What should be the 2nd single?

What should be the 2nd single?  

419 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the 2nd single?

What's crazy is I want her to perform a VARIETY of songs from RH to showcase the ALBUM. Versus pushing just one single, that radio probably won't touch.

BUT -- even if I had to pick a few of them, I still wouldn't know which ones, there are so many.

This must be like her trying to pick what songs to play on tour, where the fuck would she begin?

Am I the only person who thinks "Rebel Heart" (song) is the weakest song out of any of the album tracks? (I'm not counting super-deluxe stuff like "Autotune Baby", cuz I won't think she would release any of those as singles). And yes, I think the same of the demo version too. It's not BAD, but there are SO many stronger choices. " Erotica" has been my favorite song since the first time I heard it back in '92, but "Inside Out" is actually giving it a run for its money. NEVER thought that could happen. I am in awe of this record.

Edited by momosfantasy

I know it might sound crazy, but I'd really like Holy Water as a single.

I know the content doesn't suit the masses and would steer a big controversy, but the production value is really really high and it could get a stunning video treatment 😃.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks "addicted" should be a single. Sounds perfect for the radio to me. Not to mention it samples an old pop radio song "California dreamin" that everyone loves. This song makes me want to move, it screams classic M.

The album stickers list 'featuring Living for Love, Ghosttown, and Bitch Im Madonna ft. Nicki Minaj'
I've been thinking Ghosttown as the second single with BIM to the clubs, and it looks like that might happen!

I can also see that happening.

Do you guys think M has the 2nd single already decided? With MDNA it felt like GGW was always set to be single #2 and there was no doubt about it...

Do you guys think M has the 2nd single already decided? With MDNA it felt like GGW was always set to be single #2 and there was no doubt about it...

All the release strategy is decided prior to the album launch, including which and how many singles will be released. Fans tend to think that Madonna ( or another artist, whatever) sits and thinks over and over, what is the next step. But that's not how it works in pop music industry. It's true that some recording companies release "promo singles" and change their minds in the process, I mean, those promo singles aren't supposed to be released as proper singles, but the audiences like them and then the original idea is changed, but the companies count on this possibility when they release promo singles, so that they can prepare an official release. But normally, and that's Madonnas case, everything is already decide months in advance. Madonnas team has already chosen which and how many singles will be released...it's a very complicated process, which involves designers, coreographers etc etc and A LOT of planing. They can't decide one or two months before the release. I understand that fans have this romantic idea...but that's not how it works...that's why people don't understand why Madonna ( actually her team) seems to make the "wrong" single choices, but the fact is, that everything is planned before the album is released...they have to count on promo...although they have market analysts they don't know 100% how the strategy will be received by the audiences...and that is one of the difficulties in releasing pop music...

Guest HaveASit

We at DrownedMadonna.com heard that Madonna would like Ghosttown and Devil Pray to be released as singles. And we are excited!

We also learnt that tentatively the video for Ghosttown will be filmed by Swedish director Jonas Ã…kerlund.

Keep in mind that at this stage nothing is definitive yet!

http://drownedmadonna.com/madonnas-next-singles-rebel-heart-video-director/20150214

We at DrownedMadonna.com heard that Madonna would like Ghosttown and Devil Pray to be released as singles. And we are excited!

We also learnt that tentatively the video for Ghosttown will be filmed by Swedish director Jonas Ã…kerlund.

Keep in mind that at this stage nothing is definitive yet!

http://drownedmadonna.com/madonnas-next-singles-rebel-heart-video-director/20150214

Devil Pray, really?

For a hit she needs to release BIM or UB ft. hot young artists.

All the release strategy is decided prior to the album launch, including which and how many singles will be released. Fans tend to think that Madonna ( or another artist, whatever) sits and thinks over and over, what is the next step. But that's not how it works in pop music industry. It's true that some recording companies release "promo singles" and change their minds in the process, I mean, those promo singles aren't supposed to be released as proper singles, but the audiences like them and then the original idea is changed, but the companies count on this possibility when they release promo singles, so that they can prepare an official release. But normally, and that's Madonnas case, everything is already decide months in advance. Madonnas team has already chosen which and how many singles will be released...it's a very complicated process, which involves designers, coreographers etc etc and A LOT of planing. They can't decide one or two months before the release. I understand that fans have this romantic idea...but that's not how it works...that's why people don't understand why Madonna ( actually her team) seems to make the "wrong" single choices, but the fact is, that everything is planned before the album is released...they have to count on promo...although they have market analysts they don't know 100% how the strategy will be received by the audiences...and that is one of the difficulties in releasing pop music...

I think this is indeed true a lot of the time, but changes still happen. Bad Girl was meant to be 2nd from Erotica but they brought Deeper and Deeper in and BG got pushed back to 3rd. Same thing with What it Feels Like for a Girl and Don't Tell Me. Jump was planned as the third single and got pushed back in favor of Get Together

What this signals to me is that the probably have the 1st and 2nd singles and a group probably 4 or 5 potential singles picked out at the beginning, but things are always subject to change. Changing a 2nd single is a tough time table (and yet she has done it before), but changing a planned 3rd single with enough notice doesn't seem like a huge deal, especially now because teams have access to more real time data like the performance of album tracks on iTunes and Spotify

Guest HaveASit

Devil Pray, really?

For a hit she needs to release BIM or UB ft. hot young artists.

Even if she releases Uptown Funk she won't have a hit single. It's all about selling the album, and those options are the best for this purpose IMO