Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

That was most likely before writing/recording for this album started. She tagged the term revolution rather than the song itself, I think. Those tags were more related to the artforfreedom project.

No, she actually tagged Revolution just last week when she was in Switzerland. I think the song would work great in the acoustic guitar section of a tour.

The songs that I feel should be considered for being on the album.......

Addicted (The One That Got Away)- this one is pretty much good to go, just needs to be cleaned up a little

Messiah- also good to go for the most part, just needs a little touch up

Rebel Heart- the demo is really good.....but this song has potential to be classic Madonna. I have a feeling this one is going to be reworked fairly significantly but still keep it's same melody.

Wash All Over Me- this one has a lot of potential as well. Cant imagine that this will be a good single choice, but I think it's a potential classic album cut.

Revolution- Ive actually grown to really like this one. It does need some work though. This one still SOUNDS like a demo.

Joan Of Arc- well we know this one will be on the album.....also very demo-ish but gorgeous.

Borrowed Time- if I had to choose just one of the "preachy" songs, this would be the one. Great melody and I love her voice!

Heartbreak City- Highly probable that this is gonna make the album. I truly think it just needs some minor adjustments as is but I'm very excited to hear the supposed "completely reworked" version of this song. I could hear this a darker, industrial song as has been rumored.

Inside Out- this is a MUST! One of the best songs from the RH sessions so far. Id already place this among her best within the last ten years!

Best Night- love this one! It's almost album ready. This one is single material. This sounds like a 2015 version of a song that would've been on Bedtime Stories.

Hold Tight- this one needs a lot of work, but I think there is potential for a great track. Very early 90's.

Nothing Lasts Forever- also needs a lot of work. Very interesting track......not sure if it's gonna fit on this album, but I hope she does something with it at some point.

Tragic Girl- different for her and I can actually see it fitting on the album. This is the 2015 version of a AL album track.

Iconic- a drastic rework is necessary but I think this has potential to be a real BANGER!

Veni Vidi Vici- does need to be spruced up but I keep imagining this as the album closer.

I would literally bang my head against a wall if she releases both SEX and Holy Water and leaves out Inside Out or something. After trying so hard to like both, I ended up kind of liking SEX. But Holy Water is just awful. I can't at those cheesy lyrics trying to be sexy or catchy.

4 Minutes, Hey You, Get Stupid were enough though.

But 4 Minutes is not preachy. Hey You was never a part of a studio album and Get Stupid was a tour song. Come on, let's be fair. She had a whole album dedicated to sex before. A whole era. Why can't she do something revolutionary for this era? Obviously that's where her passion is right now! I'm all up for a good balance on the album, but you want both Holy Water and Sex and only 1 preachy song. Personally I'd love it if she included Borrowed Time, God is Love AND Freedom!! Hahaha :p

I think that's what makes it so fun. We are both in love with Madonna yet we are so different. And I just wanted to say that I love you :inlove: and I'm really just having fun expressing my opinions here. At the end of the day it will be all Madonna's choice :D

Which one? If you refer to Erotica, then...no.

Are you kidding? What does the word Erotica mean? Plus there are about 7 songs on that album that have sexual intonations or themes.

Which one? If you refer to Erotica, then...no.

definitely not, there are two, maybe three tracks on Erotica about sex.

I would argue even Erotica itself isn't actual about sex but about the sadomasochistic aspects of true intimacy

Oh yes, I absolutely agree! Madonna should scrap all of the songs recorded and do an acoustic album filled with songs about changing the world. Full-force Mendela-donna! The deluxe edition will include a MJ tribute medley featuring (Heal the World / Earth Song / Girl in the Mirror)

She looks absolutely ridiculous when she does songs like Freedom. It's embarassing. The album is called "Rebel Heart". It's rather retrospective and self-reflective from what we've heard so far. One side is to show her rebellious side and one is supposed to show her romantic side. She can't show her rebellious side by leaving out the sexual stuff which is clearly part of her artistry and putting crap like Freedom and Revolution on there. It's a part of her, it's what she is known for. She can't and won't completely disregard it.

The album is not going to include that much Folkdonna either. We already have Joan of Arc, Rebel Heart, and Devil Pray in. There is probably going to be only one more folk song. The other slots will be filled by Inside Out, Heartbreak City, Messiah, Ghosttown and Living for Love. That's the "heart" side.

Wash All Over Me, Beautiful Scars, Body Shop, Borrowed Time, Freedom and Revolution will go against each other for filling the last two empty spots.

The 9 other tracks will be Rebel-donna and more danceable/urban with songs like BIM, UB, Iconic, Illuminati, S.E.X., Veni Vidi Vici

I want her to include all the preachy songs, that's some of the best songs among the demos... love them all including Freedom :inlove: Hope she leaves out Holy water and Back that up... S.E.X is ok, but that Sex, what do you know about sex, should go :rotfl:

Are you kidding? What does the word Erotica mean? Plus there are about 7 songs on that album that have sexual intonations or themes.

Child please, time to go back to the Madonna School!

Santana_nail_file.gif

The songs Holy Water or SEX are 10 times more about sex than anything else in Madonna's discography, including the entire Erotica album (which is about many things, like love, desire, heartbreak and yes, a couple of sexual innuendos but in a very tasteful way.)

The songs Holy Water or SEX are 10 times more about sex than anything else in Madonna's discography, including the entire Erotica album (which is about many things, like love, desire, heartbreak and yes, a couple of sexual innuendos but in a very tasteful way.)

Where Life Begins is just as much about sex. (That is 100%)

Edited by stoneroad

I want her to include all the preachy songs, that's some of the best songs among the demos... love them all including Freedom :inlove: Hope she leaves out Holy water and Back that up... S.E.X is ok, but that Sex, what do you know about sex, should go :rotfl:

Well...I suppose you won't enjoy the album then because that's not going to happen. byegurl.gif

Where Life Begins is just as much about sex. (That is 100%)

It's the only one from Erotica that ACTUALLY talks about sex. Candy Shop was the first sexual song since the Erotica album if you think about it...

S.E.X has to be on it. I figure she could do a trinity of sex based songs with this, Best night & Body Shop. All different, but all similar thematically, and all really good too. Cluster them together towards the end of the album - just like Janet used to!!!!

Back that Up and Best Night really need to be on the album.

After a few weeks of listening (in demo form) I think its safe to say this is her best album since ROL, so so many great songs.

Im not massively feeling the preachy songs Freedom, Revolution - but i do really like Borrowed Time. There is definitely something in that track worth pursuing!

I agree! Out of the preachy tracks Borrowed Time would be my #1 pick.

Actually, I think she could do a side project and release an EP titled "Art for Freedom" or "Grafitti Heart" and put all the preachy songs + Between the Bars on there. Of course that would never happen but that would be better than just leaving them as outtakes imo.

My idea on the tracks that MUST be on the RH doesn't change much which means these are clearly the standout tracks:

7. Joan Of Arch

8. Hold Tight

9. Best Night

10. Revolution

11. Heartbreak City

12. Borrowed Time

13. The One That Got Away

14. Rebel Heart

15. Wash Over Me

16. New

17. New

18. New

19. New

I love how some people state their opinion as fact, like if they know anything of what song will be on the album. :lmao:

Only Madonna knows what she wants to put on RH and I can assure she doesn't care about what you think guys.

Stop acting like if you know anyhting. It's not because you don't like a song, it's not because you think a song is too preachy or too much about sex that it won't make the cut.

[REBEL]

1 Bitch, I'm Madonna

2 Unapologetic Bitch

3 SEX

4 Iconic

5 Illuminati

6 Addicted

7 Two Steps Behind Me

8 Best Night

9 Veni Vidi Vici

10 Rebel Heart

[HEART]

11 Devil Pray

12 Ghosttown

13 Wash All Over Me

14 Inside Out

15 Joan Of Arc

16 Borrowed Time

17 Never Let You Go

18 Heartbreak City

19 Messiah

[REBEL]

1 Bitch, I'm Madonna

2 Unapologetic Bitch

3 SEX

4 Iconic

5 Illuminati

6 Addicted

7 Two Steps Behind Me

8 Best Night

9 Veni Vidi Vici

10 Rebel Heart

[HEART]

11 Devil Pray

12 Ghosttown

13 Wash All Over Me

14 Inside Out

15 Joan Of Arc

16 Borrowed Time

17 Never Let You Go

18 Heartbreak City

19 Messiah

Wow I love that idea!!!!!!

Rebel + Heart double disc

Well...I suppose you won't enjoy the album then because that's not going to happen.

If it's going to happen or not it really up to Madonna... and considering that she has never released an album that I did not enjoy... I bet you that I'm going to enjoy the album no-matter what :tigger:

Back that Up and Best Night really need to be on the album.

After a few weeks of listening (in demo form) I think its safe to say this is her best album since ROL, so so many great songs.

These two won't make it.

The line "You can call me M tonight" just made me cringe, and "I'm Backed Up (Constipated)" just don't belong to this album.

[REBEL]

1 Bitch, I'm Madonna

2 Unapologetic Bitch

3 SEX

4 Iconic

5 Illuminati

6 Addicted

7 Two Steps Behind Me

8 Best Night

9 Veni Vidi Vici

10 Rebel Heart

[HEART]

11 Devil Pray

12 Ghosttown

13 Wash All Over Me

14 Inside Out

15 Joan Of Arc

16 Borrowed Time

17 Never Let You Go

18 Heartbreak City

19 Messiah

I like this listing. It's perfection.

No wait, no it isn't. You didn't include Beautiful Scars on it.

Edited by OddlyEven

Yeah like I already said I'm just enjoying expressing my opinions on what songs I would want. I am more than positive we are all going to enjoy the album because Madonna will make it the way she wants it. And whatever demos she chooses are going to be fantastic! There's gonna be enough rebel and just as much heart. And you guys are probably right about the preachy songs. As much as I love Freedom, God is Love and Borrowed Time they probably won't be on the album :/