Madonna's image this era

Exactly! There are two distinct looks that come to mind when I think of HC......

The RRHOF/Roseland gig look and then the blonde waves parted down the middle. The big reinvention here of course was the "freshening up" she had done to her face. :)

For MDNA it's the look posted above and the early 90's reprise she had in the TOD ads. Interview '10 was kind of a pre-cursor to this look. Id go as far to say that WE "era" had its own distinct look that sort of gradually morphed into the MDNA look.

Hell, even the Celebration/S&S (second leg) era has its own distinct look. The hair looked different than first leg and she put on just a tiny bit of weight......or maybe she just changed how she was working out. Her appearance at MTV Awards for the MJ tribute, Letterman appearance and SNL w/LG all have a distinct look to me.

Exactly! There are two distinct looks that come to mind when I think of HC......

The RRHOF/Roseland gig look and then the blonde waves parted down the middle. The big reinvention here of course was the "freshening up" she had done to her face. :)

For MDNA it's the look posted above and the early 90's reprise she had in the TOD ads. Interview '10 was kind of a pre-cursor to this look. Id go as far to say that WE "era" had its own distinct look that sort of gradually morphed into the MDNA look.

Hell, even the Celebration/S&S (second leg) era has its own distinct look. The hair looked different than first leg and she put on just a tiny bit of weight......or maybe she just changed how she was working out. Her appearance at MTV Awards for the MJ tribute, Letterman appearance and SNL w/LG all have a distinct look to me.

And Kurt420 nails it once again. :clap: :clap: :clap:

She doesnt need to change the hair as she already changes the face for every era

You mean she slightly looks older as the years go by? Please watch what you say!!

I have a feeling we are going to be surprised very soon and the fact that we are so clueless right now makes it even more exciting :D

It's easy, for me when I think of MDNA era the first look that comes to mind is this. She had it for the video, the tour...it's all about that hair

umf_2012_068.jpgreg_300.Madonna.jc.0712.jpg

Yes, and also for the few interviews that she did do at the time. I looove that MDNA tour Revolver look, so cool

Her hair is a little different already this era. It's shorter than it has been in awhile. I would like a 1920's flapper look. She and Natalia Kills were dressed 20's style at some party. Does anyone remember those pictures? I think it would be great because that was the time when women started to rebel against sexism and prudish people, and did their own thing! It would fit perfectly with the theme of the album.

Her hair is a little different already this era. It's shorter than it has been in awhile. I would like a 1920's flapper look. She and Natalia Kills were dressed 20's style at some party. Does anyone remember those pictures? I think it would be great because that was the time when women started to rebel against sexism and prudish people, and did their own thing! It would fit perfectly with the theme of the album.

That could be really interesting. The concept fits, but I don't see it fitting with the sound of the album... but I'm sure some more creative than I am could find a way to make it all mesh. I think they were dressed in that look at M's birthday party last year.

It was Madonna's birthday party!

madonnanataliakills.png

I loved that look

That's an interesting insight. And her hair does look shorter. Just looked at some recent paparazzi pictures. But what determines a new look? First video or first performance? Both are not too far away but if it's the video, it'd be incredible if it has 20s style influence.

I LOVE THE MARILYN MONORE/ANNA NICOLE GUESS LOOK FOR LIVING FOR LOVE! Red fuzzy sweater, leopard print shorts, blue eyes, old school glam makeup and white hair! SO FUCKING GOOD! BEST IN AGES AND THAT SAYS A LOT!

I LOVE THE MARILYN MONORE/ANNA NICOLE GUESS LOOK FOR LIVING FOR LOVE! Red fuzzy sweater, leopard print shorts, blue eyes, old school glam makeup and white hair! SO FUCKING GOOD! BEST IN AGES AND THAT SAYS A LOT!

I think that's only part of it, I don't think we have seen the full look for this era yet, i have a feeling, (Hope) that we are going to see some sort of a dominatrix style with a bit of royal opulence..9aab7a57a1f4691fcb4fd787e9f29dd3_zps678a

Edited by jaguadar1720

I want a new look. It's not imperative and it has nothing to do with my enjoyment of her music but it's fun. My favorite "image" of Madonna is her natural look but if dress up is a must then I hope it's interesting, and it usually is with her.

Sadly, it feels like those days are gone. I think if she were going with a specific look, we'd see it on the album cover, no? The cover and promotional photograph just look like a rehashed version of the early 90s Monroe-style image.

Although, I must say I prefer her with short hair this time around. It's been a while since we've seen her hair short. I think she should keep it that way during this era.

My favourite look of hers is that early 90s Marilyn Monroesque look, so I hope she keeps it. She just needs the darker eyebrows and she'll look amazing in any b&w video or photoshoot.

I know many of us want her to bleach the eyebrows, but she looks a lot better when they're dark and defined. Like in that 2010 black and white photoshoot. Besides, darker eyebrows help bring out the eyes better and generally make the person appear more youthful.

Also, she might look great with bleached brows on photos but I hate it on her in real life. Examples are Deeper and Deeper and 4 Minutes videos. Her face looks washed out.

Her look has been a bit repetitive over the last few years ( a little flick of the hair does not maketh a look ) I would like to see her do something a little more drastic for this era. She has always been far too white and pasty ( very English ) I would like to see her faked tanned, bring back the mole ( has been a while ) sandy beachy hair. A slutty mature Gidget.

Madonna is most likely going to be wearing John Galliano's Maison Martin Margiela couture as the look.....the leopard print leotard that she is wearing (in that Rebel Heart photo with the red cardigan) is from Galliano's new couture collection.....also Arianne Phillips posted two pictures from the Margiela show today, and tagged madonna and steven klein

she should keep with the white eyebrows and style of the Interview shoot. I hate when she dresses in character its too gimmicky.

Also anything will be better than that teenager outfit she had on for the MDNA promotion (that facebook interview) :lmao:

Madonna_Interview-Magazine_December-2014

madonna-interview-magazine1-thatgrapejui

madonna-interview-exclusive-1.jpg

That look is great and she could expand it and involve it in a Marlene Dietrich manner. I think she looks German here lol

Short hair, swedish blonde

Monroe short curly like the album cover suggests. It makes her look younger/ and provides more emphasis on her athletic posture.

monroe short/ not miley short...

shes had shoulder length middle blond since pre Guy Ritchy, [with exception of American Life- dark hair]

I know she had different images from HC and MDNA, and when I think of MDNA I think of the black and white stripes etc, but it wasn't like a reinvention.

In the 00s I'd always hear people and tv shows saying she was the queen of reinvention, and curious what her next image would be, because it was always so different to the last. There hasn't been a drastic change since confessions, no different hair colour, no major on going theme with the era etc.

I'm completely on-board w/ Madonna this era: the bleached eyebrows, grillz, radiant skin, flirty yet refined hairstyle but there's a part of me that still thinks about the magnificent epicness that might have been .....

8-e1372678393270.jpg

I WANT BOTH!

I hate the damn grills. They add years to her smile!! I also think she looks better with dark eye shadows and some bronzer on her cheeks.

The pale make up around her eyes make them look smaller. I've seen Asian girls make their eyes appear huge! I'm sure Madonna could do magic with make up. But for some reason she sticks to a very minimum amount of it. I don't know why...