Demo Discussions 2 (Spoilers ahead! No links allowed)

Tragic Girl then Beautiful Scars sound beautiful paired together

Sitting here at my desk like:

Madonna1.jpg

I feel you. When I first listened to Heartbreak City I was in my car, having this attitude like "yet another demo". But when the chorus hit, suddenly I got all emotional. For the longest of time I pretended that breakups didn't do anything to me, that I was strong enough. But suddenly I felt Madonna's vulnerability and it was almost as if she gave me permission to be vulnerable as well. I just had tears run down my face. It was amazing.

Another song that made a similar effect was Inside Out. ♡♡♡♡♡

Does anyone feel as though there are three types of songs in these demos rather than "Rebel" and "Heart" songs?

1) in your face harder dance songs with funny sexual tongue in cheek type of lyrics, to annoy the people who whine about being "age Inappropriate: ex. Bitch I"m Madonna, Holy Water, S.E.X.

2) mid tempo songs with inspiring lyrics to help you improve your life or social political themes, ex: Living for Love, Devil Prays, Revolution

3) stripped down piano or acoustic guitar songs that are about heartbreak and are kind of depressing and sad. Ex: Tragic Girl, Heartbreak City, Joan of Arc.

As long as there is balance, everyone should be happy. The way I look at it, if she adds Holy Water and SEX, then there's better be Freedom and Iconic. It's only fair!! I know some people don't like Preachdonna, but I personally was never a big fan of sexdonna either. Plus her preachy songs have always been #1. Frozen for instance. Oh and I consider Devil Pray preachy as well. She's making people think. I want more songs like that!!

Does anyone feel as though there are three types of songs in these demos rather than "Rebel" and "Heart" songs?

1) in your face harder dance songs with funny sexual tongue in cheek type of lyrics, to annoy the people who whine about being "age Inappropriate: ex. Bitch I"m Madonna, Holy Water, S.E.X.

2) mid tempo songs with inspiring lyrics to help you improve your life or social political themes, ex: Living for Love, Devil Prays, Revolution

3) stripped down piano or acoustic guitar songs that are about heartbreak and are kind of depressing and sad. Ex: Tragic Girl, Heartbreak City, Joan of Arc.

Yeah I was just thinking about that hah

I'm listening to these in this order on my journey home. It's just like a classic Madonna album. Really solid pop with no filler. Remember her early albums only ever had around nine tracks.

Living for love

Wash all over me

Two steps behind me

Back that up

Sex

Never let you go

Inside out

Addicted

Bitch I'm madonna

All these extra tracks actually detract from a listenable length album and a clear concept.

All these extra tracks actually detract from a listenable length album and a clear concept.

I don't really agree. For me, the more Madonna the better. What may be one person's favorite song, another person may not care for. So I think more tracks is better for most people. There's more likeliehood of appealing to more people. If you don't like a song you can always not listen to it or skip it, but you can't add more songs. Also, it seems now there's a longer gap between albums than in the 80's, so more tracks is better. I don't worry about a concept as much as some people. I tend to listen to albums all the way through only a couple of times. I then pick out my favorite songs and make random playlists with other artists I like.

Guest Madomination

I want freedom on the album. It has to be.

Only if it is reworked with the spoken part taken OUT!....just like I hope she takes out those awful back-up vocals in Heartbreak City..if it makes it on the album...... :s703:

Only if it is reworked with the spoken part taken OUT!....just like I hope she takes out those awful back-up vocals in Heartbreak City..if it makes it on the album...... :s703:

Omg I love those backup vocals in Heartbreak City. They make the song sound a lot more emotional ♡

I wouldn't mind SEX on the album, even though it's trashy as hell BUT PLEASE NO HOLY WATER!!!11! Seriously, what were the girls smoking when they wrote THAT?

Drink my precious f*cking alcohol? Errr no thanks

Holy Water=essence of Madonna

As long as there is balance, everyone should be happy. The way I look at it, if she adds Holy Water and SEX, then there's better be Freedom and Iconic. It's only fair!! I know some people don't like Preachdonna, but I personally was never a big fan of sexdonna either. Plus her preachy songs have always been #1. Frozen for instance. Oh and I consider Devil Pray preachy as well. She's making people think. I want more songs like that!!

WHAT?

I'm listening to these in this order on my journey home. It's just like a classic Madonna album. Really solid pop with no filler. Remember her early albums only ever had around nine tracks.

Living for love

Wash all over me

Two steps behind me

Back that up

Sex

Never let you go

Inside out

Addicted

Bitch I'm madonna

I have a better idea:

Living for Love

Illuminati

Bitch Im Madonna

Ghosttown

Devil Pray

Unapoletic Bitch

Holy Water

Joan of Arc

Rebel Heart

thats "preachy"?

i was thinking something more like "Hey You" or "Nobody Knows Me"..

I'm not sure preachy is the right word for frozen but I kinda get what he is saying. She proposes a mantra I guess. :shrug:

Guest ditaluver

OK so after a few weeks of repeat listens and gym sessions.... this is MY perfect Madonna Rebel Heart - assuming there are no new songs. which we all know there are more!

BEAUTIFUL SCARS
BEST NIGHT
BITCH, I'M MADONNA
BODY SHOP
BORROWED TIME
DEVIL PRAY

FREEDOM
GHOSTTOWN

GRAFFITI HEART
HEARTBREAK CITY
HOLD TIGHT
ICONIC
ILLUMINATI
INSIDE OUT
JOAN OF ARC

LIVING FOR LOVE
MESSIAH

NEVER LET YOU GO
REBEL HEART
S.E.X.
THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY (ADDICTED)
UNAPOLOGETIC BITCH
WASH ALL OVER ME

GOD DAMN THAT IS A LOT OF AMAZING MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The demos are all off the chain and have me falling in love with Madonna all over again. I am a tragic fan from now until the end. Some very empowering material in this collection. I cannot effing wait. The Unapologetic Bitch is the forever Queen.

I'm not sure preachy is the right word for frozen but I kinda get what he is saying. She proposes a mantra I guess. :shrug:

Yeah, I think I'm using the wrong word. But when Madonna's songs have a spiritual/preachy undertones, they are always amazing and my most favorites. To name a few:

Drowned Word, Swim, Sky Fits Heaven, Paradise (Not For Me), Love Profusion, I'm So Stupid, Nobody Knows Me, Nothing Fails, Easy Ride, Get Together, Future Love, Jump, How High, Isaac... Devil Pray.

I think that's where her essence is now. HC and MDNA were lacking it and personally I felt the difference. Not to say I didn't love those albums, I absolutely did.

ALONE WITH YOU

Don´t you treat me like

i´m anybody not average

i´m not everyone you

Criticize me like you´re Something Special

but you´re not this is who i’am

not ordinary if you want me the price better

pay the price pointing out all my flaws

in me like your were perfect

but you´re not.

(Chorus)

there you go didn´t

make a convinient exit

i´d rather be on my own

i´d rather be all alone

there something you didn´t here you

come tryng to make a convinient entrance

i´m turning my heart into stone

i´d rather be all alone

than be alone with you

try yo shoot me down it will ricochet

you can escape always hear my name

i´d like to raise yo all arrogance

look it up call it what you want

you´re history i´ll never understand

you´re a mystery you´re lie

with every kiss it all comes down to this

(Chorus)

there you go didn´t

make a convinient exit

i´d rather be on my own

i´d rather be all alone

there something you didn´t here you

come tryng to make a convinient entrance

i´m turning my heart into stone

i´d rather be all alone

than be alone with you

i´d rather be all alone now i´m free

i´d rather be all alone

i´d rather be all alone

i´d rather be all alone now i´m free

i´d rather be all alone you can´t handle me

(Male rapping)

firefly chain when i catch ya put ya in a net for they light glow

yellow brick highway paparazzi pile up on the high roll

they just turned the sun into an (can’t understand)

they just wanna see how high the sky go

they be blowing on my head blowing on my head

put it on your head put it on your wall

put me in the schoolbooks put me in the logs

put me in the desk and (something something) cigar

firefly girl wanna catch ya gonna catch ya when your lights go down

wanna chain you to a letter and logo wanna stick you in a drawer with a pen you an icon

then there is a speech recording that goes

the first step before anybody else in the world believes it is that you have to believe it

the greatness exists in all of us

its very simple : this is what i believe in

and i will die for it

If Rebel Heart was a classic 10 track vinyl album, this would be my tracklist:

Side A

01 Living for Love (single 1)

02 Two Steps Behind

03 Iconic (single 5)

04 Inside Out

05 Ghosttown (single 4)

Side B

01 Rebel Heart (single 2)

02 Devil Pray

03 Joan of Arc

04 Heartbreak City

05 Wash All Over Me (single 3)

Single b-sides:

Hold Tight

Graffiti Heart

Best Night

Never Let you Go (Christmas version retitled "Let it Snow") ;)

Beautiful Scars

Edited by BetteDavisDub