What should be the 2nd single?

What should be the 2nd single?  

419 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the 2nd single?

We at DrownedMadonna.com heard that Madonna would like Ghosttown and Devil Pray to be released as singles. And we are excited!

We also learnt that tentatively the video for Ghosttown will be filmed by Swedish director Jonas Ã…kerlund.

Keep in mind that at this stage nothing is definitive yet!

http://drownedmadonna.com/madonnas-next-singles-rebel-heart-video-director/20150214

Oh please God

Songs I think would make good singles (not my favorites):

Ghosttown

Bitch I'm Madonna

Iconic

Hold Tight

Those for sure stand out as the strongest possibilities.

I don't care so much about the charts, but my dream is to get four SOLID videos that put this on a par with LAP, Erotica, BS, and ROL as amazing video albums. One down, three to go?

Ghosttown or Joan of Arc, then maybe UB or Hold Tight.

When do you guys think the release of the 2nd single? Im so excited for the music video! I hope it has a story line.

According to the original plan, "Living for Love" was supposed to be released this week, followed by a second single before the album release in late April.

So I think the next single will be released in late March or early April.

According to the original plan, "Living for Love" was supposed to be released this week, followed by a second single before the album release in late April.

So I think the next single will be released in late March or early April.

I think so too. She'll probably shoot the video sometime in the second half of March after the big album promo push, which would mean a mid to late April video release. So, I'd say an early April push to radio with the video following a couple weeks later

Drowned Madonna is reporting the next two singles will be "Ghosttown" with a video by Jonas Aukerland and then "Devil Pray."

I know some fans will be happy about Ghosttown getting a big video and release, but I do wish she'd release a Bitch song afterwards.

"We at DrownedMadonna.com heard that Madonna would like Ghosttown and Devil Pray to be released as singles. And we are excited!

We also learnt that tentatively the video for Ghosttown will be filmed by Swedish director Jonas Ã…kerlund.

Keep in mind that at this stage nothing is definitive yet!

Jonas Ã…kerlund previously worked with Madonna for her Ray of Light, Music, American Life, Jump and Celebration videos. And besides, he directed her Confessions Tour DVD and Im Going to Tell You a Secret documentary.

His wife B. Ã…kerlund also worked with Madonna several times as stylist. Lately she was the one in charge for her Living for Love performance at the Grammy Awards."

http://drownedmadonna.com/madonnas-next-singles-rebel-heart-video-director/20150214

Perfect singles and my fav songs from the album. They would have to do some major editing of Devil Prays for American radio though.

And no Hold Tight. Too drab to get noticed.

Edited by chitownmikey

I think we need to redefine our idea of singles for Madonna. Part of the magic of new Madonna albums has always been the fun of predicting the tracks that would be singles. And we don't have to let go of that. However, we probably need to stop taking top 40 radio airplay into consideration (especially USA), and concentrate on other factors: would it make a good video, would it be good for performing on TV appearances, would youtube audiences enjoy it, etc. She will probably always release singles, but videos, streaming, and promo are going to be what plugs them, not radio.

That having been said, I think AC and adult top 40 radio could conceivably embrace Madonna again with a track like Ghosttown. Her ballads were huge radio hits from 1992-1996 era.

Ghosttown could be a great single but I think it's a shame if she doesn't release one of the Bitch songs as a single. At least release one of them after Town.

Would hate to never see a video for UnapologeticBitch or Bitch, I'm Madonna. It's like Gangbang all over again.

I think this is indeed true a lot of the time, but changes still happen. Bad Girl was meant to be 2nd from Erotica but they brought Deeper and Deeper in and BG got pushed back to 3rd. Same thing with What it Feels Like for a Girl and Don't Tell Me. Jump was planned as the third single and got pushed back in favor of Get Together

What this signals to me is that the probably have the 1st and 2nd singles and a group probably 4 or 5 potential singles picked out at the beginning, but things are always subject to change. Changing a 2nd single is a tough time table (and yet she has done it before), but changing a planned 3rd single with enough notice doesn't seem like a huge deal, especially now because teams have access to more real time data like the performance of album tracks on iTunes and Spotify

Hello! You're totally right...but as you see, if the information provided by Drowned Madonna is right, they seem to have chosen all the singles ( like I said before) and they're already working on concept, style,promotion and other details for a long time...maybe they can change one of the singles, but I'm pretty shure everything is on the making...that's how music industry works...Maybe they're releasing one or two more singles ( besides Ghosttown and Devil Prays) but they'll probably wait to see how the first singles are received...

Well, now that we know that "Rebel Heart" lost its magic vocoder hook, I am excited that "Ghosttown" could be the 2nd single. It is a great song.

This. It's not happening so it's pointless to even discuss what could've been and how much potential the original/better RH was lol but I'm 200% for GT!! Beyond obvious but watch it end up being Bitch I'm M :##

As tired as the discussion is, we all know U.S. radio won't go near anything from her (as good as it is). Luckily, radio is only ONE factor (out of *numerous others now in order to chart)! Thank god it's not the dreadful 1999-2004 era anymore when radio and only radio controlled the entire hot 100. A song like GT def has potential w/ the right promotion (comes out right around the album release) as the general public will think it's the first single! If the video is good and impactful she def. has a chance to chart respectably (between streaming, video views, iTunes sales etc...) She and her fans can now say F U.S. radio lol. As usual, I see a song like this 'possibly' smashing in Europe, Asia etc...

Bitch, I'm Madonna could be a popular song with a great video despite radio. A lot of people are underestimating it's appeal

This whole notion she has to release something mature is stupid. She can do something fun after Ghosttown. People expect to have fun and enjoy her music as well

In a perfect world, she would've performed Rebel Heart at the Grammys and released an edgier mix of the demo version this week. What even was the point of releasing a first single 2 months before it was pushed? I really thought LFL would not be a 'real' single since they released it so early, and that they were saving Rebel Heart for a big promotional push since it really was one of her all time best songs. But then the album version leaked and....

34dsc55.png

Team Ghosttown.

OMG. I love this. Now she starts to release THE BEST SONGS ON THE ALBUM not thinking about the charts AT LAST.

Ghosttown is strong & powerful, I could see this becoming the song of 2015 if it is heard and promoted!

Then Devil Pray!!! Again amazing song! So strong!!! Hope she sticks to this plan! I adore BOTH songs inlike LFL.

For forth single I would ve chosen Hold Tight, for fifth - Inside Out :)

I'm starting to think my theory might be correct. She will release lots of singles and videos this era!! After Devil Pray she's gonna move onto Unapologetic Bitch and Bitch Im Madonna. Then Hold Tight and Iconic and so on. We might get an amazing video collection with this album!

I'm starting to think my theory might be correct. She will release lots of singles and videodisc this era!! After Devil Pray she's gonna move onto Unapologetic Bitch and Bitch Im Madonna. Then Hold Tight and Iconic and so on. We might get an amazing video collection with this album!

Maybe! Or one video for each sequence of the tour : rebel, matador, bitch, post apocalypse...

Living for love was not the typical big budget video we have for Madonna's first single. It was perfect but didn't cost 1.5m like Gmayl. That means more budget for the other videos!