she did that on American Life a lot. And although I love American LIfe I don't want the album to be a repeat of that. Perhaps she could rework some of the folk songs like she did with Devil Pray to make them more electronic.

Great!!!

As long as Heartbreak FUCKING City is not on ANY of those..... :stir:

It's a song that's not so pretty..

And it's a song that's really shitty....

I thought I was the only one...

As for preachy song, don't forget that Vogue is very preachy (verses), but still a great dance song, let's wait and see what she does with the demos.

Sorry Madomination, you're obviously entitled to your opinion. I just get defensive cuz I am loving these songs so much. I got in a HUGE argument with a friend once who said that "Erotica" was a crap album. Blasphemy!

Edited by momosfantasy