Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

HOLY SHIT... Veni Vidi Vici is ready for release. You can even throw a 2 Chainz or Drake on that bitch and it'll sound awesome.

I'm obsessed with the second verse and the way she sweetly sings bits of "Like A Prayer" and "Ray Of Light" into your right ear. The vocals are well arranged/mixed.

Multilayeredonna... :inlove:

Kaballahdonna Is where I'm at (Preachy/Acoustic esce ) That's always been my favorite. However I love all madonna genres... I Have to consider myself one of the most PRIVILEGED of Madonna fans... I'm 40, I have been able to enjoy my all-time favorite artist pretty much my entire life, Not many can say that. I've been to EVERY concert, some twice...My brother who is no longer with me, introduced me to her when she was with the breakfast club, He would always escape to the city to do whatever he did to escape, always ending up seeing them. He loved her before she was Madonna, so I fell in love her then too, I think I was 8.I have to say in the 30+ years I have been a "Loyal subject" LOL, the only song i didn't get into was cherish... But I have to say, I am in love with ALL the demos. Its a whole new level of Fandom...she is changing my life yet again..

Kaballahdonna Is where I'm at (Preachy/Acoustic esce ) That's always been my favorite. However I love all madonna genres... I Have to consider myself one of the most PRIVILEGED of Madonna fans... I'm 40, I have been able to enjoy my all-time favorite artist pretty much my entire life, Not many can say that. I've been to EVERY concert, some twice...My brother who is no longer with me, introduced me to her when she was with the breakfast club, He would always escape to the city to do whatever he did to escape, always ending up seeing them. He loved her before she was Madonna, so I fell in love her then too, I think I was 8.I have to say in the 30+ years I have been a "Loyal subject" LOL, the only song i didn't get into was cherish... But I have to say, I am in love with ALL the demos. Its a whole new level of Fandom...she is changing my life yet again..

That's awesome, and a beautiful story!

Best Night, Inside Out and Heartbreak City are strong and along with Ghosttown and Messiah, must be in the album!!

Grafitti Heart and Tragic Girl could have a little improvement, but anyway, I love ithem, she was inspired, like Veni Vidi Vici, that is one of the best!

Never Let You Go, is nice, a little out of the whole context, the lyrics are so poor, but very cacthy and good for the clubs. Nothing Last Forever fits here as well.

Addicted, Beautiful Scars, Hold Tight, and Iconic S E X are the kind of pop she knows very well how to do.

Body Shop, Holy Water, lyrics try to be fun but...

If you like Devil Pray, probably like Freedom and Borrowed Time, same preachy drive, and they are good!

Wow you are fortunate indeed! You must be a walking Madonna encyclopedia :D

there is a new Billboard article that says only one other preview track will be heard on Feb 10... it might be Joan Of Arc... so i guess, we all have to wait till March 10...

FEb 10 will be a gift to me !! And if it's jJoan Of Arc, even better!!! If it does nto go acoustic, I want it to be like a mix of Oh Father and TPOG ! Perfection, I could die!

Inside Out and Best Night are just everything :inlove:

YEAAHHHH ! EVERYTHING!

We must also consider the Japanese, Australian, Asian whatever exclusive editions of the abum,as usual, more songs in them, not

to mention the B-sides too! What is confusing me is the fact that no other songs leaked...Why ? if we had aproximately 40 demos,

why did they stop? Respecting M, or was enough? Save for after the release? Hmmm...

not sure if this has been raised before ...

on the itunes blurb it quotes some lyrics from joan of arc "I cant be a super hero right now .. I'm only human". I assume those last words are new in the final version? Not sure i want anything changed.

Compare the lyrics for the 2 demos of Hold Tight, they are significantly different.

It's to be expected. Joan of Arc lyrics could be significantly different too.

Remember, the final product is not going to be a demo version.

Wow you are fortunate indeed! You must be a walking Madonna encyclopedia :D

Its been an amazing journey, and i hope it continues for as long as it can,

My favorite memory is pretending i was sick so that i could stay home and "videotape" on a VCR, LOL, the like a prayer pepsi commercial.

Well that is probably the worst attitude and opinion a person can have after deciding to listen to DEMOS

Exactly. I'm so afraid of the meltdowns people will have after listening to the final version of Rebel Heart. (I haven't heard it but I'm sure it's going to sound very different)

Heartbreak City is just the best song ever, makes me so emotional. I'm on a loop with tragic girl, Joan of Arc an Heartbreak City. I admit i could not be strong enough and i've heard them, made me wanna have the final versions even more

Guest ditaluver

Exactly. I'm so afraid of the meltdowns people will have after listening to the final version of Rebel Heart. (I haven't heard it but I'm sure it's going to sound very different)

If they prefer demos, they can keep them but I hope people don't come into the new rebel heart album thread bitching. At the end of the day, it's Madonnas decisions and we should respect what she decides to put on the album

I think a lot of the demo songs won't be on the album. Madonna's been working Ryan Tedder and I think a few of the songs they've done together will make the final track list. Ghosttown didn't leak and was a lovely surprise - we should all expect some more!

No, she hasn't.

If they prefer demos, they can keep them but I hope people don't come into the new rebel heart album thread bitching. At the end of the day, it's Madonnas decisions and we should respect what she decides to put on the album

Agreed....I can'tell stand any forum that incessantly bitches about the subject. Disney forums are notorious for that. Don't come into a Madonna forum if you don't like Madonna. But there are those that are recording experts, marketing experts, photography experts, lighting experts, mixing experts, etc. I despised the drum majorette costume in the MDNA tour but there was an awful lot of things that were over the top fantastic. Certainly, I was not going to fixate on that one costume in that giant extravaganza. intend to enjoy and absorb this album even if Borrowed Time doesn't make the cut. After thirty plus years in the business, Madonna is the expert. Besides that...she is an artist and we can't have the same meaning in her art if we dictate the finished product. Rebel Heart will be killer. The demos prove that. I cannot choose nineteen without reconsidering the inclusion of my left out tracks.

Edited by sul8323

Yes and Ariel Pink confirmed he was contacted, Gaga confirmed M sent her a well wishing email.

People say shit. He may well be in on it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope everything sounds different! When the first 6 songs released, it was more exciting to listen to Devil Pray and Illuminati than Unapologetic Bitch and Bitch I'm Madonna BECAUSE they differed more from the demo versions. And even though I wasn't into the Illuminati new beat right away, I didn't go unto the forum bitching about it and ruining the excitement for everyone else. Now that time has passed and I forgot the demo version, Illuminati suddenly revealed itself in a new light. I can't stop listening to it. That bass is everything! The all seeing eye is watching tonight... ♡♡♡♡♡ Point is, people get too used to the demos and because most human beings don't like change, they can miss the amaziness of the final product.

They (M and co producers) did wonders to the album versions of Living For Love, Devil Prays, and Illuminati. I trust them with every other song thats going to be reproduced on the album.

At least we get to have alternate recordings of all these tracks thanks to the demos, when else has this ever happened??? :wow:

I feel grateful that M still feels that she wants to give us new music. Every time she starts working on a new album it's exciting to wait for, and hear, the news that trickles through. I always feel excited about a new Madonna album on the eve of its release but I haven't felt like I do now since the Confessions ere.

Regardless of charts, sales or what critics say I'm loving this era.

* Living For Love is her best lead single since Hung Up.

* Ghosttown is up with the best Madonna ballads ever!

* Devil Pray is truly amazing.

* illuminati is the song I keep coming back to.

*Unapologetic Bitch is great and is going to sound even better in the summer!

* Bitch I'm Madonna has the one I wasn't sure of but I'm cool with it now. It mightn't be one I come back to in years but I appreciate it for what it is.

As for the rest I'm so so excited! Whatever she delivers will be amazing! I for one can't wait!!!!!

I feel grateful that M still feels that she wants to give us new music. Every time she starts working on a new album it's exciting to wait for, and hear, the news that trickles through. I always feel excited about a new Madonna album on the eve of its release but I haven't felt like I do now since the Confessions ere.

* Bitch I'm Madonna has the one I wasn't sure of but I'm cool with it now. It mightn't be one I come back to in years but I appreciate it for what it is.

As for the rest I'm so so excited! Whatever she delivers will be amazing! I for one can't wait!!!!!

I agree with everything above!

This album and era is hardly comparable to any other. It's gonna stand out so much and so strong compared to M's past albums, I just know it!!!

Preach it!!! The fact of the matter is that this era is fucking awesome!! I got into Madonna at full force during Confessions on the Dance floor. Over the years since I've submerged myself into the world of Madonna, studying lyrics, past eras, unreleased songs, her whole legacy. It's been amazing! But never have I experienced this kind of excitement of seeing an amazing era unravel itself! Hard Candy and MDNA were exciting but I'm completely in love with Rebel Heart album! ♡ Sorry for the rant, I just can't with the feels!